Chapter 5

The Pink Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You go! That's what you do!" is what my room mate says to me after I ask her what the heck I'm supposed to do when faced with a situation like this one.

"But I don't want a one night stand!" I shriek like a child. Really, that is one of the lamest things I could have said.

"Don't worry, if he tries to make you do anything you don't want to do I will be right here. You have your phone, just text me and we can get out of here. Girl, this is Gangnam-this guy could be super rich," she says into my ear as she pushes me up the stairs into the VIP section of the club. She takes the note I got with my drink from my hand and shows it to the bouncer outside the door. He opens the door and Annie all but pushes me into the room. I attempt not to fall over considering my four inch heals and slight drunkenness. A bit of my new drink slushes out and onto the floor, but not enough for anyone to notice I don't think.

I hear the door close behind me, the music now muffled, and I look up from my drink.

"Hey, you spilt a little bit of your drink,"

You have got to be kidding me. "I-I think I have the wrong room…" I stutter and look back down at my drink.

"No, I'm pretty sure thats the drink I ordered," TOP says to me. Would it be wrong to refer to him as Seunghyun? Is that too casual considering I just now am meeting him? Oppa? Oh Jeeze. I roll my eyes in my own frustration. "What?" he asks. Geeze, his English is so much better than I thought it would be. I shake my head to get rid of my insane thoughts.

My gaze lowers from his face to his tie. He hasn't changed since earlier today. His gray suit making the perfect backdrop for this extraordinary tie of his.

He has an arm draped across the back of the white leather couch, a glass of red wine sitting casually on the glass table in front of him. "I hope you like the drink. I don't know what your taste is,"

"I don't really enjoy drinking actually." As soon as the statement left my mouth my face scrunched up in sheer embarrassment. I never cease to impress myself with the amount of embarrassment I can bring upon myself in one day. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. 

"Oh, well thats okay. You don't have to drink it," he says while learning forward, lacing his fingers together and resting his chin on his laced hands as his elbows make themselves home on his knees. He's staring at me.

The awkward silence is killing me. "So…uhm…wow. It's really nice to meet you," I stutter. Why did he call me up here?

"You dropped something earlier today,"

Oh crap.

He does recognize me. 

"Did I?" is all I can say. He straightens up and reaches into the inside of his suit jacket and pulls out a folded piece of paper. 

Oh God. I can feel the soju crawling up my esophagus.

He unfolds the piece of paper and begins to read from it. I stop breathing momentarily as he reads about my love for Myeongdong and why. He finishes with small smile and looks up at me, looking for an answer.

"Uhm. Yes," is all I can say.

"So. You like Myeongdong because G-dragon is everywhere. You like the enormous poster of him on the BSX building. However, I am your favorite," he says, a smug smile growing on his face. "You don't know why you like me so much though. You like bingu TOP, you like Choom TOP...Oh, that's nice," he says and leans back into his couch, draping one long leg over the other.

"I-I do know why I like you," I quickly retort and once again feel the urge to hurl because of every stupid thing I seem to be saying.

"Oh? Care to elaborate?" he says, still with the smug look upon his face. Is he enjoying this?

"I didn't know how to say you are hard working and inspirational. I'm only in Korean Beginners One," I begin. "And I didn't want to go off topic to much. I was just trying to be funny. I still had to talk about what I do in my free time-" I ramble but he cuts me off. 

"Thats fine. I am obviously the background of your essay so all is forgiven," he says with a laugh as he turns the paper to face me, as if I didn't know exactly what was printed on it. "I know who you're true favorite is," I guess since he is fluent in Korean he didn't have such a hard time reading the black font over the black and white photo as I did.

The bass is thumping mutedly outside t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter