Chapter 9

a leap of faith

And so their 1 week of holiday has come to an end, bring the girls plan of matching Jiyong and Chearin together to a halt. They actually tried to during the last few days, like sitting them together, making them pick up things in the village for them, and stuff. But their hints somehow don’t seem to work, their relationship still remained the same. This was all on the surface. Both Jiyong and Chearin felt that their relationship had started to change its direction, it seem that they have started to fall deeper for one another. The times that they sat next to each other Jiyong would purposely brush his hands against her finger, sending electric shocks through her body. Chearin on the other hand would sit slightly closer and would sometimes accidently (or maybe her body would purposely) brush the sides of her thigh against his, which would send goose bumps rising on his arms.

They would complain about their friends being lazy when they ask them to go help them pick up stuff from the village, but secretly they are smiling and rejoicing on the inside as they get to spend time together.

So it was actually a successful attempt on behalf of the girls, even if they felt that it was a failure.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To: Chaerin

Sup ? Free to have dinner today? A friend introduced me to this place which has the best chocolate cake in town. Pick you ?

To: Jiyong

Yo! Hmmmm dinner sounds good, but it will have to be about 8+. Getting home at about 7.45…. shooting went a bit off schedule.

To: Chearin

Okay! Will pick you about 8.15? Don’t tell me you need ½ an hour to get ready….

To : Jiyong

Hey!!! I’m not bommie, I don’t spend like an hour in the bathroom. Yea 8.15 is fine. So casual or dress up?

To: Chearin

Casual. Going to be chilly outside, wear something warm.

To: Jiyong

Okay, can’t wait !!! CHOCOLATE CAKE !!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So Chearin being Chearin reached home at exactly 7.35, which she had already estimate (extra 10 minutes to pick what to not wear) so that she will have ample time to get ready for tonight. She quickly rushed to her bathroom to take her bath. Coming out she then blew dry her hair which took the longest so she did it while deciding what to wear. She picked out a simple white tee, pairing it with her high-waist skinny jeans and her favorite jeans jacket. After putting on her clothes she heard her clock chime 8. Cursing she quickly put on her makeup which took her about 10 minutes give or take. Now choosing the right pair shoes is seriously like choosing the type of person to date, because the shoe can play up or play down the things on top. And like every other girl she has like a gazillion pairs of shoes which she tries and tries until she hears the doorbell ring, and then only she decides on a pair of red pointed toe pumps with a 4 inch heel.  She then proceeds to walk out gracefully of her front door.

“Hey, you are on time,” Chearin said looking at her watch.

“Well, I try to be. I wanted to come earlier but since you just came home, decided to be on time,” he said giving Chearin a wink.

She laughed.

“I knew you would be hungry, so here have some biscuits,” she said passing him the biscuits she took while she was getting out of the house.

“Feed me. I’m driving can’t keep my hands off the steering wheel,” he said, his eyes never leaving the road.

She laughed again.

“Well aren’t you Mr. Gentleman,” she said.

She took a piece out of it wrapping and fed him.

“So where is this place you are taking me?” she asked.

“You’ll know when you get there,” he replied smirking.

“Why can’t you tell me now?” she asked.

“You are going to know sooner or later, so why don’t you wait and see,” he replied

“Fine. But they better have awesome chocolate cake or if not somebody has to pay,” she said sending a glare to Jiyong.

He laughed.

“I’m already paying for dinner, and if it is nice what are you gonna do?” he said

“You are gonna pay for dinner? Assa!!! I can eat all I want!” she exclaimed.

If only you know how nervous I am about tonight.  Jiyong thought to himself.

They got to the restaurant. The place had a nice ambience and good music which was met with approval by Chearin. They were brought to a table for two at a nice quiet corner under the reservation of Mr. Kwon.

As she was being seated, Chearin said “Wow nice place.”

“You like it?” Jiyong asked.

“Yea, I love it,” she said smiling.

Jiyong mentally wipe the sweat of his forehead in relief.

The waiter brought over the menu.

“I think I’ll have the Aglio Olio spaghetti, and a glass of red wine and that chocolate cake that you recommended. How about you?” Chearin said.

“I will have the salmon, but I’ll have a glass of water cuz I’m driving,” he stated.

“Come on its just a glass. You never get drunk anyways,” she said.

I need something stronger then wine to calm my nerves actually. He thought to himself but stuck to his original plan to order water.

Their orders came shortly, dinner conversations flowed, laughter rang, and food was sampled, until only the chocolate cake was left.

“I was wondering if you are free this coming Saturday?” Jiyong asked feeling extremely nervous. This was his changing point.

“Why? I guess so,” she said.

“Well, I would like to bring you on a date. An official date,” he said voice quivering a bit.

“An official date? You date me all the time right? Isn’t this a date now?” she asked.

“The date I meant is the dating between a man and women, and here I would to ask you something,” he paused for a bit.

“Will you be my girlfriend Lee Chearin?”