Meeting New Friends

Just Not You

It was mid week and the office has been buzzing like crazy. Yan Suk delivers to me an invitation and a bouquet of flowers.

This came in just now for you.”

“Thank you, Yan Suk.” I see Yan Suk waiting for me to tell him some information or rather give him instructions to what to do next.

As soon as I open the invitation, I smile. “ah! Mark Carlo!”

I take a minute to read the invitation and then look up at Yan Suk.

Can you please call Siwon please and join us?”

Yan Suk does as he is said. Siwon walks into my office, with so much manliness. Distracting myself from his gorgeousness, I explain to the two men in front of me.

“I just received an invitation to the fashion show by Mark Carlo. He is a Pilipino designer and he is considered as the next big thing in the fashion industry.”

“ oh yes, we were infact considering him for our designs. But he was very busy, so we could not get him in.”

“indeed he is. But I have here a personal invitation from him.” I wave at the invitation and the point at the bouquet of flowers at Siwon.

I have known Mark since my first job and we have become such good friends. He is having his mid season fashion show here in Seoul and has invited me. Would you like to join me?” I ask both of them.

“ Sure seems good. Besides I will try to get him on board with our current the designers.”

Awesome. Yan Suk, mention this to Min Jin as well so she can prepare herself. I will want you both to be aware of the guests invited- just an idea and also make sure of the designs mark will be presenting.” Yan Suk gives me a thumbs up and leaves me and Siwon alone.

“so Mark huh?”

“yes…” I drag as I look at his expression

“ He is quiet the guy.”

“He indeed is, but to me he will still be that rookie designer who worked day and night.”

 

 

The exhibition center where the fashion show is being held is crowded with lights flashing all over. The media is running from left to right. I can see the flashes of Nikons and Canons. I walk into the arena in my Jimmy Choos and the media, well does not seem to bother about me, except for a couple of journalists.

I walk in and I find Siwon, having his pre event Champaign.

Hi” I said.

“Hi!” he greets me back. He wore a blackish blue swaed suite with a half white shirt. Damn he looks too good.

When did you come?”

“ You look……look just wow!” he said with astonishment

I blush and say thank you.

So when did you come?”

“Well just a few minutes back.”

“ So where is this friend of yours?”

“ Not sure..” I start scanning the room and from behind me I hear a loud call of my name,

Darling Dara!”

I recognize the voice immediately, turn around and with a bring smile, “ Darling!” I shout out and spring my hands out for a hug.

It was Mark who walked to wards me and came into my arms for a hug. Mark is a total fashionista and gay. As far as I know there could no one who would know the technicalities of fashion and love it for everything it is. Despite this he is a good friend, a great friend.

Hello love! How have you been” he asks me and gives me a tight hug.

I’m doing well, doll. Look at you. you are amazing, just the Diva I know.”

“Of course and look at you. Check out those shoes!” he gets excited scanning me form top to bottom.

I want to introduce you to some one, this is Choi Siwon, he is…”

“Siwon! Omg! It is you. I’ve read all about you and everything they said is so true!”

Siwon blushes and shoots his hand out for a shake. Surprising him, Mark goes for a hug.

I hope all that you read about me is good.”

Oh honey, you are just the way they have written and have told me. Sorry I could not work with you before.” Mark could not get his eyes of the gorgeous figure in front of him.

So I’m guessing its all good then. “ Siwon laughs.

So how come you both are here together?” Mark asks distracting himself from Siwon.

Well, I am now working for the Choi International group, which you obviously know and Siwon heads the new fashion business Neon Lights. I work as their fashion consultant.”

Immediately Mark turns to Siwon and tells him with pride, “ you mister, have got your self the best in the business.”

“I know.” Siwon says with a smirk, which I have seen only when we were alone.

I sense something in between you two.” He said surprising us. But distracting the awkwardness, mark was called out for the start of the show.

Ok darlings, go to your seats, I will see you both in the after party.”

We go take our front row seats and right behind us, Yan Suk and Min Jin sit. He show starts with a lot of glitz and glamour. The lined up models walk the runway in Mark’s designs and they are stunning. I take note of a few designs and make occasional comments to Swion about them. Siwon is equally engrossed in the show and share with me a few ideas.

 

We head out to the Intercontinental Hotel, where the after party is being held. The entire hotel has been shut for the public. The party is more glamorous and the entire fashion scene of Seoul has gathered there. Siwon and me walk into the party together and we can see heads turn around and I knew its because I have an amazing eye candy. We get our drinks and mingle with the designers, photographers, editors , all the who-is-who of fashion.

Siwon!” I hear from afar and see Mark brush through the crowd and walk towards me.

Hi again gorgeous!” Mark comments again making me blush. I look for Dara, but she is busy in a conversation with the editors of Vogue and GQ Korea.

“ So Dara huh? You both…..” he tilts his head in a  questioning way.

“Well…..”

“Oh spill it honey!”

“ Yup, me and Dara are you know….”

“Ah! That’s so great!” Mark hugs me in full excitement

So how long have you two been together?”

“ Well for a while now actually. But damn that girl is tough to get through!”

“True…she is a tough nut to crack, yet with a soft inside.”

“True..” I say quickly remembering our night and day together.

So you both have ??.........have?? made love? Or is she being very ‘Dara’?” he asks me so blatantly

I laugh and well accept to it with a nod.

Wonderful! I thought she would die a . That girl is so much into her career, that she forgets that there is another world out there.”

“That is actually true. After I asked her out and she saying yes to it, I was not able to be for her and she covered herself with ‘professionalism’. But then, she changed. Guess it’s time.”

“Indeed time. Let me tell you a secret. Both me and Dara, started our careers almost at the same time and during that time, she was put down a lot by her seniors, being a woman, she had a lot of ideas and they were so fresh. But they were just not accepted and it annoyed her. she then put her foot down, pulled her sleeves and she made her choices. She stamped on a few nut heads, encouraged new energy and today, she is talking to the same few people who said she was not worth it.” He said looking at Dara across the room.

He continued, “She literally worked her off and never bothered about anything else. Once she even worked for two days straight, with no water or food. Well then I had to admit her in the hospital. But yeah that’s what it is. People around her had some sort of social life, but it did not seem to bother her. However, she lived in her own little bubble of fashion, romance novel and animation movies.”

Animation movies? I question

“Yes!, she loves them!”

“ oh and she loves to swim! I sometimes tell her she should have been a fish. She loves the ocean that much.” Mark continues.

We take a couple more sips from our drinks.

Ok so an idea, I don’t know when you guys will be free, but I have my private estate in Boracay Island. An 4-acre estate with a water bungalow and all. Its well equipped and i have appointed helpers to take care of the place. So when you have the time, I suggest you take your girl to the Island and have a break together. Anytime, the estate will be yours. All private and you guys can ‘have fun’.” He says with a smirk.

Thank you Mark, in fact I have been thinking about a trip for a while, but this is a fantastic offer. Thank you.” I say and I further continue, “ but we do have a problem.”

“Dara?” he asks

“ Yes my friend!”

“ Well, seduce her!”

“seduce her?”

“ oh she will fall for it. I noticed how she looks at you. she wants to eat you up! And so do I.” Mark giggles.

OK mark, that’s a lot of Champaign for you.

“What are you boys up to?” Dara joins us.

Nothing much. Siwon was just appreciating my wittiness.”

“Yes…..indeed.”

“Mark, you show was really amazing. The designs were awesome and very intrinsic. Loved it! I’ll give you a calla and lets talk some business. Okay?”

Thanks and sure babes.”

“ Siwon ready? Lets leave?”

“Sure” I confirm. I shake my hand with Mark and wink at him telling him that I will contact him soon regarding his offer.

 

 

We drive thorough the empty roads and Dara is slowly dozing off. I drive faster to her apartment. After about 10 minutes, I halt at her apartment door step. I watch my angel sleep beside me. She looks beautiful. I hate to wake her up.

Dara” I call her softly.

She wakes up in a surprise and with a jolt and her eyes wide awake. “ shu..shu..its ok. We’re home.”

Oh god, thank you.”

She takes a minute to wake herself up completely.

I get out and open the door for her. she gets off gracefully. Before she walks in, I call her and pull her into my arms.

Your so warm” she says.

Can I stay with you tonight?”

“No mister. We have work tomorrow…so go.”

“Ok…but Mark has offered me his private estate in Boracay Island and I’d like to go there with you.”

“ Anytime.”

“Sorry what?”

We’ll go anytime you want.”

“Are you sure?” I ask in excitement!

“Yes….i want to travel with you.”

“ Oh my God Dara! Thank you! Thank you soo much. We’ll figure out he schedule tomorrow morning.”

“ Sure.” She says and caresses my cheek. That’s the first time I see some lust take over in her eyes.

Suddenly she pulls me by my jacket collar for a kiss. I was honestly very surprised. It may be the numerous Champagnes she drowned or the fatigue, but im so loving this moment.

 

We finish our meetings with our international client over tele- conferencing and disperse to our seats. I was so excited that Dara had agreed to travel with me. If possible I would have take off that very night. However, I cannot do that. I go to her room to check her schedule.

*knock knock* Dara looks up and gives me a smile that can melt me right now.

Yes Mr. Siwon, what can I do for you?” she teases as I enter.

Well Ms. Sandara Day, could you please give me the pleasure of travelling with me to wonderful Boracay island in the Philippines?”

“Well, surly Mr. Siwon, I would, with all my heart grant you that honor.” She was teasing me further.

That is awesome!” I squealed.

So Dara, how dies your schedule for next week? Im having a few spots open, so I can make it, later I will not be able to travel, Min Jin just confirmed my schedule.”

“Next week huh? Hold on….” Dara glances at her schedule and I was praying she agrees to the time.

After about 5 minutes, Dara says, “ Brilliant, next week will do for me, even thought, I have a few important stuff, I guess I can work from the Island.”

“ Alright…I’ll call up Mark then.”

“ Ok wait hold on…..when did all this happen? You, Mark, Boracay?”

“ Well, he asked me about you and me….”

“He did?” her eyes widened.

Yes indeed he did and suggested me his estate. I thought it was a brilliant idea. Since we are both working too much on neon Lights, it would be a good break. Besides, it will be some nice to be alone……just..you and me” I said and stepped forward making Dara nervous and blush.

Stop it Siwon, stop it before I lose my mind and pull you in for kiss!”

“Oh I’d love that!”

“ Crazy person! So I confirm, next week would be awesome.”

Siwon leaves my office giving me a ‘I’m too excited’ smile. Honestly, I’m excited too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dara and Siwon meet a new friend,

Who is indeed very excited for te couple.

Are you?

______________________________________________________

Hello my wonderful readers, 

I hope you are enjoying my stroy till now.

If you have any sugessions, please do let me know. mwah!

______________________________________________________

To Be

_______________________

Continued