Chapter VIII

Terror in the Woods

He was tall, very tall, approximately 6'8".  He was extremely thin and pale white.  He had very long black hair that went past his waist.  It looked more like a mane, all matted and dirty.  It covered his face, but you could still see the ice blue eyes through the hair.  They were cold, soul less.  The clothes it wore were thread thin.  They looked old, from a different era.  At one point they may have been very elegant, but now they looked like rags hanging from a mannequin.  What struck the members the most was the stench.  It was sickly sweet mixed with the smell of decay and rot.  That combined with the smell of the four boys' blood made a few of the members dry heave.  A couple of them threw up. 

Donghae, Eunhyuk and Heechul quickly jumped over the edge of the den with the others five closely behind.  "Surround him!" Shindong commanded.  The members moved toward Moo Young.  Moo Young quickly realized that he could not fight all off them at once despite his basic urge to defend his catch. "In my best condition this would be difficult. This is impossible in my state now." Moo Young thought to himself.  Moo Young had to decide, stand and fight for what he had or retreat and prepare a new plan. As the members got closer, Moo Young decided on the latter but before he ran off, he scooped up Ryewook under his arm and disappeared into the trees. 

Heechul and Shindong yelled "Get him!".  All of the members lunged toward the beast, but before they could get to him, it had jumped into the treeline with Ryewook tucked under his arm.