Chapter 8

The Pink Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The smell of walnut encased goodness is filling the streets as I exit the subway station in my college town, but for the first time since I have gotten here, I don't feel the urge to buy the street venders out for all that they have made.

I walk by without a second thought and do not feel any pain as the normally biting night time wind blows against my cheeks. It simply reminds me that I am still firmly planted on earth.

I lift a hand to my cheek where the breeze had tickled it and rub it gently with a smile. As I listen to my feet clicking on the sidewalk as I walk towards my dorm, I can't help but continue to think about the events that have just transpired. 

TOP…Seunghyun. My idol had just taken me to see the movie I have been waiting to see for an entire year. He bought me a ticket…no, he bought be five rows of tickets, all of the snacks available, and with a cute little chuckle, he gave be 2,000 won for my subway ride home. 

He's not a jerk. He's a normal, nice guy. Well, as normal as a celebrity can get-and he likes my company! Me!

I didn't know what to even think when he handed me the two blue bills after he walked me to the subway station. It was such a ridiculous gesture that I couldn't even turn it down. And now here I am, walking to my dorm thinking about how great it felt for him to put his arms around me, about how instantly my overactive tears glands dried when he did just that. I'm walking, thinking about how I expected Seunghyun to simply take me to a movie for what I assumed was something completely platonic even though he went about asking me in the weirdest way, and somehow ended up holding my hand with every opportunity that he could find. I'm walking thinking about-

"Hey! Get in!" I hear a now completely familiar voice shout. I stop in my tracks and turn towards the voice and find a black BMW with tinted windows pulled over next to me. One of the back windows is rolled down and Seunghyuns arm is resting in the opening. His head on his arm and for the second time tonight I can finally see his glowing smile. "Get in…" he says again.

"Why? My dorm is right up the road,"

"Just get in," he says with a childish laugh. I roll my eyes with a smile and walk towards the car. He pushes the door open, slightly leaning out of the car to do so and then backs into the car to make room for me.

"Why did you make me take the subway if you were just going to follow me home?" I ask him while sliding into the car and shutting the door, turning to face him. 

"I thought it was fun to walk you to the subway station. I haven't done that in eight years," he says like it's nothing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter