Chapter 6

The Pink Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I told Annie that he was fifty and a ert. She didn't ask any more questions and she was actually the one who called out a taxi before I even recommended we go back home. It was one in the morning and subways stop around midnight.

We got in and I suppose she became very concerned because I wasn't talking at all. I hadn't realized I was staring out the window and drumming my fingers on my knees until she broke the silence.

"Are you alright? Did he do anything to you?" she asked.
"No,"
"No, you are not alright or no he didn't touch you?" she asked, sounding even more concerned.
"Oh, God. Sorry. No. I'm fine," I responded.
"Okay," she said, looking at me skeptically. "If you are lying to me then I swear-"
"I'm not lying to you!" I snapped.
She got the message then. She sank back into her seat and we drove the rest of the way in silence. I didn't mean to be so blunt to her, but heck, you would have been blunt too if you had experienced what I went through to.

I took my heels off the moment I entered the dormitory, not caring who saw even though no one was there to see. I stumbled into my dorm room and climbed up to my bunk bed. Luckily, I drifted to sleep within minutes, though I'm still not sure how I managed to do that.

.                              .                       
       .

Well, it's November 11th. Peppero Day! My plans for the day, you ask? Well, on this day where boys and girls give their significant others peppero as a sign of their affections, you better believe I have awesome plans ahead of myself. You know-like going to Cafe Bené with my room mate to order waffles and ice cream covered in chocolate syrup to eat while we sulk over our lack of boyfriends.

Thats right. I'm still single.

"Boys are going to love you so much!" my friend told me before I left. "You're blonde!" Considering she's korean, I assumed she may have some merit to her words. "You have to get a boyfriend there. To practice your Korean!" she said.

I told her I would and that I would find her one too.

I haven't made good on either promise yet.

So here I am, standing in front of the glass showcase searching for the perfect waffle and ice cream combo. 

"Do you want the one with strawberries or the…what is that? Almond powder? Or wait! That one is cookies and cream themed! Oh God!" I ramble in my Peppero Day fueled depression. "How about we get two and we split both!" I say.

"I thought you were done eating bread…" Annie says to me. 

"Not today! Today is a special day. My heart is so filled with love and happiness. I'm feeling very generous. You know what? We're getting both the cookies and cream and strawberry waffle. It's on me!" I say while taking my credit card out of my wallet and proceeding to order with a big smile. 

"11,500 won please," the girl behind the register says to me. I wonder how she is enjoying her Peppero Day here at work. I'm handed a buzzer and Annie and I find a table to sit at. We set our things down and I make myself home in one of the extremely comfortable seats they have. 

"I'll be right back, I need to use the washroom," she says and then I'm alone. Hey, I didn't spend 11,500 won on waffles to have my room mate ditch me. I thought I was buying her company! I sink further down into my seat as I realize that I am being ridiculous. Man,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter