Ch 1. Meeting

Meant to be?

-2002 in Nagasaki-

"Maki, come on!! Our vacation time is slipping out of our hands as we stand here talking, it's so rare that we can get out of the restaurant!"

Hi! I'm Maki. My dad and my mom were the owners of a restaurant in a small neighbourhood. It was passed down from our grandfather's father's grandfather, haha I know, all the way down to my dad. Our place wasnt five star fancy but the locals loved our cooking and passion and I hope that one day the restaurant will become mine. I was the so called second in hand cook at the place. Yes, I know I'm only 15 but I'm turning 16 soon so be quiet, I loved to cook and I was told that I was good at it so haha!

I caught up to my mom and started walking along with my brother Ryu, and my dad only to stop at a stall. The stall wasn't anything special, just a place where an old lady sold bracelets, necklaces etc, but what really caught my eye were these two rings. They weren't anything special either, but a pair of silver rings that seem to have me captivated. My eyes were stuck on them and when the old lady told me that they were only 100 yen I bought them on a impulse, having no idea what to do with them.

"Ryu!! Come back here!!" My mom shouted at brother that started sprinting towards a group of people just because he saw something that interested him. "Don't worry mom, I got him" I sprinted off trying to reach him. Damn, he could run. I watched him bump into a boy and that gave me the split second that i needed to catch up to him. Finally, I grabbed onto his should and spun him around to look at me. He stuck his tongue out at me and pushed me into the same boy that he bumped into. I grabbed him again and gave him a death glare plus a scolding that he will not forget soon. Turning around to apoologize to the boy, I was surprised to see how good looking he was. He had hair that seemed a little messy but at the same time looked fantastic, piercing eyes  and to top it all off, a seductive smile that he cast at me that made me blush. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a goldfish look on me right about now.

The Boy's POV

A little boy bumped me only to be caught by another girl. The little boy pushed her into me and stuck his tongue out to her. I watched as the girl grabbed him again and scolded him leaving the boy looking slightly ashamed of himself. She turned around to face me and I almost laughed at how her expression changed. It went from looking apologetic to one of waht could simply be described as a goldfish look.  But she was cute, there was no doubt about it, and there was this certain aura to her that I could definitely see myself falling for in the pretty near future. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if I already like her a little bit. She apologized to me quickly and turned to leave with her brother when a pair of rings fell out of her pocket. I turned to give them to her when our hands accidentally touched a little bit. It was like being shocked, that's the only way that I could describe that feeling. I looked at right into her eyes only to see her looking right back at me. At that moment, something changed. A feeling that I havent felt that strongly before surged up into my heart. It wasn't until her brother called her that she seemed to regain her senses and tear her eyes away from me to leave. She closed my hands over the rings and told me to keep them because they belong with me before leaving with her family. I smiled and made sure they were safely in my pocket, knowing that somehow I needed to see her again. "So, her name's Maki!!"

"Jin!! Akanishi Jin!! Get your back here!!" I shook my head as if trying to clear my thoughts and went back to the rest of KAT-TUN, who were waiting for me.

Maki's POV

I didn't know what the hell I was thinking when I gave him the rings. It just that somehow I knew they were suppose to be his, like the main reason I bought them was that they could be his. I looked at him again as he walked away, kinda sad at the thought that I probably wasn't going to see him again.

 

Please comment or just leave me a message of some sort but I'm just happy to know that there are people out there reading my story =D