Chapter II

Terror in the Woods

"Ryewook, are you reading the map right?", Leeteuk yelled.  "We have been walking for hours and we still haven't found these so called ruins yet!'.

"Hyung, it says they are near here on the map.  Look!"  Ryewook replied.  Leeteuk and Kangin took the map from Ryewook.  After studying it for some time, they agreed that the ruins of the ancient village were near by but where? Eunhyuk and Dongwae suddenly yelled at the group, "Look, we found an old trail." Eunhyuk continued "I think this is the one Ryewook has been talking about. It is overgrown but you can still see the outline."  

It was obvious the trail had not been used in years.  "See hyung, I wasn't lying." Ryewook exclaimed. "I am sorry, I misspoke.  I guess we are all just tired and hungry." Leeteuk apologized.  "Why don't we rest here and have our lunch.". Everyone agreed and they pulled out the food that they had prepared for the day long hike.  They set about moving large branches and laying out blankets so that they could sit and enjoy their meal.  They decided that once they finished eating they would follow the old trail and reach their destination.  The group's moral livened up and the atmosphere became playful as the twelve good friends, talked and laughed, enjoying each other company.  

From the shadows, a pair of eyes watched their every movement.  Moo Young was accessing the young men, trying to determine who was the weakest and the strongest in the "herd". He knew that the best thing to do would be to take out the strongest, but he was still very weak from malnutrition. Instead he decided to test his stamina with the weakest.  He would then feed and hopefully be able to take the others down.  He decided to watch from the distance and try to find his opportunity to attack.