Chapter 1

a leap of faith

At a cafe, 2 years back....

Chearin was seated at a quiet little spot at the back of her favorite coffee house. It was a rainy day, but to her it was the best time in the whole wide world to relax with a hot cup of caramel latte. Younha's rain sound was playing on the cafe's speaker coincidentally. It was times like this that Chearin felt the most comfortable with herself, where everything was where it should be and where the world seem a bit happier, even though it was raining.

She was at the cafe finishing up some of her college projects, when a shadow was casted onto her books. She looked up to see a fairly young man or boy, she couldn't tell, looking down at her. He had small oval shaped face, small dainty lips,a fairly straight nose, arched eyebrows, and a pair of bright almond shaped eyes which was staring at her. She then realize that she was actually staring.

"Yes?", Chearin said.

"Hi", the man/boy said. "Is anyone sitting on this stool?' he asked

"Sure, take it, i won't be using it", she said.

"Thanks", he said smiling, "We really needed it", indicating to his 4 friends who were sitting at a nearby table.

She just smiled back, while he went over to his friends taking the stool with him.

She sigh. When was the last time she and her group of friends hanged out at a cafe, sharing stories, laughing over stupid jokes, and just enjoying themself. Yep, that was a really long time ago. They were like her, finishing up college projects, assignments, and finals. She really need to have a girls day out sometime soon, she though to herself while casting a envious glance at the man/boy's group of friends who were laughing over something. However just as she glanced over, she saw the man/boy looking at her. They exchanged glances for a moment before looking away at the same time.

Nah, it was just a coincidence, she thought to herself. She looked back at him, but he was engrossed with something his friend said. See, it was just a coincidence, she thought to herself. She then resumed to doing her project, while enjoying the soothing music that was playing with the pitter-patter of rain on the roof.

When she deemed that her project was at its end, and needed a few finishing touches that could be done the next day, she concluded that it was time to head back home. She looked outside.The rain had stop. They sky looked clear just as dusk was creeping up from the end of the horizon. Again she sigh, but it was a happy one because she was almost done with her project while others were still in their starting phase.

She then scanned the cafe. Oh, he is still there, but wait where are his friends, she thought to herself. The man/boy was still still sitting at the same table he occupied this afternoon, reading a magazine with his crossed at the ankles. He looks like a chic city guy  relaxing at a cafe, she thought. She then wondered how did she looked if she sat like that. The image of her doing that, made her laugh to herself. She would never look chic, she would most probably look really embarrassing. She glanced back at the guy, he was looking at her now. Startled she could only give a awkward smile back. , he caught me laughing at nothing, she thought, now he is going to think I'm mental.

He started to rise from his sit, walking towards Chearin.

Oh no, what now, she though.

"Hey, if you don't mind, can i sit here? It's a bit lonely sitting there all by myself", he said.

"Sure, but i'm gonna leave soon. I've just finished up my work", she said.

"Hahaha, i've come at the wrong time", he said smiling.

"Sorry", she said putting her palms together.

"It's okay, i thought that you were free seeing that you were looking up from your work", he said. "Anyways it was nice meeting you,..."

"Opps, I'm Chearin", she said

"Hi, I'm Jiyoung", he said. "See you in the future", he said winking.

"Hahaha, maybe", she said tilting her head one side.

He then walked away smiling.

She started pack up her stuff. Was he interested in me?, she thought to herself. Maybe.Should I believe at somebody would be interseted in me ? she thought laughing to herself again, and left the cafe.