New Beginning

Sweet Retreat

A/N

this fic is always in kwanghee's POV unless otherwise noted also colored words like Hello  are spoken while those in black are thoughts happy reading!!


 

Yah! dangsin-eun babo ibnikka? 5x (Yah! Are you a fool? in korean)

 

Kwanghee stirred in the bed but the alarm kept ringing and getting much louder.

Irritated, he got up and shot the alarm off.

 

Yah! I’m not a fool! You’re the fool!  He told to his alarm clock and saw the time 5:30am

 

It was a fine Saturday of spring with only a little snow remaining on the streets and the air getting warmer by the days. A week already passed with him doing general cleaning or waiting for the repair crews to finish repainting and repairing whatever needs repairs. I guess it’s time for the start he mumbled preparing the bed then went to the shower. He went to the kitchen, cooked and ate breakfast, then started preparing things for the sweets he chose to make. He already has a schedule in mind - wake up 5:30am start at 6:00am up to 10:30am open the stall by the window 11:00am close at 6:00 or when the goods are all supplied out. That is until he can find the help he needed for the café.

 

Time passed and it was already 11:15am and Kwanghee is already putting the goods to display. An old lady came up and Kwanghee remembered her as an old patron. The grandma has a granddaughter that like sweets, like his old friend that’s why they became patrons of the old master.

 

Annyeonghaseo halmeonim! Kwanghee greeted when the old woman was nearby.

 

Omo! This shop is open again? Replied the grandma

 

Deh! I’m the new master Kw… Jang imnida! Welcome to Sweet Retreat!

 

Oh… you changed the name. Are you somewhat related to the old master?

 

(deh! Kwanghee thought but preferred to tell another) Aniyo… I’m just a close friend of the old master. When I heard he wants to close shop, I decided to buy this place from him. I just came back from Paris. And please give this to your granddaughter she will be pleased.

 

Omo! You came from Paris! Your sweets should be a treat! I know she will. But how did you know?

 

The old master told me about the regulars and told me about you and your granddaughter. Please do tell I’m open now so I can have more customers.

 

Oh! Don’t worry about that there are many schools around this place and I know surely students will notice your shop and even business people. Let me give you a tip though for the best effects for customers do not hire females okay? As people who walk here are mostly females. She told Kwanghee with a knowing smile. Well I should be going now my granddaughter is waiting for me. Thanks for the cake! I’ll be sure to come back.

 

True to her words many females and couples noticed the open sign and Kwanghee became busy. By the end of the day only a quarter of the third batch of cakes was left. Not bad for the first day! he thought. After cleaning the place he went to the stockroom and found he will be short of a few ingredients. I guess I should restock first… Kwanghee said as he went to his room to get his wallet then locked the café to go to the nearest supermart.


Again sorry for the boring chapter but i wanted to see Kwanghee changing to his environment. Don't worry i'll promise to keep the other chapters more interesting.

 

please forgive me i'm still new thanks! please do comment