Can't You Love Me

Love Chooses You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 24[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Can't You Love Me[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Later that night, Minah was having the time of her life. She loved campfires, and she definitely loved chocolate-covered roasted marshmallows. And to top it off, Chen and his friends sang and danced to Replay by SHINee. Minah was having the best day ever.

The song finished and everyone applauded. "Oh gosh, Chen. Looks like I'm going to have to give you extra dance lessons outside class hours," Ms. Song stated, laughing.

"Hey!" Chen pouted, whining. "It's only because I was right next to Kai!"

"Hyung, it's alright," Kai laughed, patting Chen's back. "Your voice makes up for it!"

Chen grinned, satisfied.

"So who's up next?" Mr. Kang asked, burning yet another marshmallow.

Everyone looked around to see if any hands would go up, but no one wanted to go right after Chen and his friends.

Chanyeol shot his hand up in the air. "Baekhyun wants to!"

Baekhyun's eyes widened at his friend. "What? I never said that!"

"Oh come on," Chanyeol whined, handing over his guitar to Baekhyun. "Make use of those lessons I gave you!"

Minah stared at Baekhyun curiously. He can play the guitar?

"Baekhyun, I didn't know you know how to play the guitar," Taeyeon was surprised as well, voicing out Minah's thoughts.

"He has been getting lessons from me," Chanyeol stated proudly. "He practiced so much his fingers were all blistered. They even bled once."

Minah's ears perked up. Blistered?

***flashback***

Minah walked over to Baekhyun and tiptoed to ruffle his hair. "Good job, Baekhyunnie," she teased, knowing how he also hated to be treated like a kid. 

When he lifted his hand up to flick her forehead in return, she quickly grabbed his wrist. "Hah! Not fast e—" her voice faltered as her eyes travelled to his fingertips, "nough." She stared at them. "Oppa, what happened to your fingers?"

There were blisters all over his fingertips, and just looking at them was painful.

Baekhyun quickly pulled his hand back. "Uh...I..."

***end of flashback***

So that's where they came from? Minah wondered.

Ms. Yang gasped. "Are you going to sing the song you wrote for the composition evaluation? I'd love to hear it!"

Baekhyun groaned inwardly. As if playing guitar already wasn't bad enough. Now he had to sing that song? In front of Minah? "Uhm...I..."

He was interrupted by the chanting which Sehun started. "Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!"

He sighed and gave in. "Fine."

Everyone else cheered and Minah waited in anticipation as Chanyeol gave him some last minute pointers.

Baekhyun cleared his throat and tried to calm his heartbeat. Sing for her; just for her.

♫   ♫   ♫

Though I tell it not to go
Though I tell it to stop
My heart keeps going towards you
It doesn't wear out,
It doesn't decrease
Why is my love like this?

One by one,
I count and count the memories
My heart can't rest for even a moment
It'll just become baggage that becomes hard to control
Why can't I even throw them away?

Really, my heart must have done something somehow
It must have become a fool that's blind from love
Just one place, everyday one place
Looking at the sad light that is you

Even the tear glands must be broken
My tears won't stop
I love only you, only you
Can't you just tell me?

♫   ♫   ♫

Minah had no idea why, but she felt as if Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter