The Leader's Return

Sweet Retreat

Remember the coding

Kwanghee's words

Dong Jun's words

Kevin's words


           "I’m here to greet someone…"   as Kevin faced and bowed to the ground before Kwanghee

 

           "Welcome Back!... Beast-Hyungnim!"

 

            As soon as the name was mentioned, murmurs were heard throughout the room as the lackeys who wasn’t knocked out started whispering to each other while the three knights and Dongjun gasped in shocked. The three couldn’t believe that their leader was the one standing and Heechul just fought with him while Dongjun was shell-shocked at his hyung being the leader of this gang. There were many questions running in their minds when the atmosphere of the room turned scary. It was coming from beast and everyone and I mean everyone even Dongjun became stiff as a board afraid that something will happen if they move an inch. Suddenly, beast went in front of Kevin.

 

            "A pretty bold statement for someone who left before me."  He said facial features devoid of emotion

            "I didn’t leave the clan for good hyungnim. I went on a journey."  Kevin said still bowing on the ground trembling.

            "A journey…. I wonder what kind of journey you had Dragon. An easy one? A hard one? A meaningful one? Or an important one enough that could make you leave the clan on your own accord? Tell me Dragon... because I don’t know if I could accept you back or not."

 

            Beast said each word with increasing sarcasm carrying the hurt feelings they must have felt when he left them. Dragon understood it, who wouldn’t when even though they are a gang they are as close as real brothers but he couldn’t help but feel the hurt as feelings lumped his throat making him unable to speak. Unable to take it anymore he broke into sobs which earned him pitying looks from everyone in the room. This made Kwanghee stop his act and knelt in front of Kevin and held his shoulders causing the other to straighten up still sobbing to look at him. The others gulped while Kwanghee smiled the uneasy aura immediately vanished from the room replaced with a warm feeling of something like a mother’s hug.

           

            "One thing’s for sure… it was a hard journey right?"  Kwanghee said as he touched Kevin’s face tears forming on the side of his eyes.

            "Welcome back…    Dragon."  "Hyungnim!!!"

 

            With that Kevin burst into tears and hugged him bawling in Kwanghee’s chest with Kwanghee his hair and comforting him like a mother. Everyone then felt relieved and happy that Dragon was back. Kevin stopped bawling in mere seconds after that and returned to his old composure and bowed again to Kwanghee. Kwanghee just hit his shoulder and stood up to go face to face with the three knights. He knelt on one knee and put his arm on Junyoung's shoulder.

 

            "It’s been hard on you three. You did a good job holding out to this day. Don’t worry I’ll take over now."

 

            He said that and opened his arms which the three greedily accepted. They hugged like they will not get to hug him again after all, it took them six years before reuniting. An exchange of I missed you and we missed you too was getting to them when Kwanghee turned his eye on a smiling Dongjun. He broke the hug and stood up walking to the location of Dongjun which was near Kevin. Dongjun’s smile faded as he noticed Kwanghee proceeding to his location. He became nervous and because of Kwanghee’s blank face he immediately bowed the way Kevin did. Kwanghee stopped before him and spoke.

 

            "I didn’t know if you are one of us but let me ask you… what are you doing here?"  He said in a flat tone.

            "I… I… I…"  Dongjun’s nervousness doubled at the question and couldn’t think of an answer. Kevin then stood up, knelt beside him and slapped his shoulder. Kevin looked straight at Kwanghee then smiled.

            "Don’t worry Hyungnim. He’s a keeper."  Kevin proudly said that.

            "And why do you say that?"   Kwanghee asked him curiously

            "Because the journey I told you about, they are in them."  Kevin replied courteously.

            "Them?"   Kwanghee asked raising an eyebrow.

            "Yes… them."  Kevin said as two new people entered which earned them curious stares from the others.