Caring Arms

Love Chooses You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 6[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Caring Arms[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]After the movies, the four of them had bussed back to the bubble tea place near the academy to hang out for a bit. Once it was almost curfew, they came out. Seohyun was about to cross the street without noticing a car heading her way. Luhan swiftly pulled her back just in time, accidentally bumping into Minah in the process.

"Ah," Minah winced. She had tripped, putting weight on her foot in the wrong place.

Baekhyun quickly held onto her so she wouldn't fall over. "Are you alright?" he asked, worried.

Luhan and Seohyun turned around and saw Minah with one foot off the ground. She tried to take a step, but almost slipped again if it wasn't for Baekhyun's grip on her. "Ah!" she grimaced.

Seohyun gasped softly. "I'm sorry!"

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked.

Minah forced a smile, biting back the pain. "Yea."

"No you're not, it looks like you sprained your ankle," Baekhyun stated, inspecting her foot.

"I'm fine," Minah reassured them, ignoring her throbbing ankle.

Baekhyun and Seohyun weren't convinced, but Luhan just glanced at his watch. "It's almost curfew. I promised Seohyun I'd get her back to the dorms on time."

Minah's heart dropped. Yea, she said she was alright, but she couldn't believe Luhan just let it go like that. After he just ran into her, all he could think about was getting Seohyun back on time? Really? Did he even apologize?

"But this is my fault," Seohyun faced Minah, concerned.

"But what if you get in trouble?" Luhan insisted. "I know you hate that."

Minah felt tears approaching. He cared more about Seohyun than he did about her. "You two go first," she hurriedly sent them off.

Seohyun still felt bad. "Are you sure? Should we get a taxi for—"

"I'm fine," Minah cut her off. "Just go." She tried to sound as nice as possible, but it didn't really work.

Luhan didn't notice and he took Seohyun's hand, dragging her away. Seohyun kept turning back to check on Minah, but Luhan just pulled her along.

Once they were out of sight, Minah let out a haggard breath. She tried not to blink because she knew the tears were threatening to fall.

Suddenly, she felt Baekhyun wrap his sweater around her. "Put it on," he commanded gently.

"W-what?" she stuttered, her voice cracking.

Baekhyun sighed, knowing she was on the verge of tears. He could tolerate almost anything because Minah liked Luhan. But if he made her cry, he wasn't afraid to throw a punch at that hyung.

He knew she wouldn't listen, so he just took her hands and slipped them into the sweater for her. Then he bent down and zipped it up so she wouldn't get cold. He stood back up and his lips twitched upon seeing her in it. It was way too oversized, making her resemble a little kid.

He turned around and kneeled down. "Get on."

"Huh?" he heard her say.

He spun his head around. "That or I'll carry you in my arms. It's your choice," he declared.

Minah took a deep breath and gave in. She leaned forward and slipped her arms around his neck. He stood up and held onto her legs cautiously, trying not to hit her foot.

As he started walking in silence, he felt Minah tighten her grip a little and rest her head on his back. Then to his surprise, she started sniffling.

His heart ached when he heard her, and his legs stopped moving. She wasn't the type to cry. In fact, he had never seen her cry, not once. The only time he had seen her tears was when she burst out laughing at Sehun for falling off his chair after the teacher caught him sleeping in class.

"Minah-ya," Baekhyun whispered softly and exhaled. "Please don't cry."

She sniffled again. "Just go," she croaked.

Baekhyun obeyed and slowly made his way back to the academy. When they reached the front, thankfully there was still a minute left until curfew so the gate was open. Baekhyun knew there was no way they could make it back to Minah's dorm on time since it was quite far from the entrance, so he decided to take her back to his dorm first. He wasn't really worried about curfew.

"Where are we going?" Minah asked, her voice going back to normal.

"I have anesthetic patches in my room," Baekhyun explained. "I'll take you back to your dorm after. You'd be late if I took you back now anyways."

"But if the teachers see you bringing a girl to your room at this hour, you're going to get in huge trouble," Minah whispered. "Girls are prohibited in guys' dorms and vice versa at this time."

He brushed it off. "The teachers never actually guard the halls."

They reached Baekhyun's dorm and slipped in quietly. Like Baekhyun had said, there were no teachers around. He went to his room and sneaked in, careful not to make any noises.

"Minah?" Sehun exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"Shhh!" Baekhyun hushed him, using his elbow to close the door.

He let Minah down by his bed and she took a seat. "Sehun, where are the anesthetic patches?" Baekhyun asked.

"In the bottom drawer, why?" Sehun answered, confused.

Baekhyun opened it and dug around. "Minah sprained her ankle," he replied. "Are you sure it's in here? I can't find it," he mumbled, hastily moving everything around.

"Oh," Sehun glanced at Minah, worried. However, he was still confused as to why they came in together. "I'll just ask someon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter