The Bet

That Playboy Wants Our Dongsaeng!

It was a typical day for Yongguk and his friends to hang out at the park near the university while eating some snacks after they were just finished their classes. And the topic for today was another dumped prey from the well-known playboy.

“How long did it last this time?” Himchan asked before the ice cream shoved by his boyfriend beside him. Whereas another younger couple were being all lovey-dovey on the other side of the long bench they were sitting on.

“Two months,” Yongguk answered, rolling his eyes at the affections showed. He was currently perching on the concrete planters adjacent to them because he did not want to be squeezed in between the so-in-love couples.

“Wow, that’s a new record,” Jongup’s comment was followed by giggles when the person in his arm started to dab kisses along his jawline. Yongguk felt like he was mocked for being single and he hated it. That’s why he always fast to find a new one after dumping the old one.

“Cut it off, all of you! We’re in public for ’s sake!” Yongguk snapped. Everyone stopped their actions to look at him.

“Someone is jealous I see…” Zelo smirked and Yongguk scoffed. “Whatever.”

“And what’s the reason this time?” Himchan asked again.

“Queen Control,” Yongguk simply retorted.

“Then do you have the next target?” Youngjae spoke up.

“Still looking. You know that the longest time I stayed single was not more than three weeks. But I don’t find the one with my standard yet,” Yongguk said, looking around the park.

“What is your taste exactly?” Himchan tilted his head to question him.

“A person with a good body of course,” Zelo replied on Yongguk’s behalf and Yongguk nodded approvingly.

“Why don’t you try something new for a change? Like the pretty boy over there,” Youngjae pointed to a boy sitting on a bench opposite from them, cutely eating his ice cream.

“Hey, he’s wearing our school uniform!” Zelo uttered to Jongup.

“I don’t remember seeing him at school before,” Jongup retorted.

“Maybe he’s a junior. He does look younger than me though,” Zelo voiced his thought.

“How about a bet?” Jongup suggested out of a sudden. “I bet Yongguk hyung can get the boy in three weeks.”

“I bet on it too,” Zelo agreed with his boyfriend.

“We bet Yongguk can’t get the boy at all,” Himchan joined them with Youngjae.

“Whoa wait a ing minute. Since when did I agree to do it??” Yongguk went to stand in front of them with hands on his hip.

“Just take it as a challenge. There’s no regret. You’re gonna dump him anyway in the end,” Jongup reassured him.

Yongguk paused to consider it. “What about the prize?”

“We’re doing this for fun, right. So the loser will have to treat the winner whatever he wants to eat,” Jongup recommended.

“Deal,” All of them said simultaneously.

Yongguk once again took a good look at the boy. He had a small frame, his hair was dark brown, and his eyes were big and round. He seemed pretty innocent to him. It must be easy to tackle a naïve boy and he would just win the bet. He turned to his friends and gave them a smug smile. “I bet I can get him in two weeks.”

“Serioiusly hyung? Two weeks?! Daebakk!!” Zelo clapped his hand.

“Aren’t you gonna start your move now?” Himchan asked.

“Ouuhh yeahh,” Yongguk confidently walked towards the boy.

 

〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

 

“Hey there, beautiful. What’re you doing here all alone?” Yongguk greeted the boy and sat close to him, cross-legged.

The boy stopped eating his ice cream and glanced at him before looking back down. Yongguk on the other side was patiently waiting for the response. He thought that maybe the boy was nervous to see a really handsome guy talking to a plain boy like him. Yongguk was expecting a blushing face and a stuttering return from the boy. However, the boy slowly got up and just walked away to the opposite direction. Yongguk was confused. He turned to his friends who were hiding in the bush behind the bench. “What? Do I have something on my face?”

“Yes. The word ‘playboy’. It’s written all over your face!” Himchan snickered followed by the others.

"Geez hyung, you're so lame," Zelo added, making them cracked up more.

Yongguk clicked his tongue. “Forget it.” He ran to the boy and grabbed his arm to turn him around. “Hey, I was talking to you just now.”

The boy squirmed as a signal for Yongguk to release him and so Yongguk did. “Baekhyun hyung… He said not to talk to stangers,” The boy replied timidly, looking at everywhere but the ‘stranger’.

“Pfft, what are you? Eight?” Yongguk laughed at him.

“No! I’m eighteen!!” The boy stomped his feet to the ground in protest. His eyes were glowering at the other.

Wow, this is really something new, and he’s a little childish too, Yongguk thought. “Ok, ok. Then, trust me, I’m not a bad person. My name is Bang Yongguk, and you are?”

The boy’s face softened before shyly answering Yongguk’s question. “… Jung Daehyun.”

“Now, we’re not strangers anymore. You can talk to me, right?” Yongguk felt like he was dealing with a kid. The boy furrowed his eyebrows and bit his lips to think.

“Daehyun!” A voice shouted from a distance. Yongguk saw a guy dashed to them in an amazing speed. He pulled Daehyun to stand behind him. “What are you trying to do with my dongsaeng?!”

“What do you mean? I was just talking to him. That’s all,” Yongguk responded calmly although he was a little bit startled by the unknown person’s sudden appearance.

The guy narrowed his eyes to Yongguk for a while. “Are you sure? ‘Cause it seems like you’re going to do something bad to him…”

“No, I’m not!” Yongguk sent a signal at Daehyun for backup by mouthing the words ‘help me’ but the boy just gave him a blank stare while his ice cream. He mentally cursed both of them before realizing the new guy was still glaring at him. “I swear!”

“It’s hard to believe a guy who looks like a serial , but… Just stay away from my dongsaeng!” With that, the guy dragged Daehyun away.

Yongguk just watched them in disbelieve. He never failed to attract someone before. And this was the first time someone called a charming man like him as a serial . “What the hell is this?!” He yelled. “I’m a university student, FYI!!!”

“Two weeks, hyung! Two weeks!” Zelo whispered behind him.

 

 (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

 

“Hyung! Baekhyun hyung! Slow down! My ice cream!” Daehyun was struggling to regain his balance and keping his ice cream from falling at the same time.

“Yah! Jung Daehyun! Didn’t I tell to not to talk to strangers?!” Baekhyun burst out his anger.

“It’s not my fault! He talked to me first. And he told me his name is Bang Yongguk. Then I told him mine. He said that we’re not strangers anymore, so we can talk,” Daehyun explained and Baekhyun hit his own forehead. He really could not argue with his dongsaeng.

“Just… don’t tell this to the hyungs, ok? Or they’ll skin me alive,” Baekhyun pleaded to his dongsaeng.

Daehyun nodded. "Don't worry, hyung. Of course I won't tell them," His promising smile put the older at ease. He walked with Baekhyun to their home, still eating his ice cream, with his hyung’s arm draped around his shoulder.

 

〜( ̄▽ ̄)〜

 


Wow, I don’t expect this story to get such a great response from all of you. There’re so many upvoters, subscribers and comments, I was so touched o(╥﹏╥)o

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it (^3^)~♡

So here’s the first chapter. I don’t know if it’s good enough but I hope you like it. I’ll try to not disappoint you in the next chapters. Saranghae ♥♥♥