Chapter X

Terror in the Woods

"From the direction that thing was traveling, it was heading northeast."  Eunhyuk noted.  "I agree." Leeteuk replied. "We will fan out going in that direction.  If you hear or see anything, sound the alarm.  Also, I don't want any heroes.  Don't confront it alone.  We still don't know what it is capable of doing!"  Leeteuk warned.  All the members agree and they set out.  

The two groups were walking for quite a distance, when they notice something.  "They must have come through here." Shindong stated point up. "You can see a trail."  Up in the trees, they would see that some of the branches were visible broken. Leeteuk called the other group over and stated"We will follow that." The seven members gather together and started to follow the trail above them, deeper into the woods.

Moo Young smiled. He had hoped that the bread crumbs he had left the members would fool them. As the seven walked further away, Moo Young circled around to his den with Ryewook in tow.  He peered from under the branches and saw the wounded men and the two left behind to protect them.  "Oh, they took the big ones with them.  These two will be easy to overtake." Moo Young thought to himself.  

Heechul and Hangeng were tending to both Siwon and Sungmin's wounds.  Siwon had woken up but he was still very dizzy and disoriented. "He needs to be treated by a doctor." Hangeng stated as he looked at Sungmin's wounds. "The cuts on his chest and arm are deep and I cannot stop the bleeding. Also the bones in his arm and left leg will need to be set.".  Heechul looked at Sungmin and agreed. "For now, lets bandage him up as best we can. Once Siwon feels better, we will carry them back to the bus." Heechul said.  

Moo Young placed Ryewook down on one of the branches and slowly started climbing down the tree toward the four young men. He made very sure to make no noise to alert them of his presence.   "Just a little closer and I will have them!" Moo Young thought as he approached Heechul.  

Suddenly a pine cone hit Heechul from behind causing him to turn around.  He came face to face with Moo Young.  This was unexpected and it startled Moo Young.  It startled him enough that both Heechul and Hangeng were able to arm themselves for what might happen.

"Those are mine!" Moo Young snarled.  "I want them back.".  "Fat Chance!!" Heechul replied, "You will have to take them over our dead bodies.".  "That can be easily arranged." Moo Young replied. The three stared at each other when all of a sudden Moo Young lunged at Hanseng, but Hanseng was fast and was able to step out of the way.  Heechul took the opportunity to hit Moo Young across the back with the makeshift club he had made out of a branch.  The strike affected Moo Young more than he had expected.  It dazed him and for a moment he lost his bearings.  Hanseng ran forward and stabbed Moo Young with a sharpen branch.  Moo Young wailed in pain and quickly rushed up into the trees. 

The others members heard the yell from a distance and became alarmed.  "Did you hear that?  I think someone's got hurt!" Leeteuk yelled, "We need to get back now!!".  The members immediately starting running back to where they had left the injured ones.