Flashback chapter

Can you see me?

FLASHBACK

 

Minju pushed Liya to the wall. They were at the behind of the school building which Minju and her gang drags Liya too. Minju pulled Liya’s hair and she cried in pain. “How many times do I have repeated myself? Stay away from Yeob! His mine and you can’t have him!” Minju yelled at Liya face.

“Yeah~ Yeob won’t be interested on a person like you. You didn’t have your own style. You’re just a nerdie girl trying to get attention on some popular guy,” Kimmy, one of Minju’s friend said.

Liya smirked. “And you thought that he would like a person like you? Give me a break,” she said. “Now, get out of my sight, you guys disgust me more than a bug,” she said sternly and stood up. Before Liya took another step, Minju pushed her hard and Liya fell on the ground. Her elbow is bleeding. She shot Minju a glare.

“Don’t you give me that look. You’re the one that disgust me. Stay away from Yeob!” Minju said and splash the cola she’s been drinking to Liya’s face and walk away.

Liya sighed.’No wonder other clever students rejected to totur him. It’s because of the three little bugs,’ she said to herself. She took her handkerchief and wipes the cola on her face. Suddenly, a tear fall. She didn’t want to cry over this. But it’s really hard to get over those trios. They’ve been bugging her almost everyday in those two weeks she’s been hanging out. ‘Now my elbow hurts,’ she cried seeing her bleeding elbow.

Liya was on her way home when she saw Yeob was waiting in front of her house. He saw her. She wanted to run. She won’t let him see her in that kind of condition. With her messy hair, her soaked cloths with cola, her bleeding elbow. Liya was running from him but he was way too fast for her. He managed to grab her hand.

“Hey,” Yeob said. Liya didn’t want to face him. She kept her back on him. “What happen?” he said. He sniffs and he smells cola. “How can you get the cola all over you?” he asked. Then he saw her messy hair and her bleeding elbow. “Yah! Look at me when I’ talking to you!” Yeob raised his voice.

Liya didn’t move an inch. Yeob grab her shoulders and turn her to face him. He was shocked enough because she was crying. She quickly cup her face with her hands. “Don’t look at me like this.. I look miserable..” she cried.

Yeob hugged her. He didn’t know why he did. But he knew all she needs was a hug. “It’s okay.. I’m here..” he said softly to her ears.

Yeob bought Liya to his house. He didn’t want her parents to be shocked seeing her like that. So, he bought her home instead.

“auu!! Be gentle!” Liya yelled.

“Yah! Don’t scream! your such a cry baby~” he and apply some medicine to her elbow. Liya pouted. “Who did this to you?” he asked. But Liya didn’t give any respond. She switched topic.

“We’re going to study physics today.. let see.. what chapter you don’t understand?” Liya asked.

“The only chapter I don’t understand is who did this to you..”

“No one. I fell..”

“fell? How?”

“I bummed into a tree..”

“A tree that produce cola? And you got splashed by it? What about the messy hair? Oh, let me guess. It got stuck by the leaves?”

Liya clapped. She faked a smile. “My, my.. your clever than I thought..” She faked a laugh.

“Come one.. why don’t you tell me who did this to you?”

“Because I don’t want you to be trouble by it. You’ll get distracted. How can you pass your exam? You’ll stuck with me more than you know,” she said.

Yeob looked her in the eyes. “That is for me to decide,” he said. But in the end, Yeob didn’t ask her anymore. He knew she won’t answer it. She’s just too stubborn.

END FLASHBACK