Chapter 13

The Pink Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


     And I of course am in my footie pajamas, classed up with penguins on the feet. No make up and a high pony tail. I am the picture of perfection.
     It’s only after I analyze my appearance that I fully comprehend the actual fact that Seunghyun is in my house. In America. In my house. In my mom’s kitchen. 
     He removes his shoes and bows towards my mother and then to the table where my brother is seated, some food falling from his mouth. 
     “S-Seunghyun!”
     “Seunghyun? Who’s your boyfriend 'Melia?” My brother says while casually shoving a forkful of pancakes in his mouth. “Looks like one of those guys you keep posting videos of on Facebook,”
     I quickly turn my head to give him a death glare. “Sean, shut up or I swear I will-“ I say quietly through gritted teeth, but I stop myself before I embarrass myself further. 
     “My schedule was cleared for the holidays. The guys are doing solo stuff but I’m not scheduled till after New Years. I was going to ask you to go to Namsan Tower with me but then you told me you were going home. I thought, ‘Well, I’ve never been to the states on vacation before, why not now?’” he says to me. 
     “B-but…” I don’t even know what to say. 
     “Is this okay? If I am intruding I’ll leave. I know I came unexpectedly-I’m sure I can find some work to do in the city or something,”
     “Amelia is this who I think-Amelia this is TOP!” my mom states, backing up to brace herself on one of the counters, never taking her eyes off him.
     “Yeah, mom I know…”
     “Your mom knows who I am?” Seunghyun asks me almost shocked.
     “And you didn’t tell me you knew each other? Why?” she asks, not believing her eyes.
     “Mom, I can explain-“
     “And you didn’t tell her?” he asks, sounding uneasy.
     “You’re dating that guy who sang that song- wait…wait… comono shikki dikki shower! Ha! That’s him!” My brother says excitedly, getting up from his seat. “Dude! You’re dating my sister?” he asks, extending his hand. He’s not a k-pop fan by any means so it surprises me that he remembers.
     “Sean, no!” I smack his hand away.
     “No?” Seunghyun asks, sounding even more uneasy.
     I turn to him quickly, “No, not no! I mean-“ What is this situation? I tug him slightly to the side and try to whisper to him but our kitchen isn’t that big. “I didn’t think anyone would believe me. I was hoping to find a good and appropriate time to tell her,” I whisper. “I kinda thought you would give me some warning if you were to come meet my family…” Instead of responding he stands tall and looks at my mother.
     “If it is okay with you, I would like to be honest and tell you that I am dating your daughter,” he says calmly, but with a hidden edge. “Amelia obviously hasn’t so someone has to,”
     “Seunghyun they wouldn’t have believed me. You have to be reasonable and understand that. I could have sent them a picture but you know as well as I do that that would have been an awful idea,” I say. With that, his face releases some tension and I can see he understands where I am coming from now.
     “I’m sorry Amelia, I didn’t mean to get upset with you,”
     “You’re dating TOP…” my mom says in disbelief. One would think I was lucky to have a mom that actually recognizes a k-pop star when one is placed in front of them but now I am wishing I never got her into k-pop. It would have been nice to have passed Seunghyun off as a normal boyfriend who just happens to be well off enough to afford a last minute plane ticket to America to visit his girlfriend of less than two months. 
     “Y-yes I guess so-look mom. I didn’t mean to introduce him to you like this,” I say, remembering my footie pajamas. “Oh my God!” I run into my bedroom and quickly get changed into a nicer outfit and then realize I left him in the lions den. My brain is not functioning. It’s to early for this! I run back out, redoing my hair into a somewhat more organized looking pony tail. 
     Seunghyun is now sitting at the kitchen table in the spot that I had vacated. A fresh plate sits before him and my mom is spooning food onto his plate. “You must be so hungry! How did you get here so early?” she inquires.
     “My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter