Chapter 8

a leap of faith

“Why isn’t any of them making the first move? Both of them are obviously into each other?!” Bom exclaimed.

“I know right. Both of them look so good together.” Dara said casting a pitiful glance to the couple in the gardens.

Jiyong and Chearin were sitting side by side in the gardens, talking while enjoying the view. It’s the third day into their holiday, everybody now has their routine planned out. Some will read. Some will go explore. And some, like Bom, Dara, and Minzy would just sit around and plot.

“Arghhh! You can see it in their eyes but no of them is acknowledging it! Minzy go tell your cousin to step up her game.” Bom said with her teeth clench together.

“What? Why me? It’s their business, not mine. And besides I’m pretty sure that Chea knows what she is doing.” Minzy said confidently.

Bom scoffed at her.

“Yea, and pigs can fly. She hasn’t had a boyfriend her whole life how would she know what to do in this situation.” Bom remarked.

“Bommie is right you know. But I think we need to nudge them a bit. Like say we hint to her that Jiyong likes her and hint to Jiyong that Chae likes him. Then both of them would then confess to each other and then fall in love, and then get married, and finally they will have kids who looks like them, which would be so cute,” Dara said her voice slowly escalating until she drop to the sofa in a fit of giggles, with god knows what image/scene playing out in her happy little brain.

Bom sighs.

“I can’t believe I’m friends with you.”

“But it’s actually a good plan since you’ve said that Chea has no idea whatsoever about being in a relationship,” Minzy said nodding her head.

“You actually trust what Dara said?” Bom said disbelievingly.

“Hey, I’m not that bad. It’s a solid idea okay!” Dara scoffed.

“I don’t know. It feels like it should be resolved by they themselves.” Bom said shaking her head.

“But if we wait for them to resolve it themselves, they would have grown old and wrinkly by then, since both are equally careful people. They need the external force to help them, and their answer is us.” Dara said with a look of superiority.

Bom sighs again.

“Fine. I’ll participate in this little adventure of yours, but if anything goes wrong it’s all you. And Minzy you will have to help too, since you are her relative and she would most probably take your opinion into consideration.” Bom said.

Minzy giggled. “Sure. I‘ll do anything for my beloved couzz,” she replied with a wide smile on her face.

“Okay, so now how do we proceed with the plan?” Bom asked.

“Okay, first……”

And that is how they spend their afternoon planning their game strategy.

Chearin and Jiyong were in the gardens collecting flowers that had fallen to the ground, because Chearin wanted to use the flowers to create bookmarks. So they were just walking around the garden picking up flowers while maintaining a light conversation.

“Do you know that I once went to a restricted area to cycle and got myself cut at the ankles,” Jiyong said.

“Oh my goodness! How did it happen?” Chearin asked.

Jiyong bent down to pick up another fallen flower and passed it to Chearin.

“Well, I was just cycling around the neighborhood and decided to cycle a little bit further because I wanted to explore a bit more. So I cycled to this abandoned park where which was fenced up but had a small opening,” Jiyong said. He bent down again to pick up another flower.

“I guess curiosity got the better of me so I went through the opening. However as I was going through the opening one of the wires caught onto my skin, and as I walked, the wire pulled against my flesh, and that was how I got cut,” he said.

He continued walking and noticed that Chearin was not beside him. He turned around to find Chearin standing about a meter behind him. Her face had turned a nasty shade of white. Concerned he quickly ran to her.

“Chearin are you okay? You look really pale. Maybe we should return to the house and get you something hot. I think the weather must have gotten to you,” he said in a concerned voice.

“Ughrrrhhhhh, it must have been so painful. My stomach is turning after hearing you describe how you cut your ankle,” she said rubbing her stomach.

Jiyong stood there and just started laughing.

“What is so funny?” Chaerin asked with her hands on her hips.

“Nothing. It just the look on your face was epic,” Jiyong replied still trying to contain his laughter.

“Hey! You know I don’t handle stuff like that well right. Blood, gore, ghost. Gah! Thinking about them also makes me sick to the stomach,” she huffed.

He continued laughing.

Chearin decided it was time he stopped, so she tickled him. He tried to pull away from her.

“Hey! Stop it! HAHAHAHAHA. Its ticklish! HAHAHAHAHA!”

“Hah! Get a taste of your own medicine!”

She tickled and poked him in the sides. He laughed and struggled to get away from her.

He couldn’t get away.

 He too then started to tickle her too. Both of them were chasing and dodging each other until Chearin accidently tripped on her foot and fall to ground, pulling Jiyong down to the ground in an attempt to find her balance. Jiyong caught by surprise couldn’t fine his balance and with a tug and pull both of them fell to the ground.

Chearin got the air knocked out of her lungs even though Jiyong tried his best to land on her.

Jiyong looked down to find a dazed and confused Chearin.

“Oh my god! Chearin are you okay? Did I hurt you?” he asked.

Chearin looked up to see Jiyong looking down at her with a very worried look. She blushed before could answer as she noticed that they were in a very awkward position. They were almost chest to chest and one of Jiyong’s legs was in between her thighs. She felt a strange pull inside her stomach.

“Erm, maybe you could get up, I would be able to breathe better,”

“Oh right. Sorry,” he said and immediately got up.

She felt better but was a bit sad at the lost of contact between their bodies.

“Hey you need help getting up?”

She was still laying spread eagle on the ground.  Jiyong blushed and looked away. Her skirt had ridden up her thigh to show just slight bit of her undies, which was black.

Damn! Why do I always find her in this type of position? God, are you trying to torture me? If you are, you’ve done a damn good job at it.

“Nope, I’m okay,” and got up by herself.

She dusted her hands and her dress.

“Should we go back now?” she asked

“Don’t you still want to collect flowers?” he asked

“Nah, I’ve still got tomorrow,” she said.

“Cool. Let’s go back,” he said

Both of them head back to the house in an awkward silence.