Don't Give Me False Hope

The New Girl

Eunji's POV

Bomi and I practiced after lunch and we sent Naeun and Chorong to hang out.

Chorong texted Bomi saying that they went shopping or something so Bomi and I decide to practice our dance since we skipped Friday.

She has maybe about one third of the choragraphy figured out. It's taking Bomi a while since she wants to convey all her emotions into this one performance. 

I love watching her work on this though. She's such a hardworker, and somehow her gorilla/clown/stupid side goes away for a moment. 

And as much as she is an immature silly girl she's also a determined fearless woman. 

"So what'd'ya think about Naeun.. She kind of did say that she was biual." Bomi reminds me of today at lunch. 

I stay quiet for a second, "Yup.." I don't really know how to respond to her. "You're chance is just as good as that guy who you didn't ask her about yet."

"Don't remind me of that guy." I say and frown. "I hate him." Bomi smiles at me like I'm stupid, "I suggest you ask Naeun who this mystery man is before you go on and start hating people." 

And as much as I hate it she's right. I feel my phone vibrate against me leg in my pocket and I take it out.

I see the alert and it's a text from Naeun. I quickly enter my passcode, Naeunnie, to read the text quickly. 

"What is it?" Bomi asks curiously. "Naeun...." I say absentmindedly, beginning to read the text. 

 

Eunji baby. You seemed distant since morning and not like yourself. I don't like that side of you, hiding your problems just so others don't have to deal with them. You may think that people don't want to hear about your issues and that maybe true for some people, but not me. I want to help you so don't be afraid to tell me when you feel lonely. And baby, about that guy that your so incedibly jealous about.

...

He was my brother. LOL.

 

And that was the end of the text. I smile at her sweetness and sincerity but at the same time I feel more pathetic than everything in this world that has ever been pathetic added together times 10^213.

Bomi asks again unpatiently, "What is it?!" 

I kind of laugh at myself and answer her, "It was her brother."

"Naeun?" I nod slowly and then Bomi just breaks out laughing. 

"YOU'RE SUCH A LOSER JUNG! GETTING JEALOUS OF HER BROTHER!" Her laughing just keeps getting louder and it fills up the dance studio. 

"Shut up, would you! Don't tell me you wouldn't be jealous if this happened to you." I glare at her and hit her on her head. 

She breathes heavily, "Fine, fine. I admit I would be too. But this didn't happen to me, it happened to you so.." She starts laughing loudly again and I roll my eyes. 

I then have a sudden realization, "Wait how did she even know I was jealous?" Bomi starts moving her eyes around like she was guilty of something and I know what she did immediately. 

"Sorry! Sorry! You weren't doing anything so I felt the need to. You're thanking me on the inside, Eunji." She throws her hands up innocently. 

"Fine..." I say and let it go. "Plus she was totally like pissed off that you were hiding something from her. I just don't want you guys to fight." 

Yoon Bomi sometimes surprised you with her niceness, "Thanks." She hums in response and then grabs my phone. "Lemme see this text."

She scans the screen and her face is surprised, "She calls you Baby?" I nod, "That's me!" 

"This is kind of cute.. Maybe she's into you." I shake my head but smile, "Don't give me false hope Yoon Bomi." 

She shrugs and hands my phone back to me. 

 

Chorong's POV

So after we eat Bomi and Eunji say that they should practice for their dance that they explain to me. They said that Bomi wanted to show her parents that she doesn't want to be a business-owning, no life, money and Eunji wanted to be a singer but she just did what she thought would make her parents happy so she is singing for her dance.

It all seems complicated but nevertheless I give them a 'Himnae, fighting!'

They leave me and Naeun so we decide to go shopping. Before she was a bit intimidating but she's kind of dropped her guard a little.

We got to know eachother a lot more and now we're sitting on a park bench and she's telling me about Eunji. 

"So the other day my brother came and gave me a visit." I nod, "Where is he visiting from?" 

"He's enlisted in the Korean army and he has been deployed in Afganistan for almost two years. And he finally came back home and came to surprise me at the dorm."

"Oh.. That's amazing, I'm happy for you." I smile and she does too.

"I don't really like talking about me brother much because it just reminds me of all the months that I'm not spending with him." She smiles sadly.

"Sorry.." I shakes her head, "It's totally fine. But anyway, I skipped a day of school to spend with him and I would never skip school, he's one of the only exceptions."

I nod, "And I never really told Eunji and Bomi because I didn't really talk about him so I just didn't think it was that big of a deal. I was only gone for one day so.." 

"And then?" I ask and she continues, "Well according to Bomi, Eunji has been pretty worried about me and she spent that whole day stressing. She saw me leave in the morning with some guy and I didn't pick up my phone when she called because I didn't want to interupt my time with my bro."

I tsk her, "Naeun you should've told her instead of letting her suffer."

She shrugs, "It's not like I knew she would be that upset! If I knew I would never let it happen." She says and I hear the sincerity in her voice. 

"You should call her and talk to her." I suggest. 

"I think she's kind of frustrated at me right now so I rather send her a text.." I agree with her suggestion and Naeun sends a sweet sincere message to Eunji and she also tells her that the guy was her brother.

About a minute later we get a reply. 

 

Sorry for not telling you what was going on with my feelings. You're right that I don't want to bother people. Thank you for being understanding, Naeunnie. And yeah, your brother.

I'm guessing you can probably tell how pathetic I feel right now Son Naeun. Next time tell me before heading out with someone I don't approve of first. 

 

Naeun smiles at the reply. "See. Communication is key." She hugs me, "Thanks Chorong Unnie." 

She starts typing out another text to Eunji. 

 

So now I need your approval? Glad to know you care. <3

 

And seconds later she gets another reply. 

 

Always. <3

 

"KYAAAAA!!! OH MY GOD! SHE SENT ME A HEART. AND ALWAYS? ALWAYS? CHORONG, SHE'S TRYING TO SAY OUR RELATIONSHIP IS GOING TO BE FOREVER AND ALWAYS!" Naeun spazzes at the one word Eunji texts her and then she realized what she has just said to me. 

"I guess I made it pretty obvious that I like her." She says quietly, unlike before. "And by the way, I just admitted my feelings to myself too. I like Jung Eunji and I'm not going to deny myself of it anymore." 

"I'm proud of you young grasshopper." I say to her and we laugh. "Don't tell anybody, promise?" I nod and give her my pinky.

We sit there for longer and she talks more about Eunji, man this girl is kind of really lovestruck.

She thinks that Eunji is one of the kindest, most caring people she has ever met. And she says that ever since they met about two months ago, Eunji was like a knight in shining armour since day one. 

She doesn't know if Eunji is just like this to her or to everyone. And from what she's observed Eunji is kind to everyone but especially to her.

"She just makes me feel special and happy and warm and..." She trails off with a gentle smile spanned from ear to ear. 

"And what?" I ask after a while of waiting for Naeun to finish her own sentence. 

She sighs, "And loved." She giggles and looks up into the sky. 

"Maybe you're her favourite, and she does love you?" To me it seems that way. 

She shakes her head and shys a blush, "No.." 

"There's no use in denying yourself the pleasure of acknowledging true things." I say to her and she stays quiet still smiling. 

"So if it's so that she admires you... What are you going to do about it?" I ask her and her blush grows even stronger and she looks away from me and screams out of embarassment. 

"Don't give me false hope, Park Chorong." 

 

TBC

Yeah I just did that, it was her brother. Chorong and Naeun are friends, woohoo! And Naeun stops denying herself of the truth! I feel like a proud parent after writing this, haha. The title makes it sound like a dramatic sad chapter but no, this is uplifting, right?

Everyone having a nice Easter? I don't really celebrate it but I hope those who do are doing ay-okay. 

Thanks for telling me about your photocards :)

Byeeee~ ^-^