Choi Eunhee- Make little plans before you move on

Living with a... Gay!

A/N:Whenever there's a character's name written in the title, it means it is in their P.O.V. and then the title of the chapter comes after the dash, '-' . If it is under a third person's P.O.V, only the story title will be shown. Hope you're not confused! Enjoy :)

 

 

“Hello sir, how do I, um… I, here?” I asked a man in a suit as I pointed to the map that I was holding.

“What?” He asked politely.

“Um, here, I need directions.” I told him and jabbed my finger onto the big building on the paper.

“Oh, this university?” He pointed at the map and I nodded my head. “You have to take a cab because it is quite far.”

I sighed in frustration and thanked him before he paraded off to wherever he was heading. I slumped onto a nearby bench and slouched tiredly. I had been walking for three hours straight and my legs were screaming at me to stop. I landed in Korea five hours ago, and I realized I was in big trouble. I cannot speak proper Korean. I learn a little Korean through k-movies and dramas, and once in a blue moon, my dad and I would sit down and he would teach me the basics of Korean. I guess he thought I was ready to live my own life in Korea.

The weather was not helping either. Since summer was ending, it was continuously raining. I was pretty sure my body was cursing my brain. I was fatigue, and my jetlag was not helping at all. I swear I felt like dying. The only thing that kept me awake was the pinches that I give myself.

I looked around the busy streets and tried to find for some help. I didn’t really want to disturb the people, since a lot of them were rushing past to wherever they were going. I stood up and my legs started aching again. I was not even wearing heels, which I’ve never worn before because my dad restricted me from wearing them. I was wearing comfortable sneakers for God’s sake! Why were my legs hurting so badly?!

I dragged my legs across the floor and tried to find the destination I was going. I continuously asked people who did not look busy at all. Most of them couldn’t understand my pronunciation, so they weren’t able to help. The rest were all excusing themselves. It was really annoying. I nearly gave up, when suddenly somebody tapped me on the shoulder from behind. I whipped my head around and was greeted by a tall man who was smiling sincerely.

“Do you need any help?” He asked, mixing in some English and Korean.

“Yes.” I sighed in relief and pointed to the map. “Where is this place?”

“Oh, this university? I school here.” He grinned. “I am going there now. Come, follow me.” He said and started walking forward.

I smiled and skipped after him. He turned to me and his attractive grin was shining brightly. He was really handsome to be honest. But I still prefer Cody Simpson. This Korean guy has a tall nose, and his eyes are big. His face is literally flawless and his lips are thin yet plump at the same time. It sort of changes at every angle. He is considered attractive.

“We’re getting closer. Anyways, what is your name?” The guy asked as I pushed myself to follow his pace.

“My name is Choi Eunhee and my English name is Elizabeth.” I told him with a lot of stutters.

“Oh… my name is Park Chanyeol.” He said and I nodded my head.

“So, how is the school?” I asked.

“I’ve not yet started it, but I’ve read all the compliments, so I guess it is pretty good.” Chanyeol commented.

“So you’re 19- no, twenty this year? In Korea?” I asked, again, with a lot of stutters.

“Yeap, you’re twenty, too, right?” Chanyeol asked and I nodded happily.

The gigantic university came into view and I sighed in happiness. It is really tall and wide, and the gate has a cursive design to it. Bold letters were plastered to the wall of the school and it spelled the university’s name. I was pretty amazed at the size of the university, and I am pretty sure behind the school is bigger than the garden at the front. I wondered if I would ever get lost in the university.

“Well, we’re here. The principal’s office is straight down the corridor. I have to go now. Nice to meet you!” Chanyeol waved and rushed off to the left.

The principal’s office was visible from where I stood, and I assumed that it is big. There was nobody in sight, except for the security guard who was standing right beside the gate. I quickly marched over to the principal’s office, and soon enough, I was right in front of the door. I nervously knocked the suddenly scary door, and a soft voice invited me in. I twist the knob open and popped my head through the hole in between the door and the wall. A petite lady in a office skirt and a blazer looked up to me and smiled.

“Welcome. You must be the new student from Australia.” The principal piped up and I nodded. “So, your name is Choi Eunhee, right?”

“Yes.” I replied.

“Okay, so here is your timetable for the first semester, and this is your dorm number.” The principal passed me a piece of paper and pointed to a four-digit number at the bottom of the paper.

“Oh, okay. So, may I go now?” I asked.

“Wait, I have bad news. The girl’s dorm was on fire last week, so we have to put you into the boy’s dorm.”

“WHAT?!”

~~~

I don’t know whether it is true or not, but I think someone was putting a curse on me. My first day in Korea was filled with bad luck. Right from the airplane, I had a tiny accident. Someone screamed at me for colliding into her. It was really embarrassing. Everyone was staring at me. Then, at the streets of Korea, nobody wanted to help me. Now, right in school, I have to bunk in with a guy.

The reason is because half of the girl’s dorm building was on fire a week before I came. A girl student tried to jump to an advance level of cooking, but instead of cooking, she burned her kitchen, and the fire spread like water. The fire burned six levels! Now, they had to construct and build the girl’s dorm again. Therefore, all the girls had to move to the guy’s dorm.

The university is filled with a majority of girls, which means the boy’s dormitory building was half empty. Each guy had their own rooms, and they voted to stay in their room instead of living together. Unfortunately for us girls, we had to bunk in with the guys. This means, each girl has a guy roommate. Life couldn’t get any worse.

The old elevator door opened at the eighth level, and I carefully walked past it. The door jerked and squeaked, and I tried not to imagine too wildly. The corridor was brightened with white lights, and doors were lined up at each side of the corridor. Besides the lift, the building is okay. It’s like a regular apartment building, not too fancy and not too scary.

I read my door number and scanned every number on the doors. Two boys passed me, and I could feel their stare on me. I could hear them whispering and snickering a lot. I turned to them and tried to memorize their faces. One of them had such an ugly hair. I guess he was too lazy to style his hair. The other had sleepy eyes, but he was smirking a lot. It was either he was sleep walking or he was born with those extra ordinary sleepy eyes. I think it’s the first option. Or maybe he was purposely making those eyes. I just hope neither of them is my roommate.

The four digits finally appeared and I sigh in relief. I fished out the card that I was given and I slotted it into the card hole. Finally I could sleep. Besides sleeping, I really wanted someone to massage my sore legs. That would be heaven. I thought of asking my roommate, but it would be more than rude to do that. We barely knew each other! Speaking of roommate, I wonder what type I would get. He might be a workaholic, or a work-out freak, or a lazy one, or maybe the guy who had the sleepy eyes or the one who never styles his hair. Out of all the options, I just couldn’t believe I never thought of my roommate as a… gay.