Chapter 28

Like Water

Chapter 28

 

 

The ride to Kyungsoo’s villa in Busan was like hell. It seemed as though bringing both Baekhyun and Yeseo along was a bad idea. The two of them wouldn’t stop bickering with each other. They made so much noise on the bus that a few times the bus driver even had to come to the back where we were sitting and tell us to quieten down or he’d throw us out. You and Chanyeol thought that by sitting between the both of them the bickering would stop, but again, the both of you were wrong.

 

Baekhyun would shoot glares at Yeseo and mumble curse words under his breaths. And when you go to the rest stop, you thought you could finally have a peace of quiet mind but the both of them just had to create more trouble.

 

“Why should I buy it for you?”

 

“Well excuse me Miss. You’re the one that pushed me and cause my ice-cream to fall on the cold hard ground. You owe me.”

 

“That’s not fair, and besides, I already told you it was an accident. Don’t be such a wimp, will you? And God, it’s only an ice-cream! What are you, twelve?” Yeseo rolled her eyes as she took a bite of the blood sausage she bought from one of the stalls at the rest stop.

 

Baekhyun gawked at her response and looked towards Chanyeol for help. Chanyeol was standing between the both of them, trying to stop the fight and he looked at you helplessly. You sighed and dragged your feet towards them.

 

“Can the both of you stop being so annoying?! For goodness’ sake, people are looking at us and I don’t think the bus driver would want us to board the bus again if the both of you are going to be such annoying little brats!” You said in a stern voice which made the both of them quiet.

 

You puffed your cheeks and your heels. You kept on walking and didn’t look back. It was the first time you actually blew your top at someone, especially with Yeseo. You had to admit, you felt a little guilty afterwards but who cares, they were being such a nuisance. Just then, your stomach growled and you stopped walking. All that scolding had made you hungry. And at that moment, a hand offering you a cup of rice cakes appeared in front of you. The owner of the hand was none other than Chanyeol.

 

Wow, it’s like he heard what I was thinking…

 

“I heard your stomach sang the national anthem of its people and thought maybe you were hungry. “

 

Your body stiffened from embarrassment and he started to laugh.

 

“I’m just kidding. But you do look hungry though. Want some?” He smiled at you.

 

You rolled your eyes at him but took his offer anyway. The both of you then took a seat on one of the benches at the rest stop.

 

‘What happened to the both of them?” You asked between bites.

 

“Well, your friend finally gave in and bought Baek a hotdog bun and they’re now sitting in the bus. I’m really sorry about Baek. He can be quite…temperamental at times.” He looked at you apologetically.

 

You just nodded and chewed on your food. “Yeseo can be a little…annoying too.” You sighed and stared up at the sky.

 

Chanyeol looked at you and chuckled. “Looks like we have to keep those two under control then huh?”

 

The both of you sat here until you finished your food before heading back to the bus. What took you by surprise was that Baekhyun and Yeseo were seated side by side. You looked at Chanyeol with a confused expression and found out that he had one on his face too. The both of them saw you and pointed to the other side, asking you and Chanyeol to sit together before they started whispering secretively to each other about something. You raised your eyebrows and took a seat at the other side of the bus at the back. Chanyeol followed you and sat at you side, eyeing his best friend.

 

“What the hell just happened?” He leaned in and whispered to you.

 

You shrugged and stared out of the window. “Beats me.”

 

It couldn’t possibly be because they…like each other right? No, no way. Yeseo likes Kyungsoo. That’s why she agreed on this trip in the first place. Then, Baekhyun likes her? But he was cursing her the whole time just now. It couldn’t be.

 

You thought hard. Something seemed fishy and you just knew that Baekhyun and Yeseo might be plotting something, but you didn’t know what it was. The rest of the ride to Busan, you slept in the bus, your head leaned against the window. All that part-time work was starting to take a toll on you and you couldn’t seem to sleep well for the past few days. When you woke up, you felt something soft against your cheek. Your eyes slowly fluttered open but you couldn’t move your head. It felt as though something heavy was on top of you.

 

“Chanyeol are you resting your head against mine again? Get off you giant, it’s heavy-“ You whined but was cut off by Baekhyun who was seated next to Chanyeol.

 

“Be quiet will you? Just let him sleep.” He said firmly but from the look on his face, you could tell he was trying to hold in a smile.

 

Yeseo was right next to him and she couldn’t stop giggling. You looked at the both of them feeling suspicious. Just then, you have reached your destination as the bus driver pulled over at the stop. You nudged your elbow against Chanyeol’s sides and he woke up with a jolt.

 

“What-wha…oh, we’re here. Well that was fast.” He said as he started to grab his things before following Baekhyun and Yeseo who were already making their way down from the bus. Your neck hurt like hell because of Chanyeol and you just glared at his back before following him alight the bus.

 

The sun was about to set by the time the four of you had reached and all of you were feeling a little hungry. Just then a limo stopped in front of you and the back window winded down. Kyungsoo’s head popped out from the car and he scanned the four of you.

 

“I didn’t know we were going to have other people.” He looked at Yeseo and Baekhyun.

 

Yeseo smiled and waved her hands at him. “Hi Kyungsoo! Long time no see huh? You have a villa and you dare not to invite me? Rude.” Yeseo joked and Kyungsoo chuckled. You just looked at the both of them.

 

The both of them do seem close. Maybe that was why Kyungsoo didn’t notice Yeseo’s feelings? Maybe he just sees her as a close friend.

 

Kyungsoo then looked at Baekhyun and raised his thick eyebrows at him. “Hey, aren’t you the guy that works in the café?”

 

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. “Wow, I’ve never seen a limo with my own eyes before!” He walked up to the limo and lifted his hand to touch it but held back since he felt as though his touch would damage the car.

 

Kyungsoo smirked and faced you and Chanyeol. Chanyeol was just avoiding eye contact with him and Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes.

 

“I didn’t know Ronald MacDonald was coming along.” Kyungsoo said.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he was about to have a go at Kyungsoo but you held him back.

 

“Could we please just get to the stupid villa? I’m tired and hungry and I just want to lie on a bed right now.” You whined as you folded your arms and looked to Kyungsoo.

 

He raised his eyebrows and opened the door for the four of you. Baekhyun and Yeseo gladly hopped in the limo. Chanyeol didn’t move an inch. It was obvious he was still upset about having to spend the summer with Kyungsoo but then again, it was his idea to have an MT. You sighed and pulled his arm, signaling him to get in the limo. You didn’t know why but you could understand how he felt. You really didn’t want to be there and would prefer to stay in your own room back in Seoul. But you couldn’t help if part of you felt the need to be with Chanyeol. Maybe you were getting too used to being around him that you’d feel lonely even if the both of you were apart for a few minutes.

 

After you got in the limo, Baekhyun and Yeseo started to chat with Kyungsoo. He was talking about his villa and of course, Baekhyun was interested in those kinds of things. Everything about rich people seemed to amuse him, even though he wouldn’t want to admit it. As for Yeseo, she was just happy to be sitting beside Kyungsoo. The way she just stared at him with those eyes, you knew she wasn’t really listening to what he was talking. You shook your head and looked out the window.

 

Beside you, Chanyeol was still sulking and he was just dying to get out of the limo. Being anywhere near Kyungsoo made him feel so suffocated. He kept making faces and you kind of felt bad. It was your idea to invite Kyungsoo in the first place. For him to actually accept that idea was really thoughtful. He just didn’t want to accept you. However, you inviting Kyungsoo was just simply to tease Chanyeol. Now that you think about it, seeing Kyungsoo talk so cockily about his wealth and family business to Baekhyun just made you roll your eyes.

 

How can he be such a cocky jerk?

 

Just then the limo started to slow down and Kyungsoo winded down the window.

 

“Welcome to paradise guys.” He said with a smirk.

 

The limo was driving towards a large building located near the sea. It seemed to be the only building in the area too. Surrounding it was nothing but nature. You could hear Baekhyun and Yeseo let out their squeals of excitement. You have to admit, his villa was kind of nice. Your family had villas too but it’s usually in other countries. Never have you thought that there was such a place like this in Korea. You glanced to your side and saw Chanyeol’s jaw dropped in awe as well. He was impressed by the sight too.

 

The sight of the sea caught your attention and you sat up straight to get a good view of it. The salty air was entering the limo and you breathed in. That familiar nostalgia was starting to appear in you and you thought that maybe your summer vacation wouldn’t be so boring after all.

 

Kyungsoo noticed how you were looking towards the sea and smiled to himself. He knew how much you loved to swim, that was why he suggested staying in his villa for the MT. The sea by the villa was sort of his present for you. A present for what occasion? No idea, but he was just happy to see you looking at the sea with sparkling eyes. He felt accomplished somehow. He made you smile and not that Chanyeol jerk .

 

Chanyeol on the other hand noticed the whole thing. Kyungsoo was staring at you without you noticing. He felt a pang of jealousy in his heart and thought that he should do something about it.

 

“Just you wait Kyungsoo…” He mumbled to himself.

 


[A/N] Ugh what a ty chapter. I'm sorry! i was having the writer's block...I'll be sure to come up with a more exciting chapter next!