Chanyeol - When you have a nightmare & he plays the guitar

♥XOXO Scenario Collection

 

 

Fidgeting on the bed with your body against the one beside you, you tried to keep your winces and faint murmurs down but it was hopeless - you were once again trapped in a nightmare that didn't seem like it was going to end soon.

One word to simplify the dream - horrifying.

Blood, dead bodies splattered everywhere; two things you could never handle and it was coming back to you again. An incident that took place a decade ago came haunting you again for no reason. The heart racing gundown that took place back when you were just sixteen had you fearfully hiding away from the shooters that had a serious case of mental issues. It was such a touchy thing to talk to you about but even though it's been such a long time since it happened... it would only be easier to talk about it if you didn't lose someone special.

Someone you could finally call your own.

He had protected you, successfully keeping you hidden from the shooter's view but unfortunately...

His luck wasn't as good as yours.

He was shot the minute after he tried to hide himself.

Right in front of you.

His body remained there, lifelessly staring at you with his last breath calling your name out. His eyes rolled back, closing to fall into a deep sleep he'd never wake up from with blood seeping through his clothes,  covering the white floor beneath him while you had your eyes shut, allowing the tears to trickle down as everything felt so real again - the feeling was so simliar that you found yourself being immersed into the unfortunate incident.

 

Chanyeol groggily opened his eyes upon hearing soft whimpers and he felt a drop on his arm that was securely around your waist to minimize your movements on the bed you shared with him. He gulped, opening his eyes properly again just to look down on you where he could only see the back of your head trembling - a silent message had entered his mind in an instant as he leaned forward, pulling you back until you came in contact with his broad chest but that only made you wince.

"Baby?" His dark voice called out for you, shaking you gently but you wouldn't wake up. He felt another drip on his arms, causing him to retreat his arms from your frame, moving away from the bed to walk around it where he kneeled down on your side of the bed just to place a hand on your waist, attempting to wake you up.

"Baby, wake up." He cautiously called out for you and this time, he felt a drip on his hand that was on the bed, by your body where his eyes roamed up to see that you were crying.

"." He cursed, sitting on the bed beside you where he hurriedly shook your shoulders, "Baby, wake up - now." He raised his voice, shaking you a bit harder when you didn't respond. "No no no...!" You sounded so fearful, so scared as you shook your head left and right, finding a way to wake up but there was no avail, poaching his heart as he hated to see you in this state. He was so worried, petrified as he ddin't know what to do but his breath hitched in a second when you shot up from the bed with a sharp inhale of air being in.

The seconds after, you were breathing heavily, hands reaching up to mask your face to cover your tears but he simply tugged you into his warm embrace, constantly hushing you as his large hands your back in circles - making you calm down slowly as he kissed the crown of your head, "Shh... It's alright..." He croaked out unsurely, not precisely confident whether it was really alright but he wanted to believe ti so much.

"I feel so useless, Yeol..." You cried, burying your face into his chest while he shook his head, hugging you tighter when he could easily tell what you had dreamed about.

An incident that had scarred you for years now and being the considerate boyfriend Chanyeol was, he understood it completely as to not talk about it as he continued to rock you back and forth in his arms, keeping you safe while your arms banded around his waist. He slowly made you lie down on the bed with the two of your backs leaning against the bed rest while his arms cradled you in, acting like a shield to keep you secure while you rested your head on his chest, remaining like that for a moment now.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Chanyeol asked cautiously, still trying to figure out how he should approach you but you shook your head almost too soon. "Okay, okay. We won't talk about it." He cooed quietly, a hand rubbing up and down on your arm to keep you warm, "Do you want to go back to sleep?"

You then nodded once and just as he tried to make your head lie down on the pillow, your arms darted out to hold onto the sides of his arms with a small wince. His eyes filled with love assured you that he wasn't going anywhere along with his warm smile, "I'm not going anywhere, baby."

"C-Can you do something for me?" You weakly asked, causing him chuckle lightly, making your head lie down on the pillow as he sat up on the bed, pulling up the blanket to tuck you in with his lips dipping down to kiss your forehead where he murmured on your skin, "Anything."

"Sing me to sleep..." You croaked out in a small voice, causing him to grin, "With my guitar?"

After a minute or two, he was now settled down by the side of the bed, sitting beside you with his guitar on his lap while his hands took his rightful positions on the instrument. "Ready?" He breathed out, a small grin on his face despite the fact at the irregular time to play the guitar but for you, he would do anything.

Even if it means playing the guitar to sooth you to sleep with his voice at 4 o' clock in the morning.

His fingers expertly plucked on the strings, creating a soothing tune that wrapped around your heart as he started a familiar song. It coaxed you all over with sweetness, making you snuggle in the bed with your head tilted to the side on the pillow to get a better view at him. His eyes occasionally glanced at you as he plucked, attempting to make you feel better with the loving eye contact and honestly, it was all working.

It all fell into place when he started singing.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go,"

His eyes were locked with yours, singing with all he got in the softest, warmest voice he had.

"When all those shadows almost killed, your light..."

You blinked, eyes slowly getting heavier as you wanted to listen more but your body wouldn't allow it. Your heart started to return to it's normal pace, causing you to shift on the bed comfortably when his singing and his voice had effects on your body.

He had his heart smiling inwardly.

"I remember you said, 'don't leave me here alone',
 But all that's dead and gone and passed, tonight..."

He switched up his playing method, strumming the guitar with his index finger and thumb.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down,
 You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now,"

In that moment where he had reached to the end of the chorus, he had you hypnotized, eyes fluttering shut completely with a small purr of appreciation when you had fallen back into your deep slumber. Dreaming about the happier things in life now - the happy moments that you shared with him had started projecting in your mind when you entered dreamland - it brought a wide smile to his face as he finished playing.