Confession

The New Girl

Naeun POV

"These are for you." Eunji holds a bouquet of ten or fifteen roses in front of me. She's breaking my heart right now. I still can't bring myself to forget what happened last night but I know that she knows why I was upset. It shows in her face that she's apologetic. 

I take the flowers. "It doesn't make up for it..." I mumble and she frowns. "Let's talk. I want to talk to you." She takes hold of my arms gently and leads me toward the table, gesturing for me to sit. 

And I do, I sit down and she sits down beside me blocking my way to make sure I won't leave.

She looks at me and I look at her, I keep waiting for her to say something and she's probably waiting for me too. It ends up an awkward staring contest to which we both simutaniously break into laughter about. 

"You're beautiful when you smile." She says and cups my face with her hand. I smile shyly to her comment. "I won't make you sad from this day on, I want to see you smile." 

Still mad, but she's melting my heart. I keep quiet and resume to looking pouty and upset, which is unintentional of course. "Talk to me." She says frustrated at my silence. 

I don't know what she wants me to say though. She's supposed to be apologizing right now but she wants me to say something. "Talk to me, please?" She repeats and purses her lips. 

She sighs before she starts. "Naeunnie, do you like me?" My eyes goes wide and my mind blank. I feel my face fill up with blood and goosebumps form all over my body. 

Do I tell the truth? Or do I deny it? I have pride and ego but I'll have to create a whole other confession if I want her after saying no now.

All these thoughts before I just decide to not answer and look away. "That was a stupid question." She murmers and I feel super bad for not answering because it seems like I just deflated her. But you can't blame me, it was just too personal a thing to admit. 

After a while of her itching her nape and coughing awkwardly she decides to turn me around. "Look at me, Naeunnie." 

She clears and sighs heavily and then starts. "Whatever I do and say right now. Don't let it affect us negatively. Because if I lose you over this, I will never forgive myself. No matter what, we will always be bestfriends. You hear me?" I nod at her slowly wondering what could be so intense, it could potentially ruin our relationship.

"You ever have that one thing that you always think about. The one that nips at your skin and brain, trying to get every last ounce of your attention. It distorts your focus and you can never concentrate on anything because it's a constant virus that rejects anything that tries to make it's way into your system. Now the longer you put it off to the side, the more it comes back, it becomes stronger and stronger until you finally explode." She pauses and looks at me.

"For me, that's you. Now don't get me wrong, it's not the worst thing in the world. In fact it's great in my case. Having the most beautiful girl in the world subconciously be grazing your mind every millisecond. It really is great." At this point I start to cry and she does too, she's whispering to me not to cry but I can't help it. She's taking my heart and hugging it so tight right now, it hurts. Thank god there's only a couple girls on the opposite end of the cafe. 

"When I first saw you, I thought you looked so cold and icy and.. I don't know. Rude and closed. And for the first couple weeks, you proved my theory right. 'This girl with a stone-cold image has a stone-cold heart.' I thought. And then it started happening and I just thought I was crazy. Then you started warming up to me and I realized that all you needed was time and some care, respect. And so it continued happening and I stopped thinking I was crazy because you actually were the greatest girl I've ever met." We were holding hands now and she was constantly wiping my tears for me.

"I know, I'm taking forever to say it. But what I'm trying to say is that, I love you. I have since a while ago and I always will. You have drove me out of my mind. You smile and I just can't help but admire it. I stare at you from afar and find myself unintentionally smiling at your beauty. It sounds stalkerish bu-"

I interupt her, and no I don't cut her off with a kiss. "I think it's the cutest thing I've ever heard." She chuckles shyly and smiles at the fact that I've finally talked to her after a while. 

"Well. I love you and I think you're cute and perfect. I would honestly be the worst girlfriend in the world because I would be lazy all the time. I at everything and I can't take care of you well. I'm ugly and I can't think of any reason why I ever would deserve someone as great as you. However, I'm willing to put in all my effort to please you. So would you please, please, please, give me the oppotunity to be your girlfriend?" She looks at me nervously and I smile at her. 

"Please me, but don't change yourself. I love you just the way you are." Her eyes go into cresents and I grab her shirt and drag her quickly toward me. 

I smile into the kiss and she does too. She grabs my waist, bring me closer to her and she seems much more experienced in this than I am. I break apart from the kiss, afraid people would be watching and she tries to go back into it but I push her firm into her chair. 

She laughs, "You're way better than any of those stupid girls I kissed yesterday. I'm sorry for it, by the way. I had alcohol in my system and if you let me, I would've spent the whole night kissing your lips instead." She says the last part in one of the sensual voices I've ever heard. 

"Shut up stupid." I hug her hiding my blush behind her back.

"TOLD YOU SHE WOULD KISS YOU!" I hear a voice from the door of the cafe. We turn and see a wide-mouthed Bomi getting ushered away by Chorong. 

"They really seems like Tom and Jerry, eh?" I say to Eunji and she agrees. We get out of the cafe hand in hand. This is how I want everyday to be like from now on, holding my girlfriend's hand, walking down the street or to class. It really doesn't matter where, we could be sitting stationary and I would want to be holding her hand. My point is that I want to be as close to her as I can be, always in close proximity to her. Because I love her. 

She suddenly smirks mischeifly at me. "Hey let's continue what we had going at the dorm." She whispers into me ear. Tsk, tsk. "Only if you beat me there!" I shout and race off toward the dorm. 

"HEY NO FAIR YOU GOT A HEAD START CHEATER!" I laugh out loud but continue running. 

This was the best day of my life. 

 

TBC

I was lying about the 'drama' in my last author note btw. Haha.

And there goes Eunji again, at games and accusing Naeun of cheating. (FORESHADOWING?)

SO WHO'S HAPPY 2EUN IS FINALLY A COUPLE? I know I am <3 They are so cute, kyaaa~

I am done my exams :D I guess I kind of did well, (code for I think I failed). Either way I'm getting over 85 in the course so I'm fine. :)

I'll update more this week since I'm in my summer vacation now and I haven't updated much these past weeks ^^

Thanks for reading, bye~