Chapter XV

Terror in the Woods

The group heard the yelling and quickly turned around to return to the den. The members soon merged and they hurried to aid their friends.  Mentally they all got prepared for a fight they knew was inevitable.  

Hangeng and Eunhyuk got there first and began to call out for the others.  "Siwon, Ryewook? Where are you? Kangin, Sungmin?"  "Over here!" they heard Siwon call.  The members rushed over and pulled the three out from under the brush.  "Where is Kangin?" Leeteuk asked in a panic. "That monster came back and Kangin went after him alone." Ryewook replied.  

By now the members could hear the battle raging above them.  "He is up there with him!!" Ryewook yelled.  Immediately several of the members began to climb the tree in an effort to help Kangin. When they reached the top they saw Kangin pinned against the edge of the den and Moo Young feeding on him.  As soon as Moo Young saw the members coming over the edge of the den, he let go and Kangin collapsed to the floor in a heap.  

Yesung ran to Kangin while the others rushed Moo Young. Moo Young was delirious and feeling giddy as well as nauseous from the sudden intact of blood. The euphoria was an experience he had long forgotten. He knew there was no way he would be able to confront all of them in this condition. His body was not longer use to human blood and its effect on his body was drastic.  This was too much too soon. It was going to take his body a long while to adjust.

Before Moo Young realized, the members were attacking him. He soon realized what was going on and tried to gather his wits. He began to feel nauseous and dizzy from the large intake of blood, much like he had felt earlier but on a much larger scale. That combined with the exertion of energy due to the fight with Kangin, Moo Young knew he did not have long before he out.  He gather up the last bit of energy he had from the recent intake of blood and was able to fight off the members. "I cannot keep this up, I need to get away fast." Moo Young told himself.  With a last ditch effort, Moo Young made a final push and was able to get away from the members who were still standing.  He rushed to the edge of the den and jumped off.  He landed a little harder than he had expected, causing the wound in his leg to open up wider..  

He slowly recovered and began to turn when he felt a searing pain in his chest. In front of him was the young man he had first taken.  

Ryewook could hear the fight going on above him. He knew that his brothers were fighting for their lives. He had to help them. He got up and staggered a little. Siwon got up too.

"Where are you going, hyung?" Siwon asked. "I need to help them!" Ryewook replied.

"No you can't, not in this condition.  Look at you.  You will be of no help to them.  Stay put!!" Siwon shouted. 

"I can't, hyung.  Those are our brothers.  They are risking their lives to save others.  The least I can do is help.  You stay here and help Sungmin.  Get out as soon as you can."  

With that, Ryewook picked up one of the spears and walked out into the clearing.  He looked up and saw Moo Young standing on the edge of his den and jump down.  He knew something was wrong. His brothers must have been injured if this monster was able to get away.  Rage rose up in Ryewook, rage that he had never felt before. He ran toward the tree. As the beast turned around to run, Ryewook plunged the spear into the monster's chest with every bit of strength he had. He could feel the spear cut through its flesh and hit bone as it entered his body.  Ryewook hoped that it caused Moo Young as much pain as Moo Young had caused on them. 

Moo Young eyes opened wide.  "What?!?!? What is this? NO!! This can't be."  Moo Young yelled out loud.  He grabbed Ryewook by the neck and began to squeeze, picking him off the ground.  "I am going to kill you, once and for all" Moo Young declared.  Ryewook tried to fight back, but the beast's grip was like a vice. Ryewook began to feel the life slip out of him. In the back ground, Ryewook thought he heard his name being called.  "Those must be angels calling my name. This isn't so bad...dying." Ryewook told himself.  Everything went dark.

Siwon saw what was going on and rushed toward Ryewook, yelling his name.  "Let go of him!!" he screamed and hit Moo Young with a club.  Moo Young fell back and let go of Ryewook.  Siwon rushed in and pushed the spear deeper into Moo Young's chest, impaling him into the ground.

Moo Young laid on the ground, clutching the spear in his chest. This was a wound he knew he would never be able to recover from. It had pierced his heart and he knew he was dying. He was so close, so close to coming back to his former glory.  He knew he had been greedy and that had been his undoing.  "I wanted it all and I wanted it all right now."  He thought to himself as he expired.  Moo Young's body began to rapidly decay, falling apart into oozing pieces of rotting flesh and blood. The thick liquid was quickly absorbed into the ground underneath, until there was nothing of him.