Chapter III

Terror in the Woods

As the group members had lunch, Leeteuk thought it had been months since all of the members had taken any days off together.  Everyone had had very busy schedules.  He had noticed some tension between the members for some time now.  He believed part of it was due to their busy schedules, but also due the fact the twelve of them had not spent any time together, enjoying each other's company. When their scheduled finally slowed down, Leeteuk took advantage of the situation, setting up dinners, sporting events and excursions like this one.  A long day hike into the local mountains, away from the city and the constant demand of fame was what they needed.  They needed to re-energize and reconnect.  Here was the perfect opportunity.

Ryewook, the local history buff, had been talking about this ancient village, full of legends and ghost stories, for the past year.  He had been trying to get someone to go and visit them with him, but due to one thing or another, it never happened.  Leeteuk finally got all of the members to agree to go.  It would be fun, being in nature, exercising and maybe learning something about the local area.  There would be something for everyone.  Ryewook was so excited, finally a trip to Gang San.

All of the members started eating and talking.  Before long, they were laughing and teasing each other like the old days.  Leeteuk was so happy they had decided to do this.

Hidden in the branches of the trees, Moo Young watched as the young men ate their meal.  Two of them looked bigger and stronger than the others.  He knew that he would need to eliminate these two first, but how? Lost in thought, Moo Young had not realized that the group had packed up and was now traveling along the old path. That gave him an idea.