Chapter 1: Uncertainty

Deceiving the Gods

Chapter 1: Uncertainty
___________________________________________________________

CODENAME: POSIEDON

NAME: Kim Hyun 

“Poseidon*” A soprano voice called. I swivelled my chair around. A girl, no older than 19 years old, strode through the door, leaving the tall piece of wood widely open. The aura surrounding her was utterly frightening. Though her hair covered most of her eyes, it was still very clear that they didn’t match – one was pitch black, the other a muted grey, however that wasn’t what caused my concern, it was the upset, no furious glint in them. The absolute lust for blood, the need to put someone’s life out, the utmost desire for bloodshed. Nesoi, this isn’t like her, anger wouldn’t strike her this fierce – unless. “Mickey has returned.” She said impassively.

“Yoochun?” Damn. “He isn’t injured is he?” She gritted her teeth.

“No, he hasn’t been harmed.”

“Ah, then,” I paused, what was the problem? Nothing has happened. “Ritsuka –”

“Don’t use our real names.” She snapped. Furious was an understatement now, as the intent for murder in her rose, suffocating me in her aura. She began to pace, stepping behind my desk and stood beside the large window – wall. I turned to face her. “This is the third failure since the start of your duration as the leader.” She turned to face me, Dear God, those eyes… “Themis’s, Mickey’s and my own mission were all stopped by the NIS. Hades* would have never let that happen!” She nearly shrieked. I have never seen Nesoi so… rash… It was if the fear of losing, and failure damaged her pride to the point where she snapped. “And I have told you, countless times.” Her eyes narrowed. I mimicked her movement. “My tactics have never been unsuccessful before, however did you heed my words? No! You went ahead and made your own arrangements of missions!” she huffed and took up her livid pacing again, finally releasing me from her horrid gaze. Nesoi, as my second in command, you do not have the right to speak to me this way; I'm going have to demote you. Your getting in my way, I need to accomplish a bit more before… “I told you, using poison gas instead of storming in with a gun would be less dangerous and highly efficient, but did you listen? No! You told Ares to make me go in there and shoot him! I nearly lost my life Poseidon! My life!” I smirked, obviously that was what I wanted! “And with the Queen, I told you to wait another day at least if you were going to carry this through, and what did you do? You didn’t listen to me, Themis was killed without completing her assigned task. Not only that but this U-Know character probably alerted his entire organization about us!” I slowly opened the right cabinet of my desk, surely the others would hear gunfire, nevertheless, taking down the right hand man will benefit the NIS greatly, to be compared with killing the leader. Hades, you’re such an imbecile.

“And Mickey!” She continued. “Surely he shouldn’t be the one to carry out such a petty job as killing a mere minister. And yet you sent him out anyways, as if serving him to the NIS!” she paused. Horror struck her face as she realized my plan, smart girl. “It seems as though you were selling all of us to the NIS.” I raised the gun, aiming it right to her temple, she flinched. “Traitor.” She whispered.

I laughed.

“Well, Nesoi, not exactly, I wasn’t ever on this side in the beginning. Ever heard the legend about Zeus*, Poseidon, and Hades?” I said, mock coating my voice. “Do you know who Zeus is?”

“Most likely a codename for the head of the National Intelligence Service of Korea.” She whispered.

“Well, now a days. Exactly. And Hades?”

“The alias of the deceased leader of the Naikaku Joho Chosasitu of Japan.”

“And Poseidon?” She paused. “Exactly, you don’t know. Have you ever noticed how attached these two organizations have become to mythology? Poseidon was the middle brother of Zeus and Hades, Zeus being the youngest and Hades the eldest.”

“If mythology is attached to only two organizations, Zeus personifies the God of the Sky, the ruler of the NIS, and Hades personifies the Lord of the Underworld, the leader of the NJC.” She murmured. “And Poseidon…”

“Poseidon doesn’t have a place to rule here; therefore he took sides with his younger brother, Zeus.”

Her eyes widened. “You were never with us from the start.” I laughed.

“Now, Hades’ death was quite a surprise, and I didn’t expect to become the leader so quickly, however one should take every opportunity they get, and now, mine is to kill you.” I the trigger. “Goodbye Nesoi, Murakami Ritsuka.”

“I wouldn’t shoot her if I were you.” I shifted my eyes over, the gun still pressed against Nesoi’s temple. Behind me, with a gun positioned over my heart, was Mickey, Park Yoochun. “You shoot her, I shoot you. And you won’t be able to walk about alive to tell the NIS any information you gathered from us. And don’t think that your communication between them has worked, every single phone call, every single little word any member of this Agency says is recorded. And anything that could be used against us has been deleted.”

“Well, at least I have the glory of killing her.” I replied back. For my pride, I will die, taking the second in command of the Naikaku Joho Chosasitu with me to the afterlife.

I pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened.

I pulled it again, again, again! Nesoi smiled, and ducked under the gun, I would have punched her, if it wasn’t for the threat still behind me.

“Surprised?” she asked, the anger in her voice was replaced with a full tone of mockery and arrogance. “I had Mickey replace the gun before he left for his mission.” She yanked the gun from my hands. “Didn’t we play our parts well? Going on with your plans, acting as though we didn’t know?” How? She knew what I was up too?
“When did you –”

“When you sent Nesoi after the governor of Italy.” Mickey answered.

“How?!”

“Isn’t it obvious Poseidon?” Nesoi replied. “Of course, I knew nothing of your relationship between the leader of the NIS, and Hades, however, from the beginning, the NJC’s main targets has always been to take down the NIS before beginning to kill the leaders for domination.”

“When you came into power,” Mickey continued. “You ceased all movements against the NIS and began sending out members on these outrageous, extravagant, and elaborate missions. And you sent out two very important members on two insignificant killings.”

“Obviously,” Nesoi finished off “You were announcing the NIS where we were going.” God dammit! How could they!
“Nesoi,” Mickey addressed her. “Should we –”

“Kill him,” she said apathetically. “Styx is now officially in power.” My eyes widened – to kill. Nesoi her heels and left through the door, closing it behind her. My breathing became rasp as I realized my death was coming quicker and less honourable then I would have wanted.

“Rest assured.” Mickey whispered into my ear. “There are definitely bullets in this gun.”

*Poseidon: One of the twelve Olympians, God of the Sea and Storms
*Hades: God of the Underworld, the balance between all
*Zeus: Ruler of all Gods, God of the Sky
___________________________________________________________

PS: Please tell me if this was hard to understand, it made sense in my mind when I wrote it, but then again, when I'm writing I'm never lucid.

~ Always Keep The Faith ~