Chapter 4

Like Water

Chapter 4

 

Yeseo.
Age 18.
Likes the colour red and black.
Has the confidence higher than Mount Everest.
She could be considered Miss Korea seeing how blindingly beautiful she was.
Liked to swear a lot but you’re trying to help her control that habit.
And very persuasive. Like, GODDAMN SHE CAN EVEN PERSUADE YOU TO KILL YOUR OWN PARENTS.

 

And because of that, you were forced to call Mr Lee and tell him to pick you up a little later while you joined her, that boy who seemed to be experienced-in-dating-older-women Jongin and of course, Mr Park-a-Dork. The four of you decided to watch a movie, well, Yeseo wanted to watch it and the rest of you had no choice but to oblige.

 

It was of course, a sappy love story. Now, despite your friend’s fierce, sassy and strong appearance, she’s a er for romance. That explains why she gets cheated on once in a while. Okay not once in awhile, more like, all the time. Because she just falls into love so quickly. And that was also why you didn’t like romance.

 

Both couples sat separately. Yeseo and Jongin sat near the front row because ‘that’s where you’ll get to feel the love’ claimed your best friend. While you and Chanyeol sat at the back. While the movie was playing, you sneaked a peek at your friend and notice how casually that Jongin dude did the I’m-Yawning-So-I’ll-Stretch-My-Arms-And-Rest-It-On-Your-Shoulder move. You scoffed and rolled your eyes.

Beside you Chanyeol chuckled and ate a handful of popcorn. You blinked at him.

 

“What, you don’t think that’s romantic? I thought girls like those kind of things.” He looked at you and gave you a creepy grin, the light from the screen reflecting on his teeth and blinding you by a little. He then started to get a little cheeky and was about to attempt what Jongin did but you elbowed his ribs again.

 

“If you dare to lay a finger on me I swear you’ll never see the light of day.” You muttered under your breath.

 

 I just want to go and swim already. Actually, I just want to be away from all these people.

 

You heard Chanyeol chuckle and he nodded. “Fine, fine. Hey, why don’t we go do something else? I don’t like these kinds of movies either, let’s go do something else.” He whispered. You smirked and look at him.

 

“Great idea. I’ll go home and you can go to another country and leave me alone.” I’ll text Yeseo an apology later. You reminded yourself before standing up and making your way out from the theatre.

 

Yes, freedom! Pool, just stay where you are, mama’s coming home!

 

“Uh uh uh, and where do you think you’re going?” You hand was pulled by a strong force, causing some of the loose strands of your hair to come off from your ponytail. You looked back to see Chanyeol waving his finger at you. Like a mother scolding a child. You glared at him and pulled your arm back.

 

“Yah, what’s the big deal!” You retorted.

 

“ ‘Yah’?! Hey, I’m older than you! So it’s oppa to you young lady.” He folded his arms and stuck his tongue out.

 

Sure sure you’re the older one.

 

You ignored him and whipped out your phone, already typing your text to get Mr Lee to pick you up but Chanyeol snatched your phone away and being such a big gigantic dork that he is, his arms were too high up for you to reach your phone. He smiled triumphantly, seeing you suffer.

In the end you gave up and puffed your cheeks. Stupid crazy looking basta-

 

“Let’s make a deal. You’ll accompany me for the rest of the night, and by the end of it, you’ll get your phone back. Deal?”

 

“How about I accompany you and you leave me alone for the rest of my life? Deal?” You talked back.

 

Chanyeol laughed and kept your phone in the front pocket of his jeans. You were about to slip your hand in and get it but he stopped you.

 

“Uh uh, you do not want me to yell now do you?” He was waving his finger at you. You groaned mentally. This dude is a sly one.

 

You folded your arms. “Fine.”  You answered with a pout which Chanyeol thought was cute.

 

He shook his head and patted your phone in his pocket. “Not until the end of the day you hear me? Otherwise I’d be talking to myself and I know you’ll be busying yourself with your phone since you don’t seem to want to talk to me. To anyone for that matter.”

 

Sigh. Why does he have to be such a pain in the ?

 

He clapped his hands seeing how you seemed to be giving in and started walking out from the cinema. You lazily dragged your feet behind him, scowling and shooting daggers at him from the back. Oh how you wished those daggers were real.  He suddenly stopped walking and whipped around causing you to almost bump against his chest.

 

“What now?” You groaned.

 

“Let’s play bowling.” He displayed his pearly whites at you. Why does he smile a lot? It’s so annoying.

 

“Whatever, as long as I get my phone back after that.” You mumbled.

 

Chanyeol shot you a look but quickly lead the way towards the bowling alley located a few blocks away from the cinema. You rolled your eyes and puffed your cheeks.

 

Looks like this is going to be a long day.

 

 

“Yah, haven’t you played bowling before? You ! Like, seriously I think a toddler could beat you!” Chanyeol was laughing whole heartedly beside you, clutching on to his stomach as he did so. You folded your arms and just kept walking.

 

It wasn’t my fault that the ball weighed like an elephant. It’s a stupid sport anyway.

 

“That was the easiest game of bowling I’ve ever had.”

 

“Yeah yeah yay you, now can I please get back my phone? I kept my promise to go to the ty bowling alley with you, it’s your turn to keep your part of the deal. Now hand it over.” You raised your hand at him.

 

“Fine, party pooper.” He pouted and reached into his pocket. Before he did anything funny again, you quickly snatched it from his hand.

 

“I heard that you know.” You your heels and walked away from him as fast as you could.

 

Mr Lee, come pick me up, I’m at the bowling alley a few blocks away from the cinema.

 

I’ll be there in five minutes. -Mr Lee

 

You sighed and shut your phone before keeping it in your pocket. The sky was already getting darker and the streetlights were already lit. Great, looks like the pool would have to wait until tomorrow.

 

“Why don’t you talk much?”

 

“HOLY SHI- YAH, DON’T SCARE ME LIKE THAT! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL HERE?!” You clutched your chest feeling as though your heart was gonna explode out from it.

 

“I told you, it’s Chanyeol oppa. Come on, repeat after me. Chanyeol oppa.” He smiled goofily at you. You scoffed and turned the other way.

 

Just then, as though the heavens have heard you, Mr Lee pulled up the car at the side of the road and opened the door for you. Finally. You puffed your cheeks and quickly went in before Chan-derp could say another sentence to you. You just wanted to go home, take a shower and dip your feet in the pool.

 

“Had fun Young Master?” Mr Lee smiled at you through the rearview mirror.

You rolled your eyes at him. “Best day of my life.” You said sarcastically before he drove the car, leaving Chanyeol standing at the sidewalk, as the car slowly disappeared into the traffic.