Choi Eunhee- Rich, stupid and... my boyfriend?

Living with a... Gay!

“Joonmyeon Oppa!” I greeted and waved at him profusely.

It had been such a long time since I last saw him two weeks ago. It was really obvious that he was awkward with me because of what other people said. Mainly because of that stupid classmate of mine. Joonmyeon is the type to listen to other people’s judgments, which annoys me a lot because why would he care so much about what other people said? He never listens to his!

He stared at me like I was some pig waiting to eat him. I waved at him again but he turned back to his books. I frowned. What was wrong with him? Do we have to be that… distant? I stomped up to the table he was sitting at and slumped down on the seat opposite him. Joonmyeon jumped in shock and peeked at me, frightened at what I did. I pulled out both of the ear plugs from his ears and held onto his shoulders firmly. He stiffed up and began trembling like jelly on a plate.

“Kim Joonmyeon.” I called him firmly to make him look at me.

“Y-yes?” He stuttered as he slowly and fearfully looked at me.

“What in the world is wrong with you? Why are you avoiding me like I am some psycho from the mental hospital?” I asked softly as I slowly let go of his shoulders.

“I… I am just scared. I feel really uncomfortable with you.” He replied honestly. “I really do not like you as a woman. I just like you as a sister.”

“I know, I can see that. So what is bothering you so much? Was it what people said about us?” I pointed out and he nodded.

“I am just worried other people might know and people will assume that we are together.” Joonmyeon explained.

“Well, people do assume we are together, but why do you care so much? It’s their mouth, so let them say what they want to say. What matters most is that you listen to what you say.” I coaxed him, but of course, he didn’t look convinced.

“But how? The world is big, Eunhee. They are a lot of people out there. When I say nothing, no one bats an eye. But when I speak out my own opinions, everyone loses their minds.” Joonmyeon sniffed and looked down as tears threatened to fall out.

“So? In the end, we will all go back to God. The world judges, Joonmyeon. I judge people, and people judge me, because it is just natural for humans to do that. Since it is just situated like that, we just have to go with the flow. We can’t just stop and stay. When will you meet the future then?” I pointed out.

“But, still. It hurts. It hurts a lot. I am not like you, Eunhee. I am not strong, brave nor courageous. I am weak and I give up easily.” Joonmyeon let out and sighed.

“Well, then, try. You’re different from me. You’re special, strong, brave and courageous in your own way. What makes you not special is when you give up. It doesn’t matter if you’re weak. It doesn’t even matter if you lose the battle. What matters is that you didn’t give up and you tried with all your efforts.”

“But when I try, people pull me down.”

“That is part of the test. People pull down other people so that they will feel bad about themselves. Take me for example. I am not as skinny as those other Koreans out there. People criticize me, a lot. They say fat people shouldn’t live. That is one of the biggest test I was given. But did I give up? No, I didn’t. I lived on with my life. My weapon is my ignorance. When I ignored what they said, I felt so free and happy. Their weapon is their mouth and speech of freedom. They criticized, they judged, they looked down at me. Do you what I said? ‘You are being criticized too, big mouth. Don’t criticize someone before you’re being criticized’.” I pulled Joonmyeon’s face up so that our eyes could make contact. “Do you get me, Joonmyeon? If you take time, if you use you effort, and if you try, you can do it. God knows it. He will smile upon you if you do it well.”

Joonmyeon smiled at me as tears rolled down his flawless cheeks. He ruffled my hair until it was messed up and I looked like the lion in the Nat Geo wild channel. I chuckled and wiped his tears. He laughed along and hugged me, which hurts because the table was in the between us. We actually had to stand up just to hug. I hugged him back willingly and laughed when he called himself silly.

“Oh my God! There you go. They’re together.” I heard someone said and I pulled away to see who it was.

It was that same classmate that criticized me the other time. I sighed and pulled Joonmyeon to my side. I whispered something to his ears and he nodded confidently. He turned back to my classmate and walked up to her slowly. She stared up fearfully at him as his strides were slow and scary.

“Yah…” Joonmyeon started. “What is your name?” He asked politely.

“Y-Yaeri, Lee Yaeri.” She replied and I could see that she was trying hard to not breathe.

Joonmyeon bent down to her height and placed his head beside hers. She literally froze and she looked so scared! She looked so unconfident I couldn’t help but laugh. I instantly closed my mouth when I realized I was too loud. I was in the library for Goodness’ sake!

Joonmyeon stopped whispering to her ear and bowed before he walked back to me. He looked so happy. I pulled him over and, being the impatient lady I am, I asked him what he whispered to her dozens of times. Joonmyeon chuckled and closed my mouth before he replied.

“I whispered, ‘are you that jealous that you made up fake statements? Do you want me to prove to you that Eunhee and I are not together?’ and then I hugged her at the waist.” I squealed silently and jumped softly at what Joonmyeon said. “Wait, I am not done yet. Then, I said, ‘would I be doing this if I were with her?’ she was blushing!”

“You did it! You awesome guy I love you!” I ruffled his hair and high-fived with him happily. I don’t even have to do the payback! Joonmyeon did it for me!

“Thanks, Eunhee. You helped me out a lot.” Joonmyeon smiled and patted my head.

“Oh, well… You’re my cousin. Of course I have to help.” I giggled and punched his arm softly. “I have to go now. I am pretty famished.” I chuckled and waved at him before skipping off to the canteen.

 

My phone began ringing when I was walking back to my dorm. I stopped eating my waffle and searched for my phone that was suddenly hidden in my pocket. It was taking so long just to be taken out! When I finally felt its vibration, I pulled it out and looked at the caller ID. ‘Hana’ was printed across the top of the screen. I answered straight away and was greeted by a loud scream.

“EUNHEE, EUNHEE, EUNHEE WHERE ARE YOU?!” Hana yelled.

“Stop screaming you’re making me deaf. I am close to my dorm room now.” I replied as I pulled the phone away from my ear to avoid being deafened.

“I AM COMING. STAY WHERE YOU ARE!” Hana screamed before she hung up.

I was curious at her action just now. Why was she so... panicky and frantic? Was she being bullied again? Was she having an asthma attack again? Was she hurt, sick? I began worrying for m best friend as I waited for her. A minute suddenly felt so long as the news that she wanted to tell me was killing me. I needed to be told about the news soon or I would burst.  

Finally, after what felt like years, Hana came running towards me with her phone in her hand. I sear it would drop if she didn’t grip it tightly. She stopped rushing before me and panted to regain her breath. She looked up at me and slightly glared. I was more curious than afraid. Why was she suddenly so frantic and scary? What did I do this time?

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Hana asked after she could breathe properly.

“Huh?” I looked at her like she was some crazy idiot.

“Don’t try to not know anything. It’s all over the school website.” Hana said with the sternest voice I’ve ever heard from her.

“No, seriously, Hana, what are you talking about? I haven’t check the school website for three weeks already.” I frowned and scanned her phone when she pointed angrily at it.

‘THE SCHOOL’S HOT TOPIC:

   KIM JONGDAE THE JOKESTER AND CHOI EUNHEE THE FOREIGNER ARE DATING.’

WHAT THE ACTUAL FREAK?!

“WHO WROTE THIS?!” I yelled and held onto to phone.

“When did you date him?” Hana asked as she avoided my question.

“I DON’T EVEN KNOW HIM.” I screamed again.

“Shh, you’re going to make the others deaf if you scream again.” Hana placed her hand over my mouth as I continued yelling in frustration.

Kim Jongdae, the school’s ultimate jokester. He is really rich, and snobbish in my perspective. He has an even higher status than the Kingkas. Literally, every guy is jealous of him and every girl dreams to be with him, except for me. And out of all people, I was chosen to be in this rumour. I swear, I’ve never met him, seen him, drink with him and excreta, excreta. All I know is that he is rich and to Hana, handsome. I’ve seen his face before, and he does look like a rich kid.

“What is this?” I growled and passed the phone back to Hana harshly.

“What is this? You guys are together… right?” Hana asked doubtfully.

“No. I don’t even know him. Have you ever seen me with him? No, right? I usually only hang out with you, Luhan, Chanyeol and Baekhyun.” I told Hana truthfully.

“Well… now that you say it… then what is this news about?” Hana showed the phone to me again.

“I don’t know. But I know what I’ll do. I’ll beat the crap out of that Kim Jongdae!” I yelled and stormed off to Jongdae’s classroom, which has the highest status… Duh.

~*~

“Hmmm, this is nice.” Jongdae slurped up the noodle as I watched him angrily.

“Hehe, thanks. It is a very simple recipe.” Yixing smiled and bowed slightly.

“Yah, Yixing Oppa, you’re older than him. Don’t bow.” I stopped him from bowing completely and glared at Jongdae.

I was still angry at him for what he said previously in the morning. He was being such a jerk. How can he just make me as his girlfriend like that? Does he want to get punched or kicked? Ugh, why not I just do both!

*Flashback*

“Kim Jongdae.” I huffed and glared at him uselessly.

“Yes, honey?” He chuckled. “I like calling you honey.”

“Shut up with the crap and go straight to the point. You were the one who wrote the article, right?” I spat.

“Yes, so? I wanted to make it official, honey, don’t you?” He patted my cheek and I instantly slapped his hand away.

“I am neither your honey nor your girlfriend! Why did you write that silly article?!” I yelled and pushed Jongdae.

“I want you to be my girlfriend.” He said firmly as he rubbed his when he fell on the floor. “And I always get what I want.”

“I am not a ‘want’ you jerk! I am a human. You can’t just take me like that!” I shouted and stomped my feet on the floor.

“Choi Eunhee.” He called me as he gripped onto my shoulders painfully. “When I saw you’re my girlfriend, means you’re my girlfriend. If you try to deny it, I’ll tell the whole school that you called Luhan gay.”

“So? Go ahead and tell. I am not afraid.” I challenged him and he chuckled.

“Don’t you know how crazy the fans can be?” He asked me as he smirked. “Seojun,” He called one of his friends.

“Yes?” His friend came over.

“I dare you to say ‘Luhan is gay’ to that girl over there.” Jongdae said and pointed at a girl who was innocently reading a book. “I’ll give you a hundred bucks.”

“Deal.” The guy stupidly said –just for money, huh? - And jogged over to the girl.

When he did what Jongdae asked him to do, the girl instantly flared up and yelled at the guy. She pushed him to the floor with the sudden power that she had and kicked him till he was bruised all over. She kept attacking him like a tiger protecting its property. She even bit him!

“DON’T YOU DARE CALL MY LUHAN OPPA GAY AGAIN, OR ELSE…” She huffed and stormed away.

“Do you still dare now?” Jongdae chuckled. “Love you, honey.” And he walked off like a freaking jerk.

*Present*

Since Yixing was moving to America the next day, he decided to have a mini celebration between all of his close friends, which includes the Kingkas, Queenka, Hana and I. And since Jongdae claimed to be my boyfriend, he tagged along.

“Eat all you want. I don’t want the food to go to waste.” Yixing smiled and sat down beside Chanyeol.

“Luhan, ahhh~” Jimin picked up a cucumber and attempted to feed Luhan.

“I don’t eat cucumber.”  He said coldly as he glared at Jongdae for some reason.

I was not in the mood to eat, so I just played around with the noodles in my bowl. I watched as Jimin kept trying to feed Luhan anything she could get off the table while he kept glaring at Jongdae who was enjoying the noodles like a king. Kyungsoo and Sehun were eating quietly while Chanyeol was trying to get my attention uselessly since I wasn’t in the mood. Yixing was also looking around and was smiling because all of us were enjoying his food. Jongin and Hana were talking like a couple. Oh, how I wish these two can be together. They would be so cute!

“Eunhee…” I looked up and Chanyeol. ‘”Do you want a bite of this Dim Sum?”

“Sure.” I bit hard as the filling began to ooze out.

Chanyeol chuckled as he wiped off the excess filling on my lips with a napkin. I was shocked, of course, but I just let him do it since I didn’t know that the filling was dirtying my feature. Luhan suddenly began glaring at me and Chanyeol while Jongdae was softly growling behind me.

“Thanks Chanyeol.” I smiled weakly at him and turned back to my bowl of noodles that still wasn’t appetizing.

“Luhan-ah…” Jimin pouted and poked Luhan’s cheek.

“What?” He turned to her sharply but softened when Jimin looked like she was about to cry crocodile tears.

“Can’t you just eat this?” She pointed at the radish between her chopsticks.

Luhan sighed and ate the radish. Jimin looked really happy and proud at this point. She turned to me, who was watching them, and smirked like a meanie. I frowned and turned away to Jongdae who suddenly grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. I slapped his arm away, and he nuzzled his nose in my neck. Again, I pulled away and leaned closer to Chanyeol who was way saner at that point. Jongdae frowned and pouted at the same time. He pulled me into a hug and kept pecking my head. What bothered me wasn’t his hug- it was the embarrassment I was getting from being too affectionate in front of my friends. Damn you, Kim Jongdae. 

 

~*~

Hello guys~~ A slightly longer chapter because I won't be uploading on Saturday and Sunday because I have to study :c

Anyways... UH OH... Kim Jongdae (a.k.a Chen) is in now... and he's claiming Eunhee as his GIRLFRIEND. what would happen now?

Anyone can guess? Comment down below :3

ILY all and hope you're enjoying the story!