Chapter 6

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany had been in the emergency room for over 30 minutes. Daesung already had called Seunghyun’s parents because he didn’t know Tiffany’s parents.

The doors to the emergency room finally opened. Mrs. Choi quickly ran over to the doctor.

“Is she alright?” Mrs. Choi asked.

“You’re Tiffany Hwang’s parents?” the doctor asked.

“She’s our daughter-in-law.” Mr. Choi replied to him.

“She is just a little overworked and low on blood sugar. She’ll just need a nights rest.” The doctor told them.

“Will one of you guys come and fill up some paperwork?” The nurse asked.

“I’ll do it.” Daesung walked over with the nurse to the station area.

“Look at that son of yours, his fiancé is in the hospital and is nowhere to be seen.” Mr. Choi yelled with rage.

“I’m sure he is just busy somewhere. Let’s just take a look a Tiffany first and then call Mr. and Mrs Hwang.” Mrs. Choi suggested.

“And call that spoiled son of yours too.” Mr. Choi pointed to the phone, telling her to make sure she calls him.

They walked to the room that the nursed had placed Tiffany in. She’s was lying on the bed peacefully but still had tears slowly sliding one by one down her cheek.

“Where are you?” Mr. Choi yelled through the phone.

“I’m at home sleeping…” Seunghyun’s sleepy voice proved that he was sleeping.

“You’re at home sleeping when your fiancé is in the hospital?” Mr. Choi yelled again.

“Shhh… She’s resting.” The nurse hushed as she walked by the door.

“You may think that just getting married will cut it, but I’m telling you now that if you keep up this attitude of your all of the money will go to Tiffany and not you.” Mr. Choi finally hung up.

Daesung who had already finished with the papers was standing at the door. He had overheard Mr. Choi yelling at Seunghyun.

Daesung took out his phone and sent a quick text to Seunghyun.

Hurry, St. Mary Hospital Room 605.

After sending him the text, Daesung calmly walked into the room acting as if he didn’t know anything.

“How is she doing?” Daesung asked.

“She has just been sleeping.” Mrs. Choi told him.

“I’m sorry, I should have taken better care of her. You guys wouldn’t have to come all the way here this late.” Daesung apologized.

“It’s not your fault you’re not her fiancé. Why is your problem to take care of her? The one that should apologize is Seunghyun.” Mr. Choi said.

“What happened? Why is she with you?” Mrs. Choi asked.

“She came over, and ummm… she was sad about something and I guess she just wanted a drink. It’s a good thing I remembered that she is Seunghyun’s fiancée. She didn’t drink that much so it’s alright.” Daesung lied.

“Oh that Seunghyun, when he gets here I’m so going to…” Before Mrs. Choi could finished her sentence Seunghyun walked in the room.

“What happened?” Seunghyun pretended to be concerned and asked Daesung.

“It seems like she didn’t eat anything all day and overworked herself.”  Daesung told him.

“You little… Look at your fiancé she is lying here on the hospital bed, and you were at home sleeping. You keep this up then for sure the company and money will not be in your hands.” His father warned him.

“Mr. and Mrs. Choi now that Seunghyun is here, why don’t you guys go home? I’ll make sure that he’s here and takes good care of Tiffany.” Daesung suggested.

After another while Mr. and Mrs. Choi left. Daesung dragged Seunghyun out of the room.

“What do you want?” Seunghyun asked.

“I want you to look at that person on the bed right now, and look at these pieces you had ripped up.” Daesung handed the pieces to him. “I want you to put these pieces back together thinking of the little things that she has done for you, and how she ended here on the hospital bed.”

Seunghyun slowly took one piece at a time, putting it together. He saw Tiffany’s wide innocent smile, next to him. Thinking back to when he had first met this little kid.

As Daesung left, he slowly walked back into the room staring at the sleeping Tiffany. He noticed tears had started to slide down the side of her face. Slowly leaning down he took a tissue on the night table next to her wiping off her tears.

“Don’t leave me… Don’t leave me…” Tiffany cried out. “Please, don’t leave me…”

As soon as she woke up she held onto Seunghyun’s wrist as tight as she could, with tears quickly streaming down her face.

“Are you alright?” Seunghyun asked coldly.

“Please don’t leave me.” Tiffany cried harder and held on tighter as well.

“Relax, I won’t go anywhere.” Seunghyun tried to calm her down.

“Really?” Tiffany looked up to meet his eyes.

“Yes.” Seunghyun bent down to meet with her eyes, to help her wipe her tears off. “Do you want anything to eat?”

She shook her head indicating a no. She t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter