Not Related, but still Important

Don't Love Me

Hi guys,

I'm sorry that this isn't the next update! Haha I hope you're not mad because you saw the "new story updates" notification and yeah x)

I would like to share two things: a thank you and something else. I'll start with the something else first. 

I just video conferenced with poor schoolchildren in Bangalore, India. An organization named "Akshaya Patra" is providing them daily lunchtime meals at school so they can get a good education and have food. I'm the President of the Akshaya Patra youth chapter. But I didn't really know the impact we were making by volunteering/raising money. After we actually saw the kids in person, though... oh my god. I'm crying really hard. 

Those kids are just like us. They have favorite actors, favorite colors, favorite foods. They're bright and lively and have beautiful smiles. The only difference is that they live in poverty. They don't have the number of opportunities that we do. And I am so, so grateful now. Everyone, just remember: we are so fortunate to be living the way we are. We are so privileged. I'm very happy.

Second, thank you. Yes, you reading this. When I started this story, I didn't think I would get more than 50 subscribers. Now I have over 230 wonderful, unique people reading my story. I am so grateful for you- you make my days bearable. The first thing I look forward to doing after long, hard days is writing another chapter for you guys to enjoy. 

Again, thank you so, so much. I am blessed to have my life, to have all of these wonderful people in my life. People who listen to my voice.

I love you.