Choi Eunhee- The guy I forgot and the two porridges

Living with a... Gay!

Finally, school came. I don’t have to see Luhan all day not like last week. That was crazy. He kept insisting he is not gay. Oh well, I think I am slightly believing him, because two people already said he is not gay, and during the early hours of school, the corridor was literally packed with girls following Luhan and his friend Yixing. There were four other people, but I couldn’t see them. I was literally squeezed between the girls even though I just wanted to walk past them. How can the principal not even do anything about this?!

I thanked God a million times when I found my locker. I had to hang on to it before the girls crowd around the lockers of the guys they were following. Good thing it was far from my locker. Hana’s locker was a little further from mine on the left side, even further from the ‘famous’ people. She was having a high fever and flu, so she couldn’t come to school. I was all alone on the first day. Pity.

I was re-organizing my locker and decorating it when I suddenly felt someone tapping my shoulder. I turned around and was greeted with someone very familiar. He said hello, and I stared at him hard. I’ve seen him somewhere, but I didn’t remember when. He raised an eyebrow at me and touched his face all around.

“Is there something on my face?” He asked.

“Um… do I know who you are?” I asked embarrassingly.

“You don’t remember me? I am Chanyeol, the one who helped you with the directions on your first day… in Korea… do you remember?” I couldn’t believe I had forgotten.

“Oh my goodness I am so sorry I have a brain of an ant how could I have forgotten? You were my life saver oh my.” I laughed and apologized.

“Nah, it’s okay. People forget easily.” Chanyeol smiled. “Anyways, what is your first class?”

“Hmm,” I looked at my timetable. “It is Mathematics. What about yours?”

“Oh! Mine is Maths too! Let’s go.” Chanyeol grabbed my wrist suddenly and we began walking to our respective class.

I looked down at the skin contact that we had. Back in Australia, my guy friends would usually sling their hands over my shoulders or maybe even hug me for no reason. But I thought Korea is very cautious about having skin contact between girls and guys that do not have the same blood or not having chemistry. So when Chanyeol grabbed my wrist, I was shocked. Maybe if as friends, it doesn’t matter if we have skin contact, just not as far as to hugging each other.

“Here we are!” Chanyeol happily exclaimed and pulled me into the classroom.

Instantly, everyone turned to the both of us and girls started whispering. Some were even glaring at me harshly. I was curious as to why they were glaring at me. Girls kept glaring at me ever since I entered this university. Was I too tanned for them? Their skin is as white as snow! How do want me to go that level when I am not even born with that skin colour?!

Chanyeol sat me down at the furthest seat from the board and sat beside me. Girls turned around and continued whispering. Chanyeol waved at them randomly and they started squealing loudly. I had a heart attack for a moment. It was just one freaking gesture and they were already so freaked out. I stared at Chanyeol in fright and asked what just happened.

“Don’t you know who I am?” Chanyeol chuckled and I shook my head. “Well, I am one of the Kingkas of the school.”

“What is Kingka?” I asked.

“It is like a statement. The word Kingka comes from king. It’s like the jock level in the states. Very high and respected, sometimes even by teachers. But I stay noble, don’t I?” Chanyeol grinned.

“Oooh… so who are the other Kingkas?” I asked.

“Well, Luhan is the most famous, next comes Jongin. Then there’s Sehun, Yixing and Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol said as soon as the teacher entered.

~*~

“Hey Eunhee, do you want to eat with me?” Chanyeol asked as soon as the bell rang.

“Well, sure, but I have to meet my sick friend first. I’ll be back soon.” I excused myself and rushed off to Hana’s dorm room.

We had a whole hour for break, so I had plenty of time. I knocked on the door plenty of times before it was opened. Hana was in such a horrible state. Her eyes were swollen, her hair was in a big mess and she was coughing so much. I quickly led her inside and lied her down on her bed.


“I ordered some porridge from the cafeteria. It will be here soon.” Hana coughed and sniffed.

I nodded my head and waited for the food to come. I didn’t know and couldn’t believe that you were able to order from the cafeteria food to be delivered to your dorm. That was unusually cool. All of a sudden, the main door of the dorm slammed. I looked up and heard some shuffling in the living room. I got scared. The delivery person wouldn’t just budge into the dorm like that. Who was that? It couldn’t be a…

I got up from the chair and cowardly popped my head out to the living room. A small red tiny plastic bag with something inside was sitting on the table. I remembered there was nothing on the table when I entered the dorm. I got scared. What was in the plastic? A box filled with…ash?

 A thump was heard from the kitchen and I jumped. Curiosity got the better of me and I slid on the floor slowly. I shuffled all the way to the kitchen and closed my eyes for what was about to come. I entered the kitchen and suddenly hit something hard right at the foot of the door. I stopped breathing and I opened my eyes wide. Was it a… ghost?!

“What in the world are you doing in here?!” I jumped and looked up to the face of the voice.

“Jong-Jongin?” I sighed in relief.

It was him all along! I smiled so widely that Jongin started backing away from me. I told him I thought he was a ghost, and he laughed out loud. He shook his head and grabbed the red plastic bag and set a bowl down on the table. He took out a container filled with porridge. I frowned at the porridge as he poured it slowly into the bowl.

“Who is that for?” I asked.

“Hana.” He replied simply and stirred the porridge with a spoon.

“Oh, did you get it from the cafeteria?” I asked.

“No… I bought it for her.” He frowned at me, when there was a sudden knock at the door.

I rushed to it and looked through the keyhole. It was an old grandma holding onto a red plastic bag. I opened the door and accepted the plastic bag. It was the porridge that Hana bought! I turned to Jongin who was staring at the plastic bag I was holding.

“Who is that for?” Jongin pointed at the plastic bag.

“She ordered it from the cafeteria… why did you buy for Hana the porridge all of a sudden?” I asked curiously.

“Well, since she’s sick and all…” He rubbed his neck.

“You would know she would order for herself the porridge. She’s mature enough to think of that.” I was thinking that something was fishy.

“I like her, okay! That’s why I suddenly bought for her porridge!” Jongin’s eyes widened at what he had just said. 

 

~*~

Thank you so much for subscribing to this story! Please do comment! It makes me happy :> 

Hopefully this story gets more and more interesting! 

Love you all lots! XOXO