I love you, I love you not... I love you a little, I love you a lot...

I Love You... Mr. Boy Next Door

 

Lae felt so uncomfortable while she and her mom was on the plane. She was looking out at the window.

“Nervous?” her mom asked

“i don’t know mom, I want to do something but I don’t know exactly what that is.”

“Don’t worry, it’s natural for first timers to feel uncomfortable on riding a plane. Just relax.”

But she can’t still pin herself. She felt like there was something missing. Or something that she had left behind “Umma, I think I left something behind.”

“we double checked our bags last night right?” her mom patted her hand “try to relax. You’ll be fine.” She obeyed her mom. Still her mind was floating everywhere, searching for that someting she had forgotten.

Soon enough the flight attendant announces that the plane was all ready to take-off. Lae took a deep breath when she saw the plane lift from the ground through her window. She closed her eyes.

Then her nose caught the familiar scent. And like a hurricane everything went back to her---- from their first meeting at the convenience store to their first fight, their first makeup, their battle of wits, the memory of his almost perfect body, and his handsome and almost perfect face—his pretty eyes, nose, lips, his smle---his laughter. Everything about him kept circling her mind while the familiar scent invaded her senses. And finally she can’t take it, she started to cry.

“Lae, what’s wrong?” her mom asked in a concerned tone

“umma, I shouldn’t have left. I should’ve stayed with Jinyoung.”

“You didn’t left him, stop crying. You’ll be back aftera week. Don’t worry.”

“I know mom, but why does it feel this way? It felt like I will never see him ever again if I leave. I should’ve have told him I’ll be back after a week. I should’ve asked him to wait for me.”

“Well, think of it this way. You’ll have a very good reason to see him. It’s okay, everything will be fine.”

Lae wiped her tears away “It’s because of that annoying perfume, I can smell Jinyoung’s perfume that’s why I remembered him. ! Who sprayed their perfume? Curse you!”

“Lae...” the pilot has finally announced that the plane is now stable, and everyone is now free to remove their seat belts. Without a word, Lae removed her seat belt and followed the familiar scent. She didn’t have to look very far. Because the owner of the scent was just sitting behind her, it was none other than Jinyoung.  His chin on his hand while sitting comfortably on his chair.

“JINYOUNG?”

He raised a finger with a smile on his bface as he continued to watch her expression

“Wha~ how?”

“Cha-gi told me your flight schedule. I have a friend at the airport who helped me get a seat on your plane.” Jinyoung still looked comfortable sitting on his chair while Lae was overwhelmed with her emotions.

“You’re Jinyoung?” her mother asked who also had treaded on her chair to look at Jinyoung “My, you’re handsome. No wonder Lae fell in love with you.”

“Thank you ma’am” Jinyoung stuck his hand out to Lae’s mother “It’s nice to meet a lovely lady like you.”

“Jeongmal? But tell me, did you follow my daughter here?”

Jinyoung gazed  at her first before answering her mom’s question “Yes ma’am”

“Why I thought you didn’t like my daughter?”

Lae lowered her head down, she felt shy because of her mom’s frank questions to Jinyoung. but it was a good thing that she was with her mom. Seeing Jinyoung at that moment sent her mind into a haywire.

“Did she told you that, ma’am?” Jinyoung asked her mom. “Well, obviously she’s wrong.” He looked at her again with amusement.

Her heart went thumping ferociously

Her mom continued “So you like my daughter?”

“Very much ma’am” Jinyoung said still looking at her, in his eyes she saw how sincere he was.

“have you told her that?”

“Not yet.”

“Then you’re a fool.”

“I know.”

Lae can’t prevent herself from smiling when she heard Jinyoung’s answer*I knew t Jinyoung baby, YOU LIKE ME TOO! I’m sorry i didn’t tell you how much I am in love with you..

“I didn’t tell her because I was so selfish” Jinyoung said, “I thought she’d never leave my side. I got used to seeing her running around, ruining my days, following my every move.  I forgot that she too also has a life of her own.”

“And your point is?” her mom asked

“I was a jerk to think that way. I should have paid more attention to her. But then, it was too late when I realized how special she is to me. At first I thought it would be best for her if she stayed with her family, since I don’t give importance to her feelings. I was so selfish and she deserves someone better than me.” Jinyoung said.

“My daughter loves you, do you know that?”

“Yes ma’am”

Lae almost her breath when Jinyoung said that he knew that she loves him. *Jinyoung pabo!

“do you know that my daughter rarely falls in love? You were the first and only man she ever fell in love with. And you threw it all away.”

“I didn’t throw it away, ma’am. That’s why I’m here I can’t let her go. She brought back the color to my life. She showed me the beauty of the world after all those unfortunate things that had happened to me. She brought back the lost smile on my lips. She took me out of misery. And she taught mt how to love.”

Lae had finally let herself cry from what she had heard from Jinyoung.  “Pabo! Wae? Why didn’t you tell me that before?”

“I ran out of chances” Jinyoung replied

“You have all the chances in the world Jinyoung.” she said still crying

“I thought I wouldn't run out of them. When the moment I was ready to tell you, you told me you’re leaving.”

“Why didn’t you ask me to stay? I was waiting for you to stop me?”

“You said you missed your parents. And that you wanted to be with your family. Who am I to stop you from the things that could make you happy? When I can’t even give you the happiness that you deserve.”

“Shikeuro!” lae shouted at Jinyoung “And who are you to tell me what could make me happy? “you make me smile and make me happy” haven’t I told you that before?”

“lae-ah Mianhae.. I’m sorry for not noticing”

“and now you’re here trying to convince me to stay with you because you love me? You even used that perfume, you knew how much I love that smell! I hate you.”

“Mianhae, Lae”

“for what?”

“for everything that I’ve done wrong and for everything that I didn’t do”

“You think it would be that easy. A sorry is enough for everything? You made me cry again~~” Lae said as she frowned her lips to him

He picked up something from the floor it was a bouquet of flowers that looked like they had just been plucked straight from the garden... probably his garden. “I know a sorry is not enough to compensate for all the heartaches I have caused you. but I’m willing to make it up to you if you’ll give me a chance.”

*No matter what you did or didn’t do, whether it was right or wrong, I still love you Jinoyung and it would never change. Not even for a second.

The first time we met at the convenience store,I already noticed you. I mean, who wouldn’t fall for a pretty lady with white legs scanning through the magazine shelves? That’s why I uncontrollably went to you and took a newspaper though it was not my plan to buy one. It was because I wanted to see you up close. And when you went to me and slowly sniffed my scent, i wanted to kiss you just to make sure you weren’t a dream. Or I wasn’t just dreaming. Good thing i immediately got back to my senses cause if not you could have filed ual harassment case against me if I kissed you on purpose.

wae~~ you could have asked for.. my name~”

shut up Lae, let me finish first.Jinyoung said then he continued his story “Honestly, I panicked. That was the first time I ever felt that feeling for a girl. So I ran away.”

Lae hissed “You make me feel like I’m the ugliest person on earth.”

“Of course not. Would I still lose my mind just thinking of you if you’re ugly?” Jinyoung said

“TSS. Then why did you act coldly when Yaya Sarang introduced me to you, you even slammed your door at me.”

“like I said, I panicked. You’re the only girl that sent chills to my every being. Can you please get these flowers? My arms are hurting. I’ve carrying these the whole time.” Jinyoung said as he wagged the flowers to her

“you mean, these came from your garden?” Lae said as she took the flower from him

“Yes. It seems like you liked the first one that I gave you. ”

“you gave those to me? I think you’re forgetting something, I picked those flowers not you.”

“okay.” Jinyoung said just to end the unending argument

Lae breathed in the smooth scent of the flowers as she looked at Jinyoung’s handsome face, he was staring back at her “Didn’t Cha-gi told you that I’ll be back after a week?”

“She did mentioned that. But, I felt so uneasy from the last time that we talked. You said you’d get yourself four boyfriends when you get to the Philippines.” Jinyoung said

“Just three” lae said correcting him

Jinyoung stood stretched his arms to her and cupped Lae’s face. Then he lowered his head to her as he gently kissed her on the lips. Lae was stunned. But after a while, her senses, heart and mind accepted the crazy feeling that Jinyoung has brought to her. She answered his kiss. And she knew she had finally arrived to where her heart truly belonged.

“No other guy is allowed to come near you.”Jinyoung declared “Saranghaeyo~~ Kang Lae-mon..”

“Jeongmal? Jeongmal?”

“Don’t you wanna believe me?” Jinyoung face the passengers on board the plane who were watching them. “This beautiful woman here is the only woman in my life. I love her and I don’t want any other guy to come near her. She’s mine and mine alone. I’ll definitely throw any one of you out of the window if you dare take her away from me. I don’t care if you don’t understand my language. I’ll stay firm to my words. Arrasso?” after Jinyoung gave his speech everybody cheered and clapped their hands for the both of them.

Then Jinyoung reached the inside of his trousers pocket and revealed something that resembled a small box.

“NO WAY!” Lae exclaimed. She already knew what would happen next.

“ready?” Jinyoung was smiling at her. He opened a box revealing a sparkling diamond studded ring.

“Miss Kang Lae-mon, are you ready to be the wife of great Jung Jinyoung?” Jinyoung still trying to ease things up and make her laugh

As tears streamed down Lae’s cheeks, she nodded and accepted the ring on her finger. “Yah! Jinyoung-ah! Can’t you be a little humble?”

“Yah! you can’t just order me around now that you’re soon to be my wife. I’m still the great and proud Jinyoung you met at the convenience store.” Jinyoung said complaining

“oh really? Should I take back my vow, and give you back your ring?” Lae said, she laughed when she saw Jinyoung’s loser expression.

“Neol Saranghae Jinoyung” Lae said

“Nado neol Saranghae Lae.. always..” Jinyoung replied