What the Heart Wants

Open Relationship; Open to Trouble

 

WHAT THE HEART WANTS

"I'm going to leave anyways."

 

"And then he had the audacity to asked why it isn't enough that he loves me! Why isn't it enough that I love him? Why does he have to bring other into... into us?" Jiwon ranted aloud for the first time. It feels quite great to voice her frustrations. So here she was, drinking soju and complaining to Krystal about her love life at the side of the streets under a tent. Just pathetic

Like her love life.

"Why are you still with him?" Krystal rolled her eyes, taking a drink also while poking at her plate of food with a look of disinterest. Krystal wasn't a bad friend. She's just not a very patient one.

"Because he is a great guy. He's just-"

"He's just what? How are you going to defend him this time? Look, I get it. I get how you could fall in love with him, especially with all the things he did in high school. I think I fell in love a bit with him too seeing how sweet he was with every little thing to get your attention. But that was high school. This is now. I don't get how you could still be in love with Jongin."

"It's Kai now..." Jiwon sighed, unconsciously correcting whenever she hears the word Jongin. Why? Well, Kai has done that to her many of time. 

"Whatever his name is. And you know what? As he changed his name, his heart seems to have changed with it! I mean, it is so obvious that he doesn't feel the same way anymore!"

"Yeah. I guess he changed."

"No he didn't! His heart changed for you but he was always this type of person."

"You don't know him-"

"No, I think I do! I think I seem to know more than you because honestly, I'm not that surprised he asked that of you. I'm just surprised you said yes! Where is the girl who said it is stupid to be so drawn and tied to a guy?"

"She fell in love." Jiwon sighed, admitting to defeat. She knew it is not a great thing what is happening. She knew from the gecko Kai was bad news. She knew she wasn't supposed to expect so much from a relationship with someone like Kai. She knew it was better to listen to her head and not her pounding heart that races even faster seeing Kai. 

But here she was. Knowing but still ignoring. She is currently learning the hard way that it is true 'the heart wants what the heart wants.' Maybe it was Karma? Maybe the heavens are getting back at all the times Jiwon was making fun of those type of girls. Here she was, joining the category of 'those girls.'

"Let's not talk about him anymore. The mood always turn bad when we talk about him. Tell me how your first day at SM was! The modeling agency is known for such attractive guys so since your all taken and whatnot, describe to me all about the eye candy!"


"You talked her into it?!?" Baekhyun scoffed in disbelief. Sehun was chuckling beside too, thinking of the same Jiwon who have somehow became so weirdly submissive. The Jiwon who rejected Kai so mercilessly in high school. From rolling her eyes to even throwing things at him.

"What can I say? She is just that heads over heels in love with me." Kai laughed, thinking back also to the Jiwon who everyone thought of as Kai's 'impossible conquest.'

"How does it work exactly? Sharing an apartment an all?"

"We share one apartment. I still have mine." Kai laughed lightheartedly, as though this was the most simple thing in the world to understand. 

"And you aren't in love then?" Sehun suddenly asked out of nowhere. But he was curious. Sehun isn't the kind of person to be curios, but Jiwon had always been quite an interesting girl.

"I like her. I like her enough to want her beside me. But I don't love her enough to want only her beside me." Kai replied nonchalantly. Kai was always honest to his friends. But to Jiwon? Well, he's simply figured that lying to a girl really is just the better alternative to the truth. So yes, he was lying when he said he love her. To be honest, Kai wasn't sure he even know what love feels like.

"Well it's quite amazing that Kai would want to be with any girl for as long as he has with Jiwon." Baekhyun took a sip from his beer and went back to amusing himself with the turns of events.

"And I think that should be enough." Kai raised his drink and smirked. 

"Is that girlfriend number two?" Sehun nodded to the crowd of people, with one particularly striking girl walking towards them.

"Wow. Which club did you find this one at?" Baekhyun gapped at the tall and beautiful girl walking towards them.

"This one." Kai smirked and pushed Baekhyun to make room for the girl walking towards them. 

"I missed you." the girl wrapped her arms around Kai.

"Mmm." Kai replied and kissed her cheek.

"Sora was it?" Sehun interjected. Again, Sehun isn't a talkative person but he was really curious as to how interesting this Sora girl must be for Kai to have to find a new toy.

"Nice to meet you guys." Sora smiled charmingly.

"Aren't you an SM model?" Baekhyun gasped when he was able to make out her features in the dark light and matched the familiar name.

"It's a part time job of mine." 

"Still. That itself speaks to what a catch Kai has got for himself." Baekhyun flirted, causing Kai and Sora to laugh a bit. One would think Kai would be jealous to see another man flirt, but Kai never understood that petty emotion. Also, Kai's ego would never enable that to ever happen.

"She's pretty. But what else is really there?" Sehun titled his head and gave the girl a judgmental look. Kai and Baekhyun laughed at Sehun's usual bluntness.

"Well, I guess I just have to show you." Sora challenged. One would find Sehun intimidating, but Sora was a model and she wouldn't be a good one if she backed away from one intimidating stare.

"That is assuming you'll be with Kai for long enough." Sehun smirked, slowing becoming interested in Sora. He understood why Kai could be taken with this girl.

"I-"

"SORA! I thought you said you were going to meet your parents so are these three guys your parents?" a man came from nowhere to there secluded table and grabbed Sora by the arm.

"Stop Kris. I can get up fine by myself." Sora sighed and snatched her hand away, earning a couple of smirks from the table.

"Then get up." the man was fuming. Who wouldn't be? His girlfriend was found in a club with a bunch of men. One with his arms around her no doubt.

Sora sighed and gave Kai a smiled before whispering an 'I'll be right back.'


"Kris-" Sora called out when they walked out of the club.

"No! I know that tone of voice. You are going to say something that leaves me speechless to go do what you want."

"And I'm going to anyway so are you going to listen or not?" Sora stopped Kris from walking away any further. 

Kris scratched his head in frustration, but knew he had to look back anyways.

"Look, I don't want to be that girlfriend and I'm not going to. I just-I just think it's better to see other people-"

"What do you mean you don't want to be that kind of girlfriend? You are breaking up with me aren't you?"

"No, I'm not. I think we're both mature enough to see more than just each other."

"No, I don't think we are." Kris decided and Sora just paused, knowing that Kris was a man who needed just a little time. But Kris was also a man who gives into anything for Sora. It was sad really, how much Kris seemed to adore Sora and be willing to do so much for her. 

Sora knew that. Sora knew what a great guy Kris is. But she can't help to always want more. Even perfect isn't enough for Sora. 

"Kris-I think it'll be good for us."

"How?"

"Because if I stay any longer, I'm going to leave anyway. I don't get why it's so wrong to see other people on the side. I'll still be with you!"

"What does that even mean if your seeing other people?"

"It means that I'll still be seeing you! I mean, isn't it better this way? This way, we get what we want from each other and leave the rest to other people!"

"Do you hear yourself?"

"I do and whether you want to hear it or not, I'm telling you that I am going to see other people. It's up to you to decide if you want to see me." Sora told him. "I need to see other people."

"Why? What is wrong with me?" 

"Nothing! That's why! You're boring!" Sora huffed one last time before heading back to the excitment.