・e i g h t e e n

Branded ・ As ・ y o u r s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eighteen First Signs

 

 

Waking up that next morning for school was brutal. Even a nice warm shower hadn't fully woken me up so as I headed my way sluggishly to the breakfast table, I wasn't too concerned by the fact that Myungsoo was, for once, joining us for breakfast instead of merely hiding away in his room.

"You look like you could use a coffee." Dara laughed, sliding a steaming mug towards me. 

I took with with a greatful grunt and sipped the warm liquid groggily, my eyes locked on the porridge infront of me. I was starving. 

"You're like an animal." Myungsoo muttered from across the table, watching me eat with a curled lip as Dara fussed around straightening the house.

"Don't care." I muttered taking another sip of my coffee. "I'm starving and it's not like you can judge me, considering you can actually turn into an animal." 

"Even my Hound eats nicer than you." He quipped, raising from the table to take his bowl to the sink. 

I stuck my tongue out at his back and grabbed my own bowl. As I headed around the table my slippered foot slipped caught on the corner of the rug and I fell forwards, hitting my hip on the corner of the table. 

"Aaaagh!" I cried, barely managing to keep hold of the bowl I was holding as I grabbed my hip with a frown.

Suddenly the bowl in question was ripped from my hands as I was then grabbed by Myungsoo, who deposited me down on the sofa gently. I watched in silence as he knelt down to my height and looked me over, his expression worried before he let our a puff of air and rose to his feel.

"What the hell?" I demanded, crossing my arms.

"You'll live." He shrugged, heading over to the shoe cupboard. "It's only a bruise." 

"Yeah but-" Dara appeared then, her finger to her lips as she shook her head at me. 

I pouted, remembering our conversation last night. Jeez, was this what it is going to be like? A simple accidental bump and he acts like I've just been impaled? Sure, having a Myungsoo grab me by the waist and throw me down on the couch had been exciting at first, but not if his reasoning is because he thinks I'm mortally wounded. His expression... I shook my head as I rose to my feet and over to where he had dumped my bowl down,.It had made my heart race for a moment, seeing him so worried for me.

"Hurry up." He grunted from the doorway. 

Rushing to the shoe cupboard I slipped on my black school shoes and grabbed my coat and bag. Outside, Dara and Myungsoo were already waiting, the latter looking at his watch on his wrist pointedly. Shooting him a scowl I hooked my arm through Dara's and set off, ignoring the moody idiot behind me. His mood swings were too much to handle this hour of the morning.

"Do you think we have time to stop for coffee?" Dara asked quietly as we approached out favorite coffee shop.

"There no such thing as no time for coffee." I answered simply, heading inside. 

Inhaling the fresh scent of brewing coffee, I perked up instantly. Choosing a caramel latte, I waited as the barista made out drinks and found my gaze scanning the shop for Krystal. Normally she and her group of friends could be seen here in the morning, but today she wasn't here.

"Looking for someone?" I barely had time to turn around and acknowledge Tao standing behind me when I was suddenly jerked back and behind a pair of broad shoulders.

I blinked at the back of Myungsoo, stunned by how fast he must have moved to get over here, considering last time I'd checked he had waited outside. 

"I thought I warned you not to speak to her again?" Myungsoo reminded Tao, his tone deadly. 

"You did, but it doesn't mean I'm going to listen. I have something I'd like to discuss with Hana." 

"I have nothing to say to you, Tao." I told him, trying to step around Myungsoo, who blocked my efforts. 

Still, I managed to peek through a small gap between his arm and body as he crossed his arm, and found Tao watching me back through the same gap. 

"Perhaps not, but I have plenty to say to you and I assure you it's things you want to know."

"Don't look at her." Myungsoo growled suddenly, now fully blocking my view of Tao. 

"Hana, let's go." Dara whispered, already holding our coffees.

"But Tao-"

"You staying here will only make Myungsoo angry." Dara whispered to me as she half pushed me outside with her shoulder.

I looked back to see the two having some sort of stare down, but made no move to resist Dara. Truth was, I was in no mood at all for Tao's rubbish, not when I had a seemingly bipolar Myungsoo to deal with today. 

"Why is Myungsoo so pissed?" I muttered, accepting my coffee from her as we headed up towards school and away from the coffee shop.

"Myungsoo's Demon doesn't like Tao looking at you, or speaking to you because it sees him as a threat to you, considering he has once had you stabbed. The best way to keep Myungsoo calm was to get you away from Tao."

"This is too weird, Dara." I sighed. "First the thing this morning and now this. Is he gonna be like this with every guy who talks to me?"

"I don't know... Maybe. It will all depend on how his Hound perceives the guy and also how it reads your reactions to them. If it thinks they're flirting, or they like you, it will become aggressive towards them. Same if it thinks you might like them, or if you don't like them, it will see them as a threat." 

"So, the best thing for me to do is..."

"Avoid talking to any guys today." She answered simply.  

We had arrived at the school gat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter