Chapter 29

The Pink Tie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     ”Where are you taking me?” I ask while smoothing out the fabric of my dress over my thighs and looking out the window of the car. The road we are on is on a constant incline, if we don’t stop we may very well drive into the sky after a few hours. 
    I my lips in and pop them quietly out of habit breaking the silence. Whenever I am left in the dark about a situation I am in, I tend to do things like this. I lift my hand to the back of my neck and scratch it lightly. He simply looks at me and takes that hand and pulls it back down and between us and squeezes it lightly.  “You’ll see,” he says with a smile.
     I roll my eyes and smile as I lean towards the window and try to see as much as I can. He rubs his thumb over the back of my hand gently and unlocks his seatbelt with his other hand. He slides over to sit right next to me and lifts our hands into his lap. He places his other hand on top and cranes his neck to look out the window with me. “We just keep going higher and higher,” he teases. “You sure you haven’t been here yet?” he asks, surprised.
     “I feel like I would have remembered this hill,” I say. “I’m pretty sure I haven’t been here,”
     “Well…now you are,” he says and the car pulls over. He puts a mask on and I open the door and slide out with him following right behind me. He holds my shoulders firmly and I turn around only when he prompts me too.
     Wow. “Namsan Tower,” I say breathlessly taking in the sight. I have been wanting to come here but considering I met him only about two months into my trip here, I never got to go. He consumed my life now that I think about it. I’ve been quite the busy girl.
     “Yes, it’s so beautiful isn’t it?” he asks. The tower is lit up by a beautiful purple glow, illuminating the darkness outside. Couples are everywhere and it’s an interesting feeling to be around such a couple oriented atmosphere and not feel lonely. I have someone for once and now seeing these couples only makes me happier. I move my hand and bump his lightly. He takes mine into his and weaves his fingers into mine and we look at each other with eyes that speak everything for us and we smile. “Come on,” he says and he guides me through some masses of people up the hill. “Are you hungry?”
     “Not particularly,”
     “Me either,”
     “That’s a new one,” I say and laugh lightly giving his hand a small tug. He quickly grabs the back of my head and pulls me into him, wrapping his other arm around me and gives my head a kiss through his mask as he lets out a noise that sounds like he gets frustrated not kissing me and laughs. 
     He’s in such a wonderful mood and I feel like I am floating on air and I don’t even know why. Everything just feels so perfect, as if it’s only him and me in the world and theres nothing we need to do ever but just be with each other.
     “I’m always hungry for dessert though,” he says and lets go of me only to tug my hand again to bring me through some more crowds and into a small shop. 
     He orders an ice cream and churro combo and I grab his other hand and jump up and down. “Churros!” I shout. 
     “I know!” 
     We are both glowing and it’s like we are five again. 
     The man behind the counter hands the ice cream to Seunghyun with two spoons and we thank him then walk back outside. It has two enormous Churro’s sticking out of it and it’s topped with strawberries. 
     The weather is so beautiful. Sixty-five degrees with a slight breeze. Seunghyun shoves a spoon into the ice cream and picks up an enormous wad of the soft serve and tries to push it towards my mouth. “Are you crazy? I can’t eat all of that,”
     “Open up!” he says and presses the cold ice cream covered spoon against my lips. I have no choice but to open my mouth. When I do he shoves it in and my grin grows so big. I wave my hands up and down begging him to take the spoon away and he does. I manage to swallow the frozen treat and release all of the air in my lungs, grabbing a napkin out of Seunghyun’s jacket pocket and wiping my mouth with it. “Now wash it down with a wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter