Relief

The New Girl

"Make it quick, Bomi. I don't have time to waste." Mr. Yoon whispered coldly to Bomi, not to let Chorong hear. Eunji was setting up some equipment for the instrumental track. Bomi and Eunji had invited their parents to Acube's dance studio, the one they've practiced in for months. Eunji's sister was there as well, the one who owned an entertainment company. 

Bomi glared at her father as he took his seat, she was determined to change his mind. She was not going to own his company, his company had a long record of being decietful and selfish; every decision he made benefited himself, he made those decisions even if it hurt the ones he loves. And her mother was not much better than him, she followed his every order and move. The only difference between the two was that one was follower and one was leader. 

"Eunji, why are we here?" Eunji's mom asks in a Busan accent. The Jung family seemed warm, supportive of whatever their daughter was going to tell them. While the Yoons, well Bomi was embarassed having such cold, insensitive people beside her bestfriend's happy and loving family. 

"Hey, I don't want your Father to kill you after this. Should you really be doing this?" Eunji ask, concerned. She took a glance a Bomi's father, on a phone call with some business partner. Eunji knew that Bomi's family didn't support her in what she wanted to do, and they were mean people (from what Bomi has told her), but she never knew that they were like this. I mean, her parents didn't even talk to each other, they were not disimilar to robots. 

"No I'm gonna do this. I'll never know if I don't try, he can't hurt me very much anymore. I've built a shield after so many years of them." It was true, Bomi was barely hurt by her parents anymore. It was like excercise; you excercise and rip the muscle, then it recovers even stronger than before. Bomi cycled through fights, arguments, and the fact that she recieved no love. 

"You're sure?" Yes, Eunji was being concerned for her friend but Bomi was getting irritated. "Eun, I'm freaking sure." She cracked her neck and did a quick stretch before taking a deep breath and doing an introduction. "Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Jung, Jessica." Bomi smiled at Eunji's sister and her parents, she didn't feel a need to say hi to her own. "Eunji and I, we've been having some thoughts during our year at Acube." She signaled Eunji to speak, Eunji stuttered a bit. 'I-I've realized that maybe Acube isn't for m-me." Eunji said quietly, scared of how her family would react. 

Her parents glanced at each other and her father spoke with a stressed out tone. 'Since when have you been feeling this way, Eunji?" He felt the wallet in his pocket cry, Acube was not cheap. Though Eunji's family wasn't poor, they surely didn't have money to waste. "First month of the school year." Her Dad's eyes got angry, he resisted the urge to yell at his daughter in front of others. "You should've told me earlier, it'll be difficult changing my mind after you've spent two years already at this school." 

Eunji wanted to cry hearing her father's statement, her mother stayed quiet. Eunji put up Bomi to speak so she could take in what she heard. "Father, Mother." The two looked at their daughter coldly, knowing what she was gonna say. Their mind set was on their daughter getting the education to take care of the car company, at least that's what they wanted before. "You guys forced me into this school, into this career path. Ever since I was young, you never listened to what I wanted." Her parents looked uneasy, Bomi was practically shaming them infront of others. 

"Yoon Bomi, you-" Her father started but was interupted by Chorong. "Please let her finish, sir." Chorong stuttered out, of course she did not want to disrespect Mr. Yoon but this moment was important to her girlfriend, noone was going to interupt. Mr. Yoon nodded and shut his mouth. "I never wanted to be the owner of YOUR company, I never wanted to enter Acube, I never wanted to study business, and recently I'm starting to think that I never wanted to have you as parents." Eunji parents felt sorry for Mr. and Mrs. Yoon, no parents should need to hear that from their child. 

"I want to be a dancer." Bomi simply stated and looked at her father, his guard dropped. His exterior was softer than it was when he first stepped into the dance room, her mom was the same as well. "Bomi, I-" Yet again, somebody interupted him. "We're here to show all of you our passion, of dance, singing, and performing." Bomi got into her starting position and Eunji sat down on a high stool. 

Naeun pressed play on the music and it began. A slow piece came on, dramatic and passionate all in one. Eunji voice began and so did Bomi. She danced to the music excellently, it was like a professional. She had had lessons as a child but from when she was 10 up to now she was never taught by anybody. Her parents were surprised, they never saw Bomi dance a day in their life. Bomi mother's was thinking about when she was a child, she was also a dancer but of course no one new this, not even Mr. Yoon. She was forced into business by her parents as well, and she start to realize what a hell her daughter has put up with. Though she thought this, she knew that she had to follow her husband, and so her mindset quickly went back to what it was before. 

Eunji sang like a goddess, every note she sang and belted out was beautiful. Her voice was smooth and flowed along with the beautiful composition that was the instrumental track. Everyone in the audience was tranced, including Chorong and Naeun. And after 5 minutes, their performance came to an end. Their rendition was saturated with beauty, they spent months working on one five-minute piece and it showed how much effort was put into the perfect performance. It was pure art. 

They clapped for a couple seconds before Eunji's parents spoke. "Eunji we understand what you want, and we want you to have it too. I just want you to think about it some more, is it really worth throwing away two years of education from Acube?" Eunji was certainly sure that she wanted to be a singer, but the way her father put his words made her feel pressured. She wondered if what he said had been an indirect 'no', it sounded like a reverese physcology of sorts, it sounded like in simple words: a guilt trip. 

She stared at her father for a second before looking away, it hurt her to deal with this. Most of her life has been simple, she never had to make decisions like this. Bomi started, "Father, I know what you want for me. But that is your dream that I do not want to live. Please find someone else to fulfill whatever you wanted for me, honestly I'm not going to follow you as your daughter anymore if you decide to control me like I'm not a human being. By this time, Chorong was beside Bomi for support, she nudged Bomi when she heard her last statement. "How could you say that to your parents?" She whispered to Bomi and Bomi shrugged. 

"I don't mean to interupt, but I would like to make an offer." Eunji's sister, Jessica stated out of the blue. The parents of the two girls turned to her and urged her to proceed with she statement. 'I own an entertainment company." Jessica turned to Mr. and Mrs. Yoon and informed them. "I can take Eunji and Bomi into my company and debut them as a duo. You guys all saw how amazingly they performed today, I think they can make it big." Jessica smiled brightly at the two sets of parents. 

"But what if this does not succeed? I don't want Eunji to miss out on her education." Mr. Jung questioned his oldest daughter's idea. "That is why they will continue at Acube. They will do training and study at the same time, they will then debut. If they are successful after a while, then that is their career. If they fail, they will continue at Acube, go on and become business women." 

All the parents agreed with Jessica's idea, and came to an agreement. "I allow you to do this but I also have an announcement, I tried to say it before but I kept getting interupted." He smiled and continued. "Chorong, I've been talking with your father. I know you want to own a company when you get older, and we reached a practical agreement. My company will go to you, Park Chorong, when you are ready to take on this roll. If Bomi fails in the entertainment industry, you guys will own the company together. If she goes on as a dancer, you have the entire company to yourself." 

Chorong eyes widened, she always wanted to be a successful president of a successful company, she had no idea it was just going to come to her this easily. "And by the way, we know that you guys are dating." Bomi's mother laughed out, Bomi and her girlfriend blushed heavily. "How?" Chorong asked.

"Well actually we weren't 100% sure but you two just confirmed it with your red faces. We just suspected it, the way you guys looked at eachother at that night at dinner; we knew you guys knew eachother much before the dinner, it was much to obvious. If you guys want, we can arrange for you too to get married." Bomi and Chorong looked at each other, their eyes wide. They were both thinking the same thing. 'It's much too early to think about marriage, Appa." Mr. Yoon stopped laughing at looked at Bomi, surprised.

Bomi noticed the change in mood and got nervous. "W-what is it, Appa?" Her dad slowly returned to his smile, "N-nothing. It's just, t-that's the first time you called me A-Appa in a long time." He held in his tears, Bomi rejoiced, seeing her Dad so soft, it was the first time that she's known of where she seen her Dad smile because of something other than taking advantage of people. 

"Hey while we are kind of on the topic of dating, Me and-" Eunji got cut off by her Mom. "-and Naeun are dating, we know already." They all smiled at the dumbfounded Eunji, she asked how. "We saw you pouting and begging for her to forgive you earlier with your aegyo, who else would you do that for other than your beloved girlfriend?" 

The nine people went out to get dinner together, it was all settled. Everything was fine, all knots had been untangled, all wrinkles had smoothened; all of the mountains were climbed. Everyone met their relief, Eunji and Bomi didn't have to leave Naeun and Chorong but still got to persue their dreams. 

Weeks passed and all of them passed their exams, their year had concluded with success. "Told you I could pass without studying." Bomi waved her exam results in front of her girlfriend's face, Chorong grabbed the paper and threw it to the ground, stomping on it once. "Doesn't mean you still shouldn't study! You see, these habits have to cha-" Bomi quickly kissed Chorong's lips, not wanting to hear the lecture that was going to come. 

"GET A ROOM!" 2eun teased them from down the hall.

 

TBC

Yes, ^that says TBC-- To Be Continued. There is an epilogue following this chapter, yup only one more chapter left. This is the longest fanfic I've written and I feel a sense of accomplishment. I had a fanfic that I put up for two years and it has 5 chapters, because I didn't lay my thoughts out. After I left that fanfic unfinished, I learned how to plan my writing better and now we have this fanfic. 

Of course it wasn't great work, but I'm proud. I've improved and I'll continue to improve. Please support me with my other fanfics. 

I have a Red Velvet fanfic that is all new, the first chapter is not out yet but will be some time soon. The main couple is Wenseul (Wendy X Seulgi) and the title of the story is Secret To Happiness. You can view it here ^-^

And if you haven't already checked out my other Chomi fanfic, Aiding Your Wounds, you can view it here :]