Ken

Where My Heart Took Me


*Narrator's POV*

"Father! Father!" Ken screamed as his father laid dead on the floor after drinking the afternoon tea.

"Someone HELP. Summon the royal physician!" Ken yelled at the servants guarding the door. How could this happen? His father was a beloved King. Who would do such a thing as to poison him?

The royal physician arrived shortly after and examined the King. After he did all his examinations, he looked at Ken and shook his head. That was how his dad died. Now the weight of VIXX was put upon his shoulder.

 

All the ministers and relatives gathered and sent their last farewell to the King at the funeral. Ken was standing next to a crying two year old. Everyone pitied the poor little boy. His mother died giving birth to him and now his dad died two years later. Not to mention that Yooguen only has Ken and his Uncle to rely on. Ahh His Uncle. Now this one is an interesting character. Shortly after the Ken's father died, citizens of VIXX urged the ministers to crown Ken as the King since the late King already named Ken as the successor. But, the minister of war or should I say his UNCLE, persuaded the ministers to stall Ken's coronation.

"Why, Uncle? Do you not trust my ability to take over my father?" Ken asked his uncle. He was never close to his uncle, but this is his only elderly relative left for him to rely on.

"Ahh quite the opposite actually.. GUARDS! Take the crown prince to the Dungeon!" Minister of War ordered and every single one of the servants obeyed him. Ken was left speechless. How dare they do this to him when he is the Crown Prince. The Future King!

The Jail bars made a loud bang as the guards closed the door. Ken was beginning to question his so called Uncle. Why would he treat him this way, unless...

"This will teach you a lesson, Crown Prince. Now you know who holds the real power in this place." The minister of War grabbed Ken's face and tossed him aside. He gave Ken a smirk one last time before he left the dungeon. That night, Ken cried himself to sleep. He cried for his dead father who easily trusted his Uncle. He cried for his younger brother Yoogeun because Yoogeun became an orphan at such young age. He cried for himself because he failed to protect his own family. When the morning came, Ken was reborn as a new person. He vowed to himself that he will not let anyone see him as a weakling. He will do his best to protect Yoogeun and himself.

 

Eversince then, Ken became cold. He doesn't allow himself to feel. He closed off all emotions. He doesn't trust anyone anymore, not even the servants that had served him since he was little. He knew that being this way is the only way for him to survive in this cruel palace. He started to live by Darwin's theory: Survival of the Fittest.

Some people say that he was a ruthless person. Some say that he was only being righteous. But, they all agree that Ken was a stubborn Prince. He refused to give up his throne even after trials and trials of hardships provided by his Uncle. One time, he almost lost his life surveying the snowy mountain range of VIXX. The ministers ganged up on him and forced him to do an expedition on the most dangerous terrain of VIXX. This plan backfired them, instead on chickening out, Ken came back alive and earned the respect of his citizens.

The recent trial they put upon him was to bring back a Bride with impossible qualities. And yet, he managed to find her.

Now the question is...

 Will Ken finally be able to become King like he was destined to?

or

Will his Uncle snatch the throne right under his nose?

 

 


 

Dun DuN DUN...

lol I wanted make Ken's character a bit more likeable.

I don't know if I achieved that goal though.

Pls comment and let me know. (: