A Person

Sweet Retreat

Kwanghee just finished his rounds in the supermart hauling with him a huge paper bag. He was walking home when a familiar route seemed to beckon him. He followed that route and at the end he realized that it was still there. The park where he first met that person…

 

¬¬¬¬¬¬Flashback¬¬¬¬¬¬

 

Kwanghee was just 8 when they moved in this new neighborhood. Seeing that there’s nothing to do at home, he sneaked out and went to the direction of the park he saw from the window. He ran as fast as he could and when he arrived his smile reached from ear to ear. He loved parks especially when there’s no one around or at night. He loves to swing at night or hide in the dome* in the afternoon. He went inside the dome and was feeling a bit sleepy when he heard running footsteps and someone tripping.

 

Whoaahh!! Oooffff!…

 

He ignored it but then sobs* like those in ghost stories was heard. He doesn’t like hearing sobs that way since it reminds him of his dead grandma who always tells him scary bedtime stories, so he peaked to know who tripped. What he saw burned the image of that person in his mind forever. It was love at first sight though he didn’t notice it yet. Kwanghee immediately stood up and went near that person.

 

Hey you okay? The person just nodded still sobbing.

Why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere? He waited for the response when that person just pointed at something in front of him.

It was a cake, a squished slice of cake to be exact with lots of toppings of dirt. Kwanghee smiled as a thought passed him.

 

So do you like cakes? The other one just nodded.

If I buy you one will you stop crying? It earned him a stare then a will-you-really-buy-me-one look from the other person.

Just show me where to buy it okay? And that person stuck with him like a gum to a shoe.

 

¬¬¬¬¬¬End of flashback¬¬¬¬¬¬

 

Kwanghee eyed the surroundings and sighedExactly the same as my last visit huh” he mumbled.

His last visit was 6 years ago when he stopped to look at it before leaving for Paris for his apprenticeship.

He sat on the bench near the dome and dug in his paper bag. When he found it he immediately started eating it. He was eating his 2nd favorite food – ice cream. He bought two sticks* – a strawberry coated vanilla and a choco coated vanilla. He was eating the chocolate one when…..

 

(Stomach rumbling)

He looked around. He was sure it was not his since he ate some of the remaining cakes.

(stomach rumbling much louder) Aish~…

Now he was sure it’s not from him but someone in the park. He looked around carefully again and noticed a leg dangling from a hole in the dome. “So that’s where it comes from” Kwanghee thought.

He stood up with the strawberry ice cream and 2 rolls of kimbap in the other hand and went close to the dome and peeked inside. And inside there really was…

 

A person.

 

A/N

Dome - you know those domes on parks that are sometimes made of just steel bars. I'm talking about a concrete dome with holes and big enough that could fit 3 adults.

Sobs - any readers familiar with the L4D witch? If not just search in youtube L4D witch it sounds similar but imagine it being done by a kid.

Sticks - its the kind of ice cream Dong Jun and Siwan ate at a video Minwoos prank here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJlNHJonBkY

 

Well another one done yay!!!!!

Please remember to comment!!!!!