Chapter 35: Vulture

Deceiving the Gods
Chapter 35: Vulture
____________________________________________________________

NAME: PARK YOOCHUN
CODENAME: MICKY
AGENCY: NJC

____________________________________________________________

The night sky was streaked with a promise of a new day, but I was always more comfortable in the night anyways. No matter, in the morning or the night, I was still fundamentally alone. If I wanted, I could move back to where Xiah was I suppose, but his naiveté always put me off beat. Instead, I feebly attempted to break the choking silence by whistling the tune to “He’s a Jolly Good Fellow”.

Somehow the sound comforted me… just like the sound of the pathetic little spy who was attempting to trail me, well she must have come from where Seungri was stationed so at least she is a little less pathetic than Styx’s desperate attempt at a “back-up” agent.

“For he’s a jolly good fellow,” I boisterously shouted in the empty alleyway, “that nobody can deny!” The light stepping that had been following me froze, most like shocked at my sudden outburst.

“Isn’t that right, little birdie?” I turned and grinned fiendishly towards the general direction of the sound.

“You…. you bastard!” the words of my second little stalker of the night blended into her voice from years ago.

“Come at me sweet heart,”

____________________________________________________________

“Hey, sweet heart,” I turned and kissed the sleeping girl beside me on the forehead, “I’ll be leaving now.”

This was always my favourite and most dreadful part of any night with a girl. There was a part of me that loved seeing her bare legs poking out between the thin blanket and how her hair was ruffled up in contrast to the perfectly kempt style she would have sported at the club I sneaked into the night before. But still the emptiness started to overwhelm me as always as I pulled my shoes on and gathered my things. Of course it wouldn’t be too bad if I stayed here longer; Yuri was someone I would get together with whenever I couldn’t stand being at home any more. Still, it was always safer to leave before she left.

“Are you going to leave me like this again, Yoochun?”

My hand, which was already reaching for the door, froze mid place.

“Ah, Yuri. Yeah I’m going. It’s been fun as always!”

“Yoochun you… you bastard… you never even noticed did you. I was already three months”

My heart stopped in place. Bile started to threaten its way up my throat.

“Was?”

Yuri just fell back to the bed and lay just as she had been before with her face immersed in her pillow.

And I just left. Just like I always do, and just like I always will.

It’s safer to leave.

____________________________________________________________

My “birdie” as I had christened her lay with her face against the hard asphalt. Her defeat had been quick and simple despite her initial infuriated charge. Now I hovered above her listless body with the same bemused smirk that only the truly dead can wear.

“You...” the girl rebelliously spouted.

“So have any friends hiding around here? You barely got my blood flowing. Such a disappointment.”

“You killed him…. my Helios.”

I heard shuffling behind me, more likely than not it was Xiah and the other boy with the ridiculous name, G-dragon I think, that Styx had protecting the banged up man-boy.

I slowly squatted down and gripped the girl’s hair in a fist and pushed her delicate looking face harder into the asphalt. I moved my head closer to her ear and laughed.

“Helios? Oh I think,” I slammed her head on the ground.

“I might,” and again.

“Remember,” with the third time the girl’s head hit the asphalt she let out a sickening groan.

“Nyx right? The night-sun lovebirds I blew up a while back, well done surviving. But love, I’ve killed much more innocent people without a care.”

I stood up abruptly and kicked the girl aside.

“Hell… that was going a bit too far Hyung…” A hesitant voice called my attention to “G-dragon” and Xiah in his stroller. I was so concentrated on the girl I didn’t even notice their arrival; I should definitely not let myself slip again like that.

“She probably killed, uh what’s-his-name? You know the other guy that was supposed to be in our group?”

“Seungri?!” The boy burst out idiotically before falling to his knees, mourning the death of his friend.

I sighed and shuffled over to the boy to pat his head as a weak form of condolence. The air was still around me and I could hear the every in and out of Xiah’s breath beside me. And the sound of every misplaced rock-

A blade whizzed by my face.

What?

I barely had any time to tilt my head away as thin cut made itself known on my cheek.

I sprung back and protectively swung my arm out in front of Xiah’s wheelchair.

“Maybe it would be best if you go check up on your friend! I mean wouldn’t it be so sad if he was bleeding to death while you sat here grieving?” a voice chirped out happily from the shadows.

I instinctively reached for the gun that weighed down my steps-

Xiah parted his lips as he studied the confliction on my face, “G-dragon we need to leave. We can find Seungri and save him”. I heard the words he spoke but I was deaf to them, instead I was focused on the one girl I had finally been able to give up my own selfish desires for to protect.

And she, she stood there as if she was a delicate bird turned vulture.

“Aura.”

____________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! We know it has been a very long time since we have written. But a promise we shall keep and thus, the story will be completed in due time. Thank you for your support, our loyal readers!

____________________________________________________________

| Always Keep the Faith |