Chapter 22

The Pink Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It didn’t take much longer for him to pick me up and into his arms. I thought it was a bit much, even after he carried me over the broken glass, however I didn’t complain and settled for nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck and letting my arms dangle over his shoulders, my hands occasionally playing with his messy hair. The skin on his neck is exposed more than I have ever seen before due to the t-shirt he is wearing, bare arms and all. He is even wearing basketball shorts. I never thought I would see this in my life.
     “What’s with your outfit?” I turn his question back on him as he walks us into his living room. He takes a seat in his black leather recliner and I rest on his lap. 
     “I was supposed to have dance practice with GD today but I guess that’s not happening,” he says. “Now I’m just embarrassed,”
     “You shouldn’t be,” I say, rubbing my hands down his bare arms. His skin is so smooth under my fingers and he stiffens, making me stop my hands at his elbows. 
     His leans his head forward now, resting his forehead on my shoulder. “I’ve missed you so much,” he mutters into my skin. My lack of sleeves makes this skin on skin contact almost unbearable after not seeing him for so long. I’m sure it would have been hard enough to handle back when everything was fine but now it’s even more intense. “I’m so sorry I haven’t called you. I couldn’t bring myself to hear your voice when I knew I couldn’t see you…” he says, now lifting his head and looking into my eyes. “That, and I’m pretty sure the company is monitoring my calls and text messages.” He looks so vulnerable. No one should have to live their life like this.
     “It doesn’t have to be like this,” I whisper, afraid that he might shatter. 
     “I wish I could tell you that I could fix this. I’m a failure,”
     My eyebrows crease at his extreme words. “No, you’re not Seunghyun! We just need to work together and everything will be fine,” I say.
     “How? Tell me what your plan is Amelia, because I am really interested,” he says with a tinge of annoyance and sarcasm in his voice.
     He’s right though. I can hear it in his voice that he doesn’t actually believe I have a plan. I don’t, so I don’t say anything. Instead, I lean against him, dropping my arms from his neck and wrapping them around his waist between him and the leather of his chair. I sink into him, resting my head on his shoulder and his presence makes me feel so safe despite our seemingly solution-less problem. My legs curl up and now I am so small on his lap. He caresses my back with one hand and gently rubs my legs with the other, trying to comfort me. 
     “I called Dean. He took those photos,”
     “Yeah, you assumed so before,”
     “His family works in the media,” I say quietly.
     “That explains a lot. But why would he do this to us?” He asks desperately, because he has absolutely no clue.
     “Seunghyun, I used to see him,” I say.
     “I figured as much,” I can tell by the tone of his voice that he doesn’t want to be having this conversation but he knows he has too.
     “I didn’t give him what he wanted and he left me for his ex-girlfriend-“
     “What did he want?” he asks innocently, sitting up a bit. He really doesn’t know? I guess I was a bit vague, but with a simple look in his direction it clicked. “Well, I’m still going to stand by what I said and say that I’m really glad you didn’t,” he concludes and leans back into his recliner waiting for the rest of my story.
     “Well, his ex-girlfriend did. Some bad things happened, and it was really embarrassing for him. When I found out-Oh God Seunghyun! I’m so stupid!”
     “What? What did you do?”
     “I told some of my friends. I thought it was so funny. He hurt me, and then that happened to him. I love karma. Well, I guess even more people found out and when it got back to him and his ex-not-ex-girlfriend…they broke up. Again. He says I ruined his relationship. So what does he do? He ruins mine. Seunghyun it’s all my fault!” I cry out. 
     “Well, he hurt you again and I don’t like him at all,”
     “I just find it so funny. I mean-he wants to be a musician, and he goes and screws up a potentially awesome connection.  I mean, is he stupid?”
     “He want’s to be a musician?” 
     I let a bubble of air pop from my lips. “Yeah, he never used to stop talking about it,” I say, annoyed at any thought of him. Having this conversation makes me realize that Dean only ever talked about himself.
     “I see,”
     “What are you thinking about?” I ask.
     “Oh, nothing. Something for another time,” he says. 
     “Seunghyun!” 
     He laughs. “It’s nothing!” and he sounds so lighthearted, just like he used too, his dimples growing so deep and I can’t believe how much I have missed his face. All of our problems escape me and all I want is to simply spend time with him. I loosen my arms out from behind him and slide off his lap, taking his hands. 
     “Teach me to dance!” I say, excitedly, pulling him up and off of his recliner.
     “I don’t dance,”
     “Yes you do. You’re just lazy,”
     “That hurts me,”
     “Destroy my relationship then,” I say jokingly, but his smile disappears. My heart starts beating out of my chest. I have always dealt with my problems by turning everything into a joke, but it works for me…not Seunghyun. “I…”
     “No, it’s okay. Coping mechanism, right? I have tons of them,” he raises our hands and coaxes me into a spin. “So what would you like to learn, my lady?” he says with a graceful bow. 
     “Ringa Linga!” I say excitedly, knowing full well he has absolutely no clue how to do Taeyang’s intense dance.
     “I can’t do that and you know it,” his smile is back with full force and I feel more at ease now. We both want to throw this problem away for a moment. Neither of us have a solution and for the time being, we just want to have some fun.
     “Fine, teach me something you know then,”
     “Stupid Liar is fun for relieving stress. Want to learn that one?”
     “Do I!?” I say excitedly. 
     “Okay, so first…” 
         He puts his iPod on a dock and uses a remote to click play and turns the volume up loudly. The sound of the song fills the room and he pulls me close against him. He slow dances with me for about fifteen seconds before the song kicks int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter