To the Person We Though We Knew

Open Relationship; Open to Trouble

TO THE PERSON WE THOUGHT WE KNEW

“Don't Disappear.”


“Thanks for coming with me.” Kai muttered as he opened the car door for Jiwon and gave her a hand. 

“Well thanks for inviting me.” Jiwon joked and took Kai’s hand. She patted her dress down and gave him a smile.

“You look beautiful tonight.” Kai pulled Jiwon closer to him and gave her a sudden hug. 

It was strange. Kai was strange. Jiwon has noted the peculiar things Kai have been doing these past couple of days in the obscene amount of skin ship. But oddly enough, she’s not complaining.

“You look quite dashing yourself. Have I ever told you my kink for a man in a suit and tie?” 

Kai chuckled and continued to hold Jiwon in his grasp and buried his head in her hair, taking in the smell of his shampoo. You’d be surprised in the comfort Kai has found in the scent of his shampoo.

Jiwon tugged Kai’s arm and led him into the building. Kai smiled and held on tightly to Jiwon as they made their way in the room. It was another one of Kai’s work parties, to celebrate the million album sales of something. 

“Didn’t you write this one?” Jiwon poked Kai’s sides when she heard the music that was currently playing.

Kai prayed his attention away from Jiwon and listened to the familiar tune. “I did.”

“I still remembered when you first sang me this.” Jiwon smiled at the memories and hummed. “Even if the world ends, I’ll follow from behind you.”

Kai smiled to himself. It made him happy to know that Jiwon remembered such a little thing. It also puts into perspective how long it has been since they have done anything together. From Kai sharing his music with her to Jiwon sharing her photographs with him. He missed it. He regret not having spent time recently with her. It’ll be the first time Kai would ever admit that he actually regrets something. 

“So please don’t go out of my sight.” Kai whispered too softly for anyone but him to hear and looked down to their entwined hands. “Even when the morning comes, don’t disappear.” 

“Kai!” Sehun pushed through the crowd of people to the couple.

“Sehun.” Jiwon gave a slight nod. 

“Hey, Baek is about to perform. Let’s go.” Sehun placed both hands on Jiwon and Kai’s shoulders and pushed them from behind. 

Jiwon admired Baekhyun from afar as the guy sat down neatly and swept his fingers across the piano. The swooning ladies in the room would never guess that this charismatic guy was someone who hates the smell of cucumbers and had a vocabulary consisted mostly of made up words. Jiwon chuckled lightly at the random memories that played in her mind.

Kai on the other stared at Jiwon with eyes full of curiosity. It was always entertaining for him to imagine just what could be going through that head of hers. Jiwon would laugh to herself randomly, speak her thoughts out loud accidently and mumble under her breath in his sleep. Kai would always feel his heart quicken when Jiwon would slightly whisper his name in her sleep, but lately, Jiwon has been quieter than ever at night.

There are a few habits Kai has picked up on with Jiwon over the years. But something about the pass couple of weeks where the Jiwon Kai thought he knew so well was somehow disappearing. She would usually tilt her head to his way and hold his hand as they listen to Baekhyun sing this song about being in love and such. Jiwon was a romantic like that. But the romantic seemed to engross in her thoughts to pay attention to they guy staring.

It bothered Kai to think that Jiwon was not engrossed with thoughts of him, but possibly of someone else-anything else. That’s Kai for you. He doesn’t need the world to revolve around him; just Jiwon’s world. 


“I think I’m going to Japan for a while.” Sora stopped walking and tugged Kris’s arms.

“What?” Kris who was spacing out for the moment looked at Sora with confused eyes.

“Japan?” Sora tried to smile. “I talked to my dad. He wanted me to take a break from everything that’s going on. Let the fire die down a bit. Father-daughter bonding as he said.”

“Oh.”

“I won’t go though if-“

“No.” Kris shook his head. “I think that’s a good idea.”

“You do?” Sora bit her lips at Kris. The Kris she knew would hug her and tell her not to go.

“Your dad suggested it right? It must mean he is finally trying to look out for you. Don’t go against it.” Kris smiled sincerely. He knew the relationship Sora had with her dad and he was happy to hear that it seemed to be taking a turn for the better. 

“You think so?” Sora nodded and smiled also at the thought. “I’ll call you. A lot. I wish you could come with me. I'll miss you.”

Kris was surprsied to hear such words from Sora. Kris gathered over the years just how much Sora hated to say anything along the lines of 'I miss you.' Kris should be ecstatic. He tried to find the words, ‘me too’ but only a chuckle could come out of him.

Sora noticed but she didn’t say anything of what. What could she say? That she’s bothered he’s not on his knees begging for her to stay? Even she knew that was selfish.

Sora bit her lips and frowned, looking at the distance between the two. They weren’t like this. Kris would usually have his arms around her, and not in his pockets. It would be a lie if she said she didn’t miss that.

Perhaps after Japan, Sora will figure everything out and more likely than not, they’ll go back to the way they used to.

‘Just wait a little more.’ Sora, who was staring at Kris from a distance thought to herself. 


“It’s cold out here.” 

Jiwon steered her head away from the view of the balcony and turned her head towards Kai. Jiwon gave him a smile. “It is.”

Kai nodded and walked towards Jiwon while ing his blazer. She waited for Kai to give her his jacket, but Kai just stayed beside her and played with her hair for a bit. Jiwon will admit, she’s a bit bothered. But she let it go and turned her attention back to the pretty lights. 

“Are you cold now?” Kai asked after wrapping his arms and jacket around Jiwon from behind. 

“No.” Jiwon laughed a bit. Kai had always been someone unpredictable but right now, this moment felt all too familiar. 

“I have an idea for a new song.”

Jiwon turned to Kai with a bit surprised. It’s been a while Kai said that. Ever since high school, Kai would always have to tell someone his song ideas before actually going through with any of them. And that someone had always been Jiwon. But it’s been a couple of month since Kai has talked to Jiwon about songs so she assumed Kai found a new someone. So imagine her surprise to hear that Jiwon became that someone again.

But for Kai, that someone had always been Jiwon. It never changed. He was simply not inspired lately. For Kai, a song he wrote was the words he could never say, words he didn’t even know he himself wanted to say. It’s almost like a push from his subconscious, the only outlet he would allow for his emotions. For a while, he thought he succeeded in pushing them away. But lately, they’re rushing back faster and more than ever. 

“The selfish me who has only thought about myself…” Kai began to sang lowly in parts. “The me who didn’t know how to be thankful for love. To me who thought that the end was the end to the image of you who wanted me to be, I fixed myself everyday. I think my love will continue on forever.”

Jiwon looked to Kai with wide eyes. For all the lyrics Kai has ever recited to Jiwon, this was the first Kai has ever spoken of the word love. 

“Jiwon.” Kai spoke out to break their silence. 

“Yeah?”

“I’m warm right now.”

“Body heat?” Jiwon giggled.

“Maybe.” Kai held Jiwon even closer and sniffed her hair again. “But I think you’re probably the only person with enough body heat to keep the likes of me warm.” 


Weird how I seem to have more subs but less comments lately. I've been thinking if I should go to a review shop, to check how I'm doing. But I want a really good one, not to point out the grammer mistakes. I want ones that really point to the plot if anyone knows of any. 

I want to know from you guys though if my chapters are too long? I tend to lose interest on other updated storys even if they are really good when they're super long and I haven't read it in a long time. i lost so upvotes so i think that might be what's happening. i'm a bit scared to update because of it

don't lose interest now though because things are actually about to happen. 

 

**im not upset with the lack of comments. Lol. I was just trying to put two and two together