His Decision

Where My Heart Took Me

*Narrator's POV*

"Hyung, did you hear anything from Luhan Hyung?" Sehun asked Kris. Kris looked at his watch phone and shook his head. Luhan should have contacted him by now. Kris is getting a bit worried. As if on cue, his watch phone started beeping.

"Hello?" Kris pressed the button on the watch and a halogram of Luhan popped out from the watch.

"Hyung!" Sehun smiled at the halogram.

"Kris, Sehun. Where's Kai?" The halographic luhan looked around.

"with the kids. Now tell us. got anything from Zelo?" Kris asked.

"wow not even a 'how are you Luhan?' impatient as always, Kris." Luhan folded his arms and tsked at Kris. To which Kris just rolled his eyes back at Luhan.

"Anyway, yes I did find something. Get this. Ken is in a power struggle with his Uncle. According to my research, Ken's Uncle controls the VIXX military since he is the minister of war. More than half of the ministers are working for him. If we can get him on our side, we can get Sunmi easily." Luhan said.

"But Hyung, I don't get it. Why would this minister of war help us?" Sehun scratched his head.

"without a Queen specifically, without Sunmi, Ken won't be able to become King. And that's exactly what the minister of war wants. I am 100 percent sure he will help us." Luhan replied.

"And have you met this minister?" Kris asked after intently listening.

"No. That's why I'm calling you. What do you suggest we do?" Luhan asked.

"According to your description, this minister of war is not an ordinary person. We must approach him carefully. Let me talk this over with Suho and the boys first. Any news about Sunmi?" Kris said. He was dying of worry. It has been two days since Sunmi got taken.

Luhan shook his head. He was worried for Sunmi as well. He tried his best to probe around VIXX for any news of Sunmi, but he couldn't get any. Ken kept Sunmi in a clandestine place where not even the ministers have seen her yet.

"Ahrraseo. Take it easy, Luhan. We will contact you after I talk to the boys." Kris said.

"Bye, Luhan Hyung! I'll see you soon." Sehun waved at the halographic Luhan and Luhan waved back and disappeared as Kris pressed the END button.

 

 

*VIXX Palace: East Wing*

 

"AHHH! Sunmi! AHHH!"

"YAH! Stop it Ken!"

"I can't..HELP IT." Ken shouted as pain ripped through his body.

"Aigoo, you are such a girl." Sunmi said to Ken as she tended his wound on the chest.

Ken glared at Sunmi when he heard her. Then, he smirked and said, "oh yeah? then what kind of girl have this kind of body?" Ken gestured at his glorious drool worthy abs. Sunmi blushed profusely as she continued wrapping the bandage on the wound.

Ken saw Sunmi blushing and smiled at her blushing face. He was falling for her each second he spend with her. and He definitely knew it. Which makes it harder for him to put her through this situation.

"All done." Sunmi smiled at her handi-work and gave room for Ken to sit up.

"Thank you." Ken said. He wasn't just reffering to the bandage. He was thanking her for considering him as a friend even if he took her away from her family.

Sunmi thought he was talking about the bandage, so she just smiled at him.

"Sunmi-ah?" Ken called her softly almost like a whisper as he watched her pack up the first aid kit.

"mm?" Sunmi hummed and continue packing.

"Do you miss them?" Ken asked. Guilt was slowly eating him alive. Sunmi's kindness was the most effective weapon to anyone could ever use on him.

Sunmi paused when she heard his question. Her mind went to her family. Kai, Kris, Luhan, Sehun, Kaimi, Yi sun, Han Sun and the rest of EXO. She missed them so much it hurt to think about them.

"I miss them." She paused. Tears rolled down her face.

" so so much." She said.

"Arraseo." Ken sighed. After making up his mind, he unclasped his necklace and hand it over to Sunmi.

"Why are you giving me this?" She asked as she stared at the necklace. The necklace was intricately designed with two dragons holding an emerald gem. It was beautiful.

"Take it. It's your freedom." Ken said.

"I don't understand." Sunmi looked back and forth between him and the necklace. She was bewildered by what Ken said. What does he mean by freedom?

"It's a portal. It can transport you to any place in the universe. I'm letting you go Sunmi. I can't put you through this. I don't want to see you cry." Ken said. He gazed at her tenderly. He doesn't want to use her to get the throne anymore. It's unfair to her.

"What about you? What will happen to you?" Sunmi asked.

"Silly girl, don't worry about me. Now go. Your family is waiting." Ken weakly smiled at her.

"Thank you Ken. Thank you so much." Sunmi went over to Ken and hugged him.

"Hey, we are friends right? Friends help each other." Ken said. Sunmi smiled and looked down at the necklace in her hands.

"EXO, here I come." She whispered and disappeared after the flash of light.

 

 

 


*Preview for next chapter*

"What do you mean Sunmi is not here?!" Luhan grabbed Ken.

"WHAT?! She's not here on EXO either!" Sehun yelled.

"Well well well, we finally meet, Princess." The minister of war smiled evily as he eyed the girl in front of him.

"YOu will never get them!" Sunmi shouted.