Choi Eunhee- The day couldn't get any worse

Living with a... Gay!

 

"Now? I'm with someone." I answered as he sighed at the other end. 

I waited for his response, but I could only hear another sigh escape. I suggested that we meet the next day, but he insisted that he wanted to meet that day. I didn't know why he was so quick. He lives in Korea! Of course we can meet every single day. But no, he wanted to meet that specific day. But I was with Baekhyun. 

"I'll check my schedule and confirm with you okay?" I suggested and he agreed. 

Finally, I placed my phone down and looked at Baekhyun who was just looking at me. I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he shook his head as he came back to reality. He started blushing furiously when I chuckled at him. He cleared his throat and coughed to avoid eye contact with me. I find it really cute that he is the shy type, unlike Luhan who is always so bossy and mean. 

"Thanks for the bubble tea. I really like it." I smiled and took a sip from my cup. 

"W-welcome." Baekhyun grinned nervously and bit on his straw, which annoyed me a lot because I don't like to see bitten straws. 

"Stop biting on your straw, I don't like to see it." I chuckled and pulled the straw gently away from his lips. 

To avoid hurting his teeth, I had to press my finger against his upper lip. I was too stupid to even think about that. When his lip and my finger touched, we froze. Baekhyun's cheek turned a deep shade of pink and I felt a little warm. I instantly pulled my finger away and gulped to calm the awkwardness down. 

"S-sorry. I ... Uh... Um..." I looked down at my drink and played with the straw. 

"It's okay..." Baekhyun chuckled awkwardly and looked out of the window. 

I followed his gaze and randomly scanned around the streets when all of a sudden, he came into view. He was busy buying food from the opposite stall. I got excited and excused myself from Baekhyun before I ran out of the bubble tea shop and crossed the road to him. I stood right behind him and tried to stay as silent and still as possible. Oblivious to what would happen, he turned around and jumped in surprise when I shocked him. He held onto his chest like as if he had a major heart attack. 

"Yah... Eunhee!" He yelled in anger and happiness. 

"I missed you!" I grinned and punched his arm softly. 

He chuckled and ruffled my hair carelessly. I slapped his hand away and corrected my hair before grinning at him. I missed him so much. He is my Korean cousin, and we have not met for years! He visited me only when I was eleven. By that time, the both of us continuously talked to each other since I really wanted to converse with a Korean friend or cousin. He kept me really close to him and we never lost contact with each other, even until now. He literally treats me like a younger sister!

“Um… Eunhee?” I turned around and found Baekhyun grinning nervously at me.

“Oh, sorry. I’ll finish my bubble tea and you can go home. This is my cousin, Joonmyeon, and we plan to go out tonight.” I explained to Baekhyun and his eyes became serious.

He narrowed his eyes at Joonmyeon and stared at him with full attention. Joonmyeon became scared and nudged me multiple times. I snapped my fingers right before Baekhyun’s face and he blinked out of shock. He looked at me and in his cheeks before he walked off. I followed right beside him. He looked straight and didn’t even look at me. Usually, he would.  It was either he was focusing on something too much or he was pissed at me. But, why would he want to be mad at me? I swear, I didn’t do ANYTHING wrong.

“Baek…” I held his hand and he instantly froze.

He gulped and turned to me slowly. His ears were turning red as he looked down at our hands. A smile formed on his face and he pulled me along with him. I have a pure feeling that Baekhyun has a bipolar disorder. A second ago, he was angry and quiet. The next second, he became all happy and he kept grinning. His hand was gripping on mine tightly, and when I tugged to ‘experiment’ a little, he held even tighter, if that was possible.

“Where are you going after this?” Baekhyun asked me.

“Probably the food street down the block.” I answered and turned to Joonmyeon who was behind the both of us.

“Oh, can I follow?” Baekhyun asked.

“I thought… you had the club activity?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“uh… nevermind about that. I can skip it today.” Baekhyun smiled and swung our hands happily.

“Oppa, you don’t mind that Baekhyun follows, right?” I faced my cousin and asked.

“No problem. The more, the merrier.” Joonmyeon chuckled and fastened his pace to stand beside me.

“Well, let’s drink bubble tea first!” I grinned.

 

~*~

 

I watched as the delicious treat sizzled on the pan. I drooled as the oil bubbled up against the snack. I gulped down my saliva when it was turned over and sizzled louder. Steam evaporated to the surrounding and dispersed as a delicious soul. The smell was so appealing and attracting. I really wanted it in my mouth right now.

“Do you want it that much?” A voice sounded in my right ear and my heart stopped beating for a second.

I whipped my head around and Joonmyeon’s smile greeted me. I sighed and laughed at what just happened. He laughed along as he paid for the food that I was… ‘describing’ at. All of a sudden, Baekhyun butted in and stood right in between Joonmyeon and me.  I frowned at his sudden appearance but he just winked at me playfully. I shrugged off the frown-y feeling and continued the walk around the food street.

“So, what do you want to eat, Eunhee? I’ll treat you.” Joonmyeon asked and my heart fluttered.

FOOD. I will be treated again! The day was a lucky day for me. Everyone was suddenly treating me. I ran to Joonmyeon’s side and watched carefully at all the attractive food. I gulped as I passed each food cart. I really wanted a treat that was long gone from my taste buds. I tried finding it for it, but to no avail. Disappointment started growing in my heart, but all of a sudden, Joonmyeon. He turned to a tiny food cart and ordered my all time favourite Korean snack. My eyes sparkled with delight. I turned to Joonmyeon and smiled warmly. He actually remembered! I can’t believe it!

“Thanks Oppa. I would have missed it!” I chuckled and grabbed the snack from the lady as Joonmyeon paid for me.

“Your boyfriend is so sweet. He must love you a lot.” The lady’s words froze the both of us.

Boyfriend? Boyfriend? Boyfriend?! What did she mean? Joonmyeon and I are nothing close to being in a relationship! I turned to Joonmyeon and the tension between us got awkward. I cleared my throat and told the lady that we weren’t in a relationship. The lady looked somewhat disappointed, I swear! I thanked her before walking awkwardly to Baekhyun. He smiled at me and grabbed my hand before we walked off to the rest of the food stalls. I turned around and found Joonmyeon looking at me. He instantly faced down and continued following our footsteps.

“Oh My God! That girl is a two-timer!” I froze and looked around for the voice.

A girl was pointing at me while she ‘whispered’ to her friend. I frowned at her. she looked really familiar. I tried to recall who she was and realized she was from my class. I rolled my eyes and continued walking with Baekhyun. I guess she was gossiping about me.

“I saw her with Joonmyeon just now! Now she is with that nerd. Quick, we need to tell the school!” I let Baekhyun’s hand go and charged up to my classmate.

“Tell the school what?!” I growled and stomped my feet.

“Uh… N-nothing…” She backed away and tried to run but I grasp her wrist tightly.

“Whatever that you thought just now is stupid. I have no boyfriend and I am not a two-timer. If you tell the school any stupid false rumour, I’ll tell Jongin that you think he is a ert.” I yelled and pulled away my hand harshly before I stomped off.

What was she thinking? Me being a two-timer? I’ve never had a boyfriend for God’s sake! What is wrong with her, jumping to conclusions just like that? Who does she think she is? A lying media reporter?!

“Eunhee…” I turned to my side and found Joonmyeon staring at me.

“Why didn’t you tell me you school in the same school as I do?” I asked him softly as we walked down the street back to my university.

“Well… I wanted to surprise you…” Joonmyeon rubbed the back of his neck.

“Well, then, you failed.” Baekhyun smirked as he emerged at my other side.

“Hmm…I am feeling really tired now. I’ll meet you two tomorrow.” I sighed and quicken my pace to the university.

This day couldn’t get any worse.  

 

 

~*~

YAYYYYY an update :) I actually wanted to do a consecutive update from Friday, but then it didn't work ahahah so sorry XD