Chapter 26

The Pink Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Though Dean is being held by the authorities at the moment, that doesn’t stop Seunghyun from staying at the house with me. I wanted to pick my mom and Sean up from the airport in person but he refused. He’s right too; it still hurts when I move too much.
     I’m not used to the whole “stay in bed and rest” type of lifestyle. Don’t get me wrong, I’m just as lazy as the next person but after two or three days you start to go a bit stir crazy…even if your celebrity boyfriend has been smothering you with attention the whole time. 
     We sat in silence for about fifteen minutes after Jiyong left the house. Idols aren’t always everything they tend to display to the world but Jiyong’s obsession with his ability to do anything with his money is actually true. He even assumes he can decide how the criminal justice system treats my case. We’re not even that close either. I’ve only ever really spoken to the guy about three times. Maybe he just likes the challenge. I’m an adult so I’m sure I can learn to deal with anything they eventually decide on, but if Jiyong actually pulls through on this, I won’t be upset but it will however, prove to me that rich people can do anything with their money. He’s probably on his way right now to whoever is in charge of that stuff to give them an “offer they can’t refuse”. I can’t really complain I guess. Who else can say that G-dragon threw down a bunch of cash for their safety. It all just seems so surreal. I guess I won’t get too comfortable, I might wake up from this some day.
     Seunghyun stares down at me, twirling my hair in his fingers with a smile. I keep my face close to his stomach and trace my fingers absentmindedly across it, feeling him through his cashmere sweater.
     “I’m nervous,” I say, breaking the long but comfortable silence.
     “About what?” his voice is soft and comforting. This whole situation has really changed our relationship. He is so gentle with me now. Not like he wasn’t before, but when we are close like this he treats me like a small fragile animal. It’s just so comforting and like I had said in the interview where we told our fake life saving story, I feel safe. Somehow, if someone were to try to hurt me, Seunghyun’s gentle fingers caressing my hair and face would be enough to save me. The tingles that tickle though my body when his long fingers slide up against my scalp and then sift through my hair would create a barrier between me and anything that tried to hurt me. I know this isn’t true, but facts are not enough to destroy my happy fiction.
     “My mom is going to freak out when she gets here if she hasn’t already lost her mind on the plane,”
     “What makes you say that?” he says without a worry to be heard in his voice. He bends his head down to look at me and pushes my bangs up and away from my eyes and smiles softly down at me.
     “Her kid was stabbed, Seunghyun. How would your mother react if you almost died and you were thousands of miles away? I’ll be lucky if she ever lets me come back here again,” I say to him.
     “You raise a good point. Want me to ask her?” he asks.
     “It was just an example,” I say with a smile.
     “Well, she’s coming over in a few so we can find out when she gets here,” he says, shocking me.
     “What? Seunghyun! I can’t meet your mother like this!”
     “Well she wants to meet you. How would your mother feel if she found out that your boyfriend she didn’t know about got stabbed and suddenly your relationship was plastered all over the news,”
     “You told her about us before this happened,” I say, rolling my eyes. “We’ve already been plastered all over the news,"
     “Well still-she hasn’t met you yet and she wants too,”
     I can’t really argue with that I guess. She is his mother. “She’s going to meet my family!” I say, the thought suddenly running through my mind. 
     “She’s the one picking them up,” he says. “They are probably enjoying each others company right now,” 
     “Seunghyun! Are you crazy? You remember Sean is coming don’t you?”
     “What’s wrong with Sean?”
     “What’s wrong with you!?”
     I hear absolutely no hint of concern when he knocks his head back and laughs. “I like your mom and your brother, maybe you should give t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter