Late Confession

Love Chooses You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [CONTENTID1]Chapter 22[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Late Confession[/CONTENTID2] [CONTENTID3]

Minah looked to her right and saw Sehun sitting on the sand by himself. "Oh, what are you doing here?" she asked, taking a seat next to him.

"I could ask you the same thing," he replied, smiling.

Minah laughed softly. "I couldn't sleep," she explained.

"Same," Sehun lied, feeling depressed.

The two didn't speak for the next five minutes. Minah just sat there, looking out at the water. Coincidentally, the place they were sitting at was the same area where they had gone swimming earlier. And she couldn't help but smile at the memory. It was the first time she had felt truly happy during the trip.

"Wow, that's the longest silence we've ever had between us," Sehun pointed out, playing with the pebbles in the sand.

Minah finally turned to him and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I was just thinking about something."

"Baekhyun?" Sehun surmised knowingly.

"What? No," Minah denied.

"Don't even lie, Minah," Sehun chuckled. "I know you better than you know yourself."

Minah scoffed back, but she knew he was right.

"You know, to be honest, I've been worrying about you," Sehun informed her.

She blinked back. "Why?"

"I thought you'd be saddened after Luhan and Seohyun started dating, but you don't seem to be too affected," he noted.

Minah sighed. "I know, I thought I would too."

"And..." Sehun added carefully, "I've also noticed how you've been smiling around Baekhyun a lot lately."

Minah automatically smiled at that statement, proving his suspicions immediately. She tried to control her expression. "I know," she said.

Honestly, she noticed it too, but she didn't know what was going on with her. How could she suddenly develop feelings for Baekhyun? Or did she always have feelings for Baekhyun, but chose to ignore them? She was extremely conflicted, and this was probably why she couldn't fall asleep.

Sehun could sense her confusion, and he felt empathetic. "You can't control your feelings, they do whatever they want," he told her. "Feelings can change."

"Still..." Minah mumbled, unconvinced. Sehun sighed, determined to make Minah see and accept how she feels now.

"You don't choose who to love, Minah," he explained earnestly, unlike his usual self. "Love chooses you."

"I don't choose love..." she whispered, the words slowly starting to make sense. "It chooses me?"

Sehun knew he was getting somewhere now, so although he was hesitant, he continued. "Did you know that I used to have feelings for you?" He watched for her reaction, and sure enough, she was astounded.

"What?" she blurted, thinking she heard wrong.

He chuckled, amused. "The first time I realized I liked you was some time in high school. Since you had always been my best friend, it felt weird at first. I had liked you all the way to the second semester of our first year at Seungri. I liked you for over three years. Actually, I can honestly say that you were my first love."

Minah was speechless, not expecting this at all.

"But I knew you liked Luhan," Sehun continued. "Every time you talked to me about him, I'd feel hurt," he looked down as he remembered the past. "But I eventually got over it."

Minah thought back to her memories in high school with Sehun. They always stuck together, and a lot of people even mistakened them as siblings or lovers. Sehun had always been a best friend to Minah though, so she never thought much of it; that is, until now.

***flashback***

"Sehun, do you like anyone?" Minah asked, curious.

Sehun gulped. "Yea...why?"

"Tell me! Tell me!" Minah beamed, excited.

He stared into her eyes nervously, a hundred percent serious. "She's beautiful, both inside and out. She's cute no matter what she does, especially when she feels embarrassed. Despite how strong and independent she acts, she's actually quote frail on the inside; she just doesn't want anyone to worry about her. She may seem confident and outgoing, but she does have an insecure side to her. She's friendly, kind, and understanding. She's...well, I love her."

Even after all of that, Minah didn't ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter