Chapter 2

If This Is Love

First Impression

A kkotminam.

Everything about him is small;

His height, his face, his eyes, his nose, his mouth and even his frame.

But he is cute.

He resembles a puppy I once had.

These are the thoughts running in my mind when I first stared at him for some time.

 

 

Chanyeol's pov

“That newbie is coming today.” Kris hyung told me as he sat next to me at the corner of the practice room.

He is talking about the newbie Rep. Cho referred. Since yesterday, other trainees are fussing over the said guy. Rumors going around like he was able to get accepted through the casting system held yesterday just because of his backup; saying that he only has a pretty face but not really of a talent.

If Rep. Cho referred him, then he might have seen something special about that guy—is what I think. Never once did I doubt his judgment. His eyes that he uses to ‘calculate’ (as what he has termed before) people is totally no joke. So I think whoever that newbie is, he is something to look forward to.

“And they said he’s going to join our cluster.” Kris hyung added.

A thought stopped by me, “If it’s Rep. Cho, then that newbie must really be a kkotminam (pretty man)”

“Yea” Hyung shortly answered in English.

“What time is it now? I set an alarm on my phone…” As I grabbed my backpack to search for my phone, I suddenly remember putting it down in the washroom before and so I excused myself first and dashed off the washroom.

When I came back, I noticed other trainees gathered at the center of the room. And Joonmyun hyung called me too when he saw me, that’s when I walk towards them and saw Rep Cho.

“This is Byun Baekhyun, he’ll be joining your group from now on” Rep Cho introduced the person next to him as the latest trainee.

Baekhyun bowed his head and greeted me back. For some reason, we just exchanged glances for a moment.

 

 

 

 

We started our dance practice and as usual, I positioned myself at the back.

I don't want the choreographer to give my name another special mention just because of my crappy unique dancing. I saw Baekhyun went to my side... ooh~ does he at dancing too? Of course not, he's still just shy to be in front, I guess; it's his first day after all.

The music starts to play and everyone in the room move through the beat... with the exemption of one.

Yup, that's me! My both feet seem to work inversely; they just can't follow a single step at all. My eyes searched for Jongdae, I can't be the only one messing up here!

Jongdae is the same age as me and is very good in singing... but anyway, other things about him is irrelevant so there's no point introducing him, the most important matter about this guy is that he is worse than me when it comes to dancing.

That's why I can't believe what I'm seeing right now-- that Jongdae is actually DANCING!

Since when?!

He seemed to notice me checking on him that he sticks out his tongue as he smirks. He must be practicing behind my back! That could be the only explanation to this! Joonmyun-hyung does that too so he probably did the same without even inviting me. Unfair.

When it's near the chorus part, the step that I hate the most comes next and I haven't done it correctly even once before. Before I knew it I'm dancing like a drunken ahjussi and bumped unto the guy next to me causing him to lose his balance and I instinctively pulled his arms to keep him. I forgot that this guy just came here today, he must also be lost-- I got lost for moment too when he turned his face to me. I did saw him clearly before but taking a closer look at him, he is indeed cute. The more he resembles the puppy that I used to love.

He freed himself from my grip and thanked me. Byun Baekhyun, right?

 

 

 

Coming out from hell, err, I mean, dance room, we had a short break and went straight to the music room. I have more confidence in my singing though I can't hit high notes, at least I can rap... not really good but at least in this, I know there’s a chance I can improve day by day.

Each of us was called in front to sing a part of the song given before. And now it's Baekhyun's part. His voice is... so low and it trembles when he tries to raise it higher... obviously, he's nervous... after he was called back to sit, he looks as if he’s about to cry and I worry about this guy... can he really survive the next days to come?

 

 

 

I also worry about my eyes; it keeps on following this newbie... I don't know but I find myself looking after him.

Sehun and I are about to head to the locker area when I saw Baekhyun enter the exit door staircase...

Good, now it's not just my eyes that follow him, even my feet move on its own.

"Where are you going?" I heard Sehun ask me so I told him to go ahead and I'll just come after.

I slowly slide the door to take a peek if he wanted to use the stairs instead of the elevator but what I saw is Baekhyun sitting on the staircase while singing his part from before.

I was in awe, he sings it perfectly. His voice is still low but it doesn't tremble anymore...

What trembles is my hand. He really has a beautiful fascinating voice. For a moment, I was mesmerized.

"I... I can do better next time. Fighting!"

I chuckled to myself when I hear Baekhyun say that mushy line just now to comfort his self; but at the back of my mind I also cheered for him, Fighting!

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun promised to go with me downtown after this day's training. So both of us are about to turn left when I, again, saw Baekhyun walking down the opposite side.

"Where are you going? This way, right?" Sehun got confused when I was trying to walk on the opposite side.

"C'mon, let's try going that way instead. I might find that thing there"

"What are you-- oh, so that's it?" Sehun probably noticed me staring at Baekhyun too who is just few steps away from us planning to walk on the opposite road, and Sehun is pretty sharp with these things.

"I wasn't staring at him or anything! I also don't plan on following him like a stalker, I--"

"Calm down hyung, I haven't said anything yet" He just chuckled but I imagine him laughing out loud.

"Anyway, let's just go this way for a while"

 

 

 

I admit I'm following him. My eyes would look after him and my feet would follow his steps. I smile when I see him enjoy his own sweet time walking randomly in the streets and browsing the shops casually.

"Not done stalking yet?" Sehun asked from my back

Crap, I forgot about him!

"Sorry, C'mon lets go" I dragged his arms and take one last look at Baekhyun before turning around.

"You know, you don't have to force yourself. Just approach him already hyung. Tap his shoulder or grab his wrist, better yet, call his name... but try not to be so excited, you might end up shouting his name." Sehun suggested as he was bothered with me still turning my head back to take a glimpse of Baekhyun.

"You're not helping."

But maybe I should start a conversation with him tomorrow... I want to know more about him.

 

 

 

 

After an hour, we finally managed to buy the things we needed so Sehun went home ahead since he just lives around that area. As for me, I still need to ride the subway going home.

And I was surprised to see Baekhyun waiting at the platform... no kidding!

I seriously I didn't expect to see him again within this day. What is this really?

I'm trying not to be excited but my feet betrayed me.

Then I feel like hearing what Sehun told to me before...

...Tap his shoulder or grab his wrist, better yet, call his name...

And I don't have any idea what's gotten into me.

All I know is I run towards him, grabbed his wrist and call, I swear I just called--

"BAEKHYUN!"

 

--a/n—

Hello! Sorry for updating late again, been working like hell to meet deadlines for January and for the next mos..

And another is because I’m updating two fics at the moment, I know it doesn’t make sense but I’m really bad at multitasking..

Still, thanks a lot for spending some time to read this and for the subs, really really glad, I’ll do my best in updating this one