Prologue: Idealistic

Deceiving the Gods

Prologue Part 3: Idealistic
___________________________________________________________

CODENAME: ARES

AGENCY: NIS

“Ready Helios*?” I asked while crouched behind the extremely decorated pillar, ready to pounce when our prey was in sight.


“When you are.” He whispered.


“Ares.” Someone hissed. I cautiously glanced over the marble pillar. Sure enough, our target was there, garbed in a fine obsidian tuxedo, his hands encased in black leather gloves and his eyes hidden behind large sunglasses. Even with his eyes covered, I knew he was striking man, how else would he have bribed the female guards to let him enter this building? “The Minister has escaped. This would be the third time our assignments have been nullified, our objective should be ceased, we need to focus on ridding ourselves of the NIS before we do anything else! I personality don’t want to die.” he continued to walk, falling right in-between the pillars where Helios and I were veiled.


“Now!” Helios yelled. The man shifted his head left and right, seeing us both swoop down upon him. Dropping right to the floor, he rolled out of harm’s way, soared up and booked it.


“Dammit Ares!” he yelled, amusement hinted in his tone. “You could have warned me!” Both Helios and I dashed after him.
“Freeze! In the name of the law, you’re under arrest for –”


“Ha!” He man cried, chuckling, “Do you really expect me to stop?” He does have a point, when has the criminal actually stop when the police tell him too? He was heading towards the window, does he intend to throw himself out of it? A gun shot rang lucid though the already intense atmosphere. “Hellfire!” the man yelled, “You almost hit me!” Also pulling out my gun, I took aim, shooting several at a time. All missing. The man turned and aimed a gun at me, I ducked at the bullets speed pass the space that I once took.


“Nyx!” Helios yelled, skidding over to me. Idiot.


“Keep your eyes on him!” I screamed back, continuing my pursuit.


“Well, it seems as though the NIS is dropping in standards.” The man said, his words clean and unbroken, as if his race is nothing more than a gentle stroll. “Sending two inexperienced lovers to track Mickey down.”


The man then reached the window shoving his shoulder into the glass. Sounds of shattering, falling footsteps and gun shots became one harmony. The man turned raising his right arm, clutched between in fingertips was a small oval ball. A grenade. I froze, grenades are fatal in a 5 meter radius. Helios continued to run. Fool he is going to get himself killed!


“Helios!” I yelled, “Stop he has a grenade.” The man grinned and tossed it.


“Later!” he yelled. Leaping head first out the window. We are about to die.


“Nyx!” Helios yelled, throwing himself at me, he grabbed my arm and began sprinting in the opposite direction. Then, the explosion, the impact of the wind hit me before the crashing of the noise did. The shock sending me head first into the ground. Helios flung himself on top of me, debris scratched my exposed legs and most likely Helios’s entire back.

Chances of survival: Slim.

*Helios: God of the Sun
*Nyx – Goddess of the Night
___________________________________________________________

~ Always Keep the Faith ~