At Last...

The New Girl

Third Person's POV

"Appa!" Chorong yelled as she tackled her father, it was her first time seeing him since November, when she entered Acube. "My daughter, hows school?" Chorong smiled into his chest, finally smelling his scent after forever. "It's great, it's great Appa." She answered, sighing. 

He was dressed in a nice suit and told Chorong to get a dress on. "Remember to thank Mr. Yoon." He grinned at her and she nodded. He's been working super hard to keep Chorong in school and she really appreciated it. Mr. Yoon had connections to Acube. He was paying for Chorong's tuition and also giving her father a decent paycheck for working at his company. 

"Is this okay?" Chorong goes back to the living room in a purple dress. "It's great." Her dad says and tightens his tie, "Let's go." Chorong didn't know where they were going, she didn't bother to ask. We were on the highway, heading downtown. 

"So I've been meaning to say..." He paused, turning out of the highway. "Yeah, Mr. Yoon has a daughter, she also goes to Acube." Chorong wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying and she just nodded merely. Then she realized what her father just said and sat up, turning the radio down. "Do you perhaps.. Know her name?" She asked thinking of her adorable roomate who she was still mad at. 

Her father shook his head. "Ugh.. No, I don't believe Mr. Yoon has ever told me." He focused back on the road and, soon they got to the restaurant, that looked super expensive. They walked toward a table with a man sitting, checking his phone. As soon as the man noticed the two walking toward him, he smiled and pulled out a chair for Chorong.

"Thank you, uncle." Chorong thanked him awkwardly, taking the seat he pulled out for her. "My daughter just started driving back about an hour ago excuse me if she's late." Mr. Yoon said not long before he saw his daughter. "Actually there she is." He pulled out a seat for her and Chorong turned around to see...

Yoon Bomi. She suspected it but it was still surprising, her eyes widened. So it was Bomi's father paying for her schooling, and she had no idea the whole time. Bomi looked Chorong, confused, then at her father. "This is my daughter Bomi. Be nice." Mr. Yoon whispered the last part hastily into Bomi's ear, she rolled her eyes slightly and took the seat next to her father. 

It took a while for things to sink in and stop feeling so out of place. Bomi wasn't thrilled about the situation, she disliked her father and didn't want him to have anything to do with her almost-girlfriend. The two of them sat quietly though, not wanting to say anything on their own cue. Chorong remembered she was still very, very angry at Bomi through the dumbfoundedness and chose to avoid eye contact, which was hard considering how much she loved the girl across from her. 

"Chorong, this is the man that has basically paved your future for you." Mr. Park put a hand on Mr. Yoon's shoulder in thanks and Mr. Yoon just laughed it off. "It's really nothing. You're father and I have been friends since elementary school and I would do anything to help him." He chuckled out. Bomi rolled her eyes, deciding on her own account that her father was being fake. But her assumption was out of grief, she didn't think about what he had to gain or lose from this, he was being sincere to Mr. Park and Chorong. 

"Thank you, uncle." Chorong forced a smile out to the man diagonal from her and bowed her head. It's not that she wasn't grateful but she just didn't feel that comfortable with the girl that she loves but rejected just hours prior to the dinner. Bomi actually hasn't talked to her father since she entered Acube. He forced her into that school, and she still didn't want to be there. Over the indifferences with her father, she didn't even realize a part of her was actually thankful. Because if it wasn't for him she wouldn't have met Eunji, Naeun and especially Chorong. 

For the first time that night, Chorong willingly looked up to meet her eyes at Bomi. She slowly raised her head and found herself surprised meeting Bomi's eyes immediately, Bomi was staring at her the whole time. Bomi was sporting a slight smile, seeing Chorong's eyes, she missed those brown orbs. She couldn't help but notice dark, puffy bags underneath them though.

Her stupidity didn't allow her to realize that those were the eyes of someone who's been crying, Chorong cried on the whole train ride back home. She wanted Bomi to prove herself so badly, and was so afraid that Bomi wouldn't and that she wasn't worth it for Bomi. She didn't dare show Bomi her weak side though, being vulnerable in other people's eyes wasn't something she wanted.

The two girls were quiet on their opposite sides of the table while their fathers talked it up about 'old times'. They had ocassional eye contact which made Bomi feel hopeful but Chorong felt pain looking at the ombre-haired girl. "Hey, I'm going to the bathroom. Want to come with me Chorong?" Bomi asked nicely and Chorong was going to reject the offer but her father pushed her up. The two men wanted their daughters to be 'friends'.

Bomi reached out and grabbed Chorong's hand, leading her to the bathroom. As soon as they were out of their fathers' pan of view, Chorong whipped her arm out of Bomi's gripped. Bomi let out a sigh when her thought of Chorong still being mad was 100% confirmed. She tried to reach out for the girl's hand again but got pushed away. "Don't touch me, Yoon Bomi!" Chorong screamed loudly. Luckily they were in an empty bathroom.

Bomi blinked blankly and felt some tears well up in her eyes. She hated when people she cared about yelled at her, it was the first time she had heard Chorong sound so angry. "Chorong, stop running away from me." Chorong ran into a stall and tried her lock it, but Bomi used all the strength in her body to pry open the door. She pulled an unwilling Chorong out and pinned her against the sink counter. The brunette pushed at shoved put couldn't get lose enough to esacpe so she stopped fighting. 

She didn't dare look at Bomi, who was trying hard to meet their eyes. "What happened Chorong? I thought we had something, did those kisses really mean nothing to you?" Bomi said despairingly, it was a new side of Bomi that Chorong had never seen. It was powerless, helpless, and it was weak. She knew that she did this to Bomi. 

It took her a while but she spoke to the poor girl who was still waiting for an answer. "Bomi, I didn't say I wasn't going to accept you because I don't like you. I said I wasn't going to accept you because you didn't even like me before Eunji and Naeun told you to." Chorong was forcing the quiver in her voice to shut it self up, she did not want to be powerless. On the other hand, Bomi was letting it all go; all pride, egos, and dignity didn't matter anymore. Her eye was set on the prize, set on Chorong. 

"It wasn't that I didn't like you, it was that I was too stupid to realize it. You know me, Rong. I'm stupid and naive and immature and you can't expect much from me. But you know that I am willing to give everything I have to show you how much you mean to me. It's not often I willingly open myself to somebody, I know it's the same for you as well." Bomi said gently, she wasn't holding onto Chorong tightly anymore, but Chorong voluntarily stayed in the younger's arms. 

Chorong could feel the honestly and integrity Bomi had in her voice. And then it was obvious how much Chorong loved Bomi because that did it. Just words that poured from Bomi's mouth did it, Chorong was no longer angry at the girl. She s her arms around Bomi's neck and kissed her lightly on her lips, just a light peck. "Those kisses meant everything but nothing to me, Bbom." She caressed Bomi's face and grinned at how bright Bomi's smile was. 

"Don't get too happy, it's suspicious. How are we supposed to tell our parents?" Chorong fixed Bomi's messy hair and chuckled, Bomi always needed someone to take care of her otherwise she was messy and confused all the time. "I don't mind telling my father, that doesn't give a about me anyways." Chorong flicked Bomi on the head. "Don't talk about your father that way. He's so incredibly nice to my family, I owe my future to him." Bomi rolled her eyes, she didn't care how 'nice' her father was, she wasn't going to side with him, he's given her too much greif. 

"My father doesn't even know I don't like boys." Chorong burried her head in her palms, she couldn't even imagine what his reaction would be. "Look, he doesn't have to know about you, about us, right away. Give it time and patience, it'll be fine." Bomi kissed Chorong on the forehead again and they made their way back, not even realizing they were holding hands. 

"What happened in those five minutes?" Mr. Park chuckled out and the two looked at him, shocked. "W-what do you m-mean?" Chorong stuttered out and he shrugged a bit. "Oh, it's just that when you went in you guys seemed awkward and it seems like you're bestfriends now." The two men smiled at each other, feeling satisfied that their daughters were friends. 

After dinner, they had to make their way back to the academy. "Have a safe drive guys." Their fathers sent them off, they drove back in Bomi's car. 

"Hey, how come I've never been in your expensive- car before? I thought you said I was special." Chorong teased Bomi who was trying to focus on driving and avoid causing an accident. Chorong was tracing shapes all over Bomi's face. "You are very special, that's why I wanted to walk everywhere with you and take up time so I could learn more about you." Chorong crinkled her nose at Bomi's cheesiness. "Eww." She giggled as Bomi rolled her eyes playfully. 

"S-so.. We're dating now right?" Bomi asked as her face glowed red, it could be seen even in the very little light the midnight sky provided. Chorong tried not to laugh at Bomi being so embarassed about the question. "You never formally asked me so I guess not." Chorong shrugged and Bomi pouted, but she knew Chorong was just kidding though she decided to ask Chorong anyways just for some closure. 

"Park Chorong, would you pretty please with a cherry on top, be my lover for ever and ever and ever?" Chorong laughed at Bomi's exagerated form of popping the question. Chorong hummed for a while, pretending like was working hard to formualte an answer only to playfully answer:

"Naaah..."

 

TBC

Yay, Chomi is a thing now :D Kekekeke. I think this will maybe be one of the last chapters of this fic. As I said I was writing a new Chomi fic in private and now I finally uploaded it. It's has a more mature setting and so it is rated M. Please go check it out, here. :)

Stay tune for the next chapter :3 Bye~

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/785339/