to stay or not to stay?

I Love You... Mr. Boy Next Door

 

“UMMA?  why are you here?” Lae saw her mom sitting on their sala’s sofa the next day she woke up after the incident that had happened to her, she haven’t seen Jinyoung the whole day. Lae has no clue what had happened to him all she knows is that she really misses Jinyoung.

“I’m here to fetch you. we’re going to the Philippines, your Appa was so worried about you. we were so worried” Lae’s mom went to her and gave her a hug which made her cry.  Last night after the incident Jinyoung sent her back to her home where Cha-gi was waiting, he left without saying anything.  “when cha-gi told us what had happened, I immediately bought plane tickets to Korea. Are you ok? I miss you so much.”

“Umma.... I’m fine” her mom let her go from her hug.

“How can you be so sure that you’re fine? I know you, you’re good at keeping your emotions to yourself. Don’t worry umma’s here, and I have your visa. We’re leaving as soon as possible. Everyone’s waiting for you in the Philippines.”

Lae even hugged her mom tighter. Her mother’s secent always gave her comfort when she was a child. But that’s not anymore her favorite scent. She removed herself fom her mom’s hug. “Umma, I can only be with you for a week. And then I’ll come back here.”

“What? I thought you wanted to be with us in the Philippines, lae?”

“yes.. but that was before I met someone.”

“someone?”

Lae turned her head to Cha-gi who was just watching them. She knew Cha-gi was waiting to hear her decision “Umma, I fell in love. I’ve already met the man who I want to have my future with.”

“Lae-mon..”

“umma, I can’t just throw this chance away. I thought a short time would be enough for me to spend with him. But I wasn’t contented with that, just the thought of being away from makes me wanna cry... you know how much I love you mom but your baby is all grown up now. I have my own life now, and I want him to be a part of my life forever. He made me feel what true meaning of love is. Although there’s no assurance that he loves me too, I still want to take the risk. Umma, i hope you would understand. This is a big world and I don’t want to let the man I love slip by and search for him all over again.” after a few minutes of silence, Lae’s mother gave her the most understanding smile of a mother to her child.

“of course i understand. I’ve been through that, I know how it feels, stop crying now. ” her mom gently caressed her head.

“Komapsuhamnidda, umma.”

“when are you going to introduce the guy to me?”

“When we get back from the Philippines. I’ll talk to him and if he says he love me to, I’ll bring him to the Philippines with me.”

“What if he does not?”

“Then I’ll go back alone.” Lae said in a low tone. “Umma how could you say that? Can’t you be a little more positive?”

“Well, Lae. It’s your fault, you have all the time in the world to tell him how much you love him but you didn’t.” Cha-gi exclaimed

“Because.. I can only fix my life one at a time. Anyway, a week in Philippines won’t be that long. When I get back I’d tell him wholeheartedly how much I love him. I can face Jinyoung by then.”

“Jinyoung? I like his name.”he mother said

“You’ll like him even more when you meet him, he’s very sweet, umma. He has the most wonderful eyes and the most handsome face in the world!”

“I like him already for you sweetheart.”

“I like him even more, umma haha~~”

“then I guess, you should start packing by now. Tomorrow morning we’ll leave.”