Chapter 18

The Pink Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     “I love you, Amelia” he says to me, his face completely serious. He stares into my eyes as if he is trying to see my soul and every nerve in my body is simultaneously exploding. The message is not computing. Theres an error message reading behind my eyes. There is no possible way he just said that.
     Then I think, why do I think that there is no possible way? He came to America for me for heavens sake! Why do I feel like I’m dreaming and any second I will wake up and realize we were never even dating?
     Am I really that messed up because of Dean that I think it is impossible for someone to love me? The one guy I ever really liked left me without any reason or good-bye. Is that a big enough event to cause me to be feeling this kind of disbelief?
     “Amelia, say something please,” Seunghyun coaxes me, his hands on my shoulders now. He has now pushed me away a bit so he can look at my entire face. His thick eyebrows are knit together and I know I have been keeping him waiting but all I manage to say is, “R-really?”
     “Yes, really! How does that…make you feel?” he asks, now sounding less confident. “Say something,”
     I pull him towards me, putting my arms around his waist, his arms fall to wrap around my shoulders. I press my face to his chest and hear the shouts and hollers and overall joy in the air all around me. He loves me. He said he loves me. I feel his hand tangling into my hair now, running his fingers through it calmly. I press my face into his chest now.
     “I…love you too,” I whisper into his chest.
     Feeling my mouth move, he leans his head down a bit. “What?”
     “I love you too,” I whisper into his chest again.
     “God Amelia, you really know how to keep a guy waiting,”
     I lift my face up, giving him a shock and he brings his head back up. “I said…’I love you,’” I say a bit louder this time, but regardless, he can read my lips.
     “Oh my God! Amelia, what took you so long?” he says with a single hearty and jovial laugh and he holds me tight to him and it’s hard to breath. “I love you so much, do you know that?” he asks me happily.
     I lift my chin up on his chest, looking up at him with a smile. “But I don’t know why,” I say, still smiling. I feel like I am floating on a cloud and the only thing keeping me from falling through are Seunghyun’s arms wrapped rightly around me.
     “You don't kn-…you don’t know why,” he repeats my words incredulously while looking to both his sides as if looking for an answer to my obliviousness. 
     I really don’t. That, however, doesn’t keep the smile from fading from my face. This moment is so magical and although I’m in disbelief, I refuse to let it cloud my moment.
     “Come on,” he commands, sliding his hands down from the embrace he had me in to hold my hand. He pulls me gently through the crowd and eventually we he leads me to a nearby hotel. Once inside, my entire body seems to melt. I had no idea that my body had been so numb from the bitter coldness outside until I felt the heat of the building.
     This place is extraordinary. The walls are almost golden in the hue of the massive chandeliers hanging from the roof. We are greeted by two men in tuxedos. It’s almost one in the morning! 
     They take my bag and lead us to a room on the top floor without even asking our names. They know who we are. We’re staying the night?
     “Can we do anything else for you tonight sir?” One of the men ask him.
     “No. That will be all. Thank you,” and he bows slightly towards them and they leave us after handing him the room key. I stare up at him waiting for an answer.
     “I bought us a room for the night,” he says, removing his jacket and laying it on his arm. "I hope this is alright with you. There are five rooms in the suite so you have all the room you need.If you aren’t comfortable with this, I will rent another room for myself though,”
     “No!” I say almost too quickly. “I mean…it’s okay. Like you said, it sounds pretty big in there,” I say quietly. He slides the room key into the slot and the electronic reade

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter